It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I think atheist are better than christians

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69

Evolution is a religion not a science because it is based on theory.

Evolution is not a religion as there is no diety to worship, religion's cornerstone is God. Also, religion is not based on a theory, it's based on stories written by man in a book. At least that's what I think

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Self-ownage is always the most satisfying kind...for those watching.

Good work, OP. Good work.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DumbTopSecretWriters

OP, is that your video, that you made. Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of it. But, is that you, Dumb(asf**ck)topsecretwriter?
edit on 7-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

So many religions abound throughout the world, and each has developed a method to explain the concept of love and understanding of an ultimate creator of the universe. While my problems with religion are endless, I cannot deny that when standing back and taking them all in, there is no denying an underlying beauty at what is being attempted, the core of each movement if you will.
For me, being an Atheist means choosing to believe that the universe and all it entails has not been created by a higher force, if you will. The problem with atheists, however, is that they have begun to fall into the same trap of announcing an ultimate knowledge. Ranging from fundamentalist styled groups that swear there is no God, to fringe beliefs that simply all the religions of the world are wrong.
Personally, I believe an Atheist is someone who has chosen to admit that, at this point in time, nobody on Earth can know for absolute sure of how the universe came to be. It is a fair platform to work from, because it means that there is room for new discoveries to be absorbed and new understandings to grow. What happens when a person dies? Only the person who dies knows. That is the only truth that I feel can be held for certain. Dying and coming back does not count - coming back on an operating table or revived outside of a hospital means you have not died. Death means you will no longer be alive at all.
Most religions do not invite any knowledge that can change the faith on which it is based. It is a closed circuit. Atheism should be an open circuit, constantly in pursuit of further understandings of those things we do not know. Unfortunately, atheism has become another religion with a different uniform, a closed circuit not willing to explore further knowledge and understanding. Religious or not, if a person tells me they know for certain what happens after death and how the universe was created, they are not telling the truth. The truth is we don't know. An atheist should defend our right to admit this. Any other approach, and it's just another group level ego wanting to be better than the next group.
The search for answers is a quest of beauty and understanding. Can there ever be a concept more majestic? Let's not close any doors while we continue on this quest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join