It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I think atheist are better than christians

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DumbTopSecretWriters

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters

It's not rocket science to know bro , a little investigation can bring results !!
First off: Don't call me 'bro'.

Secondly: You spent maybe 30 seconds creating this OP, yet you expect me to investigate, and watch a 10 minute video that I know absolutely nothing about? Why would I do that, when you have not even attempted to make it seem interesting?

[color=FFF675]People are people, regardless of whether or not they believe in fairy tales.

[color=FFF675]Some atheists are geniuses, just as some Christians actually are too. Some Christians are idiots, just as there are also some extremely ignorant Atheists, as you have so blatantly displayed.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

It is not about heaven or hell if read the post you would have read that it is about living In the Spirit and abiding with the Father here and now.Just face, you are living for nothing cause in the end you have science and thus emptyness. I am not self-righteous Because it is not in what I do or could do, but is in what Jesus Christ did for me. With his sacrifice he washed my heart clean and placed the love of GOD in my Heart. So now I walk in newness of life. I pray you will understand oneday, if not then you are responsible for your own descisions.
It is between you and GOD, not me,you, and GOD. Just you and GOD.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69

Just face, you are living for nothing cause in the end you have science and thus emptyness.

I'm not living for 'nothing' in the slightest. I have my family and the excellence of the world, that's all I need whereas you need more, you need divine belief even though you can only achieve that belief through blind faith, blind faith is fool's faith. It's really you who is living for nothing as you are basing your whole life on an afterlife in 'heaven' that is very likely not to exist. I hope you realise this one day (you pray for me and I'll hope for you eh'?
)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by 0rbital

What facts? the ones that ignore the laws that determine facts in a scientific manner?
Facts are irreputable and never change because they are facts. Evolution THEORY changes on a whim!

What facts? The genetic facts alone are enough to show evolution is real, would you like me to post some links and info e.c.t? Even if proof was staring you in the face your faith won't allow you to see it and I don't blame you directly for that.

I'm not religious yet I still wish you good will, so where does that goodwill come from if I'm not religious? People need heart, not religion.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

What genetic facts? Do I have the same DNA as an ameoba? Cause according to evolution that is where we came from.
There is no scientific facts ....just theories....Theories are unproven and can never be proven one way or the other. I accept facts, as in the laws of science. EG.. law of thermodynamics . However evolution is not nor ever will be a Law, cause there is no way to prove it.So it is a belief just as my belief in GOD.
You put your belief in man's wisdom. I put my belief in God's. However, my belief has turned into knowledge that only a christian can understand thru the fruits of the Spirit.
Oh by the way I have a future that is limitless.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

By the way there is more proof of GOD than evolution. Just look around you. Did all of this happen by random chance? How foolish.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Did all of this happen by random chance? How foolish.

Nope, it was evolution as I keep telling you. There's is much scientific, factual, documentation backing up the theory of evolution and again I admit it doesn't ''prove'' the theory but it all indicates it's real, where is your evidence that God is real? Do you just look around and think 'oh, god must be real because things exist and without a God nothing would exist'? How narrow minded. And you say I'm foolish? You have simply been brainwashed into belief and that's why to you it's real.

Could you explain to me why God gave men nipples at all? What was the idea for that little modification? Did he have a few spare bits of 'rib' left from Eve or whatever the story was and thought ''I know, I'll stick two blobs on their chests and call them nipples? Yeah, makes real sense that.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm not sucking up fools!...Like i said, little investigation will bring some staggering results.The amount of hate towards muslim in general at ats is "Astronomical" < - lol.

Majority, there are good hearted sincere christians around the world , but the minority Twooftards "here" trangresses with all bounds.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
strange, as a fully grown man if i said id found god, id be accepted into the christian community but if i said id found santa or the easter bunny id be locked in a padded cell

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Atheists crack me up. A belief in nothing is still a belief in something. It

An atheist is not someone who "doesnt believe in nothing". Thats more nihilism than atheism. Atheism just rejects the existence of god, or gods... or deities, whatever you want to call it (as opposed to theism).

