It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie lovers..PLEASE HELP...my top 10

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
reply to post by hapablab

*sigh*

They just don't make 'em like that anymore, do they?

OMG OMG OMG!!, I love it thank you so much for this clip!!, and no they do not make em like that anymore, the movies OR the actors! lol.

Just amazing!!.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Top 3 Films
1. The Shining
2. All Pixar Movies (except Cars 2)
3. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Top 3 Directors
1.Alfred Hitchcock
2. Stanley Kubrick
3. Christopher Nolan

Top 3 Actors
1. The ARNOLD
2. Morgan Freeman
3. Robert De Niro

Top 3 Soundtracks
1. Blade Runner
2. Up
3. Inception

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gramps007

You didn't say why you liked yours....

Mine:

1) The Star Wars films, and I'm going to count these as one entry. This franchise redefined what going to the movies meant, and still inspires generations of movie-makers.

2) The Harry Potter films (again, one entry). I've never seen a book story translate so well to film, and these movies, like the books, were simply (pardon the pun) magical.

3) The Princess Bride. This movie had action, the best sword fight in movie history, great lines, comedy, romance, all in one. I still enjoy watching this movie.

4) Titanic. Yeah, I know, but for me, this movie just did everything right, acting, music, costumes, sets, and most of all, a story that really resonated. You felt transported to the Titanic on that fateful night.

5) The Airplane! movies. I'm a sucker for good spoof movies, and these films are the best example of the genre.

6) The Living Dead movies. Romero invented the genre, and this series of movies (and remakes) still serves as the quintessential treatise on zombies. The whole idea of being trapped while holding out against the horde of undead outside, just terrifying.

7) The Back to the Future movies. Certainly the best example of time travel in film, and the way the 3 flowed together made it like one big movie. A great cast, and just really original.

8) Jurassic Park films. Simply incredible, and such a unique story idea. The effects made you believe and the actors actually acted like you'd expect people in those situations to act like. Ok, so the one in the city wasn't so hot, but the others were great.

9) Apollo 13. Superb film. Great job of capturing the era, and told a story I really had never heard much about. Simply an amazing time in our history, and an example of what man can do when we put our minds to something. Truly inspiring.

10) James Bond movies (excluding the recent Daniel Craig ones. Bond is supposed to be suave, not a thug).... I'm a guy, so this is kind of required, but I love this whole series. For me, Brosnan was the most quintessential Bond, and those movies paid a lot of homage to the old ones (like the Q lab, etc. scenes). And the gadgets, who doesn't love those?

edit on 22-3-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Right off the top of my head in no particular order:

9 and a Half Weeks

Blade Runner

The Notebook

P.S. I Love You

The Truman Show ( Probably # 1 )

Angel Heart

The Color of Money ( I love playing pool)

The Deer Hunter

Pirates of the Carribean.......all of 'em

The Bourne Trilogy ( Probably #2)

There's more but I'm just waking up. There's a bunch more of good romantic movies I really enjoy.

I know, I'm just a big teddy bear.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was just reminded of another great film that I would have included had that 10 been stretched to 100...(and another magnificent performance from the magnificent Katherine Hepburn)

The Lion in Winter

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Must be time to sign off, spending more time browsing You Tube than on the boards

Anyway...if you haven't watched The Wild Bunch this clip kind of gives away the ending
but not only is it one of the best westerns, but it is also a damn good war film...perhaps, in fact, more of the latter...and I don't think many directors succeed in capturing the futility of war quite the way Peckinpah did...

On that note...bedtime.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
im not gonna give a list instead i say...

any movie created in 1984-1985.

that was the golden year of movies

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
(My list goes to 11, ha ha.)

In no particular order...

Blade Runner-the best PDK adaptation ever. Decades ahead of its time. Can you imagine a "detective meets robots" movie done today? No, you can't. Because it would suck so hard, not even light could escape.
Fifth Element-There's a reason why this is so good. Director Luc Besson spent 20 years thinking about it. And the incomparable Milla Jovovich doesn't hurt it, either.
Dark City-the OTHER sci-fi noir film. I could watch science fiction films set in a 1940's world forever.
2046-requires a bit of patience, but the moods that it created in me were transcendent.
Dune-hey, they tried.
Kontrol-not science fiction, per se, but an original idea; the lives of workers in Poland's subways who never go to the surface.
The Fall-One of the most gorgeous and mind-blowing things you'll ever watch. Roger Ebert said of it, "We will never see a film like this again."
The Fourth Kind-This scared the crap out of me. Watched it in the middle of the night, alone, and I had to keep telling myself that it wasn't real.
They Live-"I have come to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I am all out of bubblegum." Classic. Watching the street fight between Roddy Piper and Keith David will put hair on your chest. Even if you're a woman.
Battle Royale-the inspiration for The Hunger Games and Series 7. The sequel is even bloodier.
Equilibrium-Two words: Gun Fu.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
My top 5:

What Dreams May Come!

Hook!

Groundhog Day!

The Matrix!

The Boy Who Could Fly!

They sum up the world. Other than that, I don't like violence, satanic actors, or occultists, black op children coding our matrix, media controlled info. I rarely watch anything, and avoid most music for the same reason.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of movies some of my favourites are :

Forrest Gump
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Star Wars
Planet of the Apes (original)
The Matrix
Contact
District 9
Alien and Predator movies
Harry Potter
Knowing

And many, many more

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I LOVE best films lists! It is how I find a movie to watch, by reading about people's top tens, or twenties, etc. So, in no particular order, my top 20 films I've ever seen are...

L' Notte(1961)

Early Spring(1956)

Mouchette(1967)

Viridiana((1961)

L'Eclisse(1962)

The Earrings of Madame de...(1953)

Dr. Strangelove(1964)

His Girl Friday(1940)

A Woman in the Dunes(1964)

A Separation(2011)

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie(1972)

Tokyo Story((1953)

Au Hasard Balthazar(1956)

The Exterminating Angel(1962)

Aguirre: Wrath of God(1972)

Persona(1966)

The Piano(1993)

2001: A Space Odyssey(1968)

Sunset Boulevard(1950)

Meetings with Anna((1978)

edit on 26-12-2012 by trysts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Trainspotting
Pulp Fiction
Star Wars original trilogy
Dead mans shoes
Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels
The matrix
Amelie
Contact
Taxi driver
Brewsters millions
Escape to victory

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
1. Excalibur

2. Noises Off

3. Patton

4. Eyes Wide Shut

5. The Ninth Gate

6. The Godfather 1+2

7. The Matrix

8. The Outlaw Josie Wales

9. Rosemary's Baby

10. Exorcist III

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Tough challenge to make a list of 10 movies. As a movie freak I've seen so much movies it's hard to make a choice, or I'd end up with a very long list. I like a lot of things, except romantic comedies and stuff like that... Horror is definitely my passion, and outside that I love the war genre, psychological thrillers, aaand the good old action movies

1. In the mouth of madness
2. Session 9
3. Letters from Iwo Jima
4. Der Untergang
5. Predator
6. Full metal jacket
7. Old Boy
8. Midnight meat train
9. Memories of murder
10. Die Hard

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
1. LOGAN'S RUN
2. BLADE RUNNER
3. THX 1138
4. 1984
5. Alien 1 & 2
6. The Time Machine w/ Rod Taylor
7. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1979)
8. Godfather Trilogy
9. Terminator
10. The Lake House (I Know.. I know.... Call me a romantic
)

So these are my "GOTO" movies. The movies I like to watch with good glass of Chianti on a Late weekend night. Nostalgic movies that put me in a mood that is hard to explain... Being that I am 44 years old you can see the age correlation.

Honorable mentions:
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Casablanca
Apocalypse Now
The Sting
The African Queen
Key Largo
The Maltese Falcon
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Gone With The Wind
King Kong (Jeff Bridges)
Ferris Buellers Day Off
Better Off Dead

edit on 12/27/2012 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc

The Fall-One of the most gorgeous and mind-blowing things you'll ever watch. Roger Ebert said of it, "We will never see a film like this again."

I cannot seem to find anything on this movie "the fall-one". Is this the actual title or?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (great film even non-star trek fans can enjoy)
3. The Exorcist
4. LofR: Return of the King
5. Pulp Fiction
6. Saving Private Ryan
7. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
8. The Wild Bunch
9. The Crow (original none of the sequels, Brandon Lee was a amazing with a great score)
10. Aliens

Honorable Mention
1. Braveheart
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
4. Jaws
5. Cadyshack
6. Clerks
7. What Dreams May Come
8. The Village (as much for the score as the film)
9. Whale Rider (Dead Can Dance are one of my 3 favorite bands so Lisa Gerrards vocals added to this interesting film)
10. The Mist (the crushing and depressing last sequence with amazing use of a Dead Can Dance song)

edit on 27-12-2012 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES

Originally posted by Snsoc

I cannot seem to find anything on this movie "the fall-one". Is this the actual title or?

It's just "The Fall." The "One" is part of the sentence that comes after it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
No particular order just some scifi and action films

- For a few dollars more (clint eastwood wood, Gian Maria Volonte, Lee van cleef) all badasses, beats any hollywood western ever made.
- moonraker (Bond is space firing ray guns say no more)
- planet of apes (original...Times wipe out everthing you know. no taxman in future just crazy apes with guns)
- starwars original (not much needs to be said other than throw rest after in bin)
- The mechanic (both original and latest remake both great)
- Death wish 3 (using anti aircraft machine gun on gang gotta respect that)
- Lawnmower man ( A intellectually disable man experimented on in artifical enhancement of intelligence becomes a God)
- Dune ( because of its trippy epic space story)
- Generations ( Captain kirk dies and only his wig survived)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gramps007

Okay, I wanna play.

Good Fellas
Pulp Fiction
Forrest Gump
Natural Born Killers
Walk the Line
Ray
Talladega Nights
Being John Malkovich
Super Bad
Something About Mary
Magnolia
Crash

UM Scratch Mary and SuperBad----Insert Boogie Nights and Fargo

reply to post by blupblup

HEY
BLUBLUB!!! That's not fair!!!

I love soo many of the movies you mentioned. I got a kick out of seeing Little Miss Sunshine on that list

Cool picks

edit on 28-12-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join