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

atheists are better? watching wife swap the other night, an atheist women and a christian women swap. the atheist parents were so focused on getting their message out that they even had a broadcast booth in the house, left the kids wanting for attention. the christian kids were fine.

guess atheism is only better if you have no responsibilities?

never met an atheist who just couldn't keep his or her mouth shut and just let people believe what they want.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Only people with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ will the Kingdom of Heaven. Atheist, satanists, muslims, and other nonbelievers will burn in hell forever.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Evolution is widely accepted in the scientific community, because it fits their secular humanistic ideology. The evidence to support evolution is virtually nonexistent.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If evolution were true we would see new useful genetic information, be continually added to the genome by some unknown natural progress. That has never be observed and never will.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Standard Hit-n-Run Troll with stupid OP

"Why I think atheist are better than christians"
Let see shall we :
Athiests include the following.
1) Soldiers, covering this world in WormWood a.k.a DU (Depleted Uranium).
2) Arms dealers selling weapons of mass destruction to athiests.
3) Weapons manufacturers.
4) Politicians writing wars in blood ink.
5) Voters happy to 'kick ass' and 'turn Iran too glass'.
6) Crazy scientists with environmentally friendly scalar weaponary for population reduction.
7) Environmentalists that want people dead en masse.

Christians.
1) Law abiding tax payers that cannot even sell their own milk to friends next door.

Just sign-up and go to the middle east where all atheist soldiers will soon die in The Valley of Megiddo (Armageddon).

For some wierd reason, ALL Athiests are OBEYING the BIBLE and STARTING WW3. How very strange they all are.

Christians include the following:

1) I'm sorry but your logical here is entirely biased and you have clearly done ZERO, NADA, NONE, research into any of the stuff you are spouting.

In a U.S. Army survey taken in 1994, some 80 percent of the soldiers polled stated that they believed in God and had a specific religious preference. More than 100 religious denominations and faith groups were represented among soldiers, with Protestants and Roman Catholics constituting 85 percent of the total number. Chaplains from an equal number of separate denominations provided ministry for these soldiers.

So we can conclude your good christian, god-fearing friends are also the cause of dropping Depleted Uranium. (Not ruling out the possibility that some of might be Atheist, Jewish, Islamic etc)

2) Give me a single example of arms dealers specifically giving WMDs to Atheists and also not giving them to Theists. Please take your time. Because i'm sure if they gave it to any... it would be for profit not because they were atheist/theist.

3) How would you know this? have you done a survey on all Weapon Manufacturers on this subject? But lets do this logically. Considering the fact that the majority of US citizens are christian would it not be safe to assume that the majority of weapon manufacturers are also religious?

4) I'm pretty sure your little friend George W Bush was a Christian was he not? I wonder how you forgot this? Oh thats right bias...

5) I know as many (if not more due to the fact there are more christians in this world then there are atheists) christians would LOVE to see asses kicked and iran turned to glass.

6) What the F... Proof?

7) Proof please with evidence that that person was a atheist and that the majority of people who are enviromentalists are atheist and that they support the person/s who said that they want the people of the planet dead en masse.

1) Hmmm... i'd also like to see some proof that Atheists don't pay taxes. Also if you are a good Christian why dont you just give them the milk without asking for money? Too selfish I take it?

As an atheist, if one of my neighbours knocked on my door for a bottle of milk politely i would gladly give it them.
I'm doing it for myself right? To make me feel better about myself that i did something "good"?

reply to post by hanyak69

Atheists DO believe in stuff, we are not Nihilists. Atheists just don't believe in a god so why does this always get mistaken for Nihilism? We atheists have more than enough reasons to live for thank you very much. You think we don't feel love? if you do think we feel love then isn't that good enough to live for as an atheist? And laws are not based on christian fundementals. Christian fundementals are based on empathy. As are ours laws. Which people get morality from. Now people have different levels of empathy thus is why some countries laws differ. So if i was a true Atheist, which i am, laws STILL APPLY. It is probable the same amount of christians (probably more due to the fact that there are more christians than atheists) have lived as much (if not more) of a immoral life as me.

This does seem like a hint of a troll thread.

edit on 3-3-2012 by LetsBringIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
christian.. theres no proof of evolution

athiest....read a book or 2 numbnutts

christian..ok read some books, all the info is fabricated

athiest.... proove it

christian... well it says in the bible... blah...blah...blah

athiest..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

reply to post by 0rbital

What facts? the ones that ignore the laws that determine facts in a scientific manner?
Facts are irreputable and never change because they are facts. Evolution THEORY changes on a whim!

Who's the idiot who gave this a star? Come on, own up.

Evolution is a fact. It's proven, set in stone, the only things we're unsure of are how the bones of our ancestors and other long dead animals were pieced together. Like the iguanadon who had a spiky thumb for years until they found out the spike actually went on the end of the nose.

Creationism is just a theory that's quite laughable really.

"We don't know how things got to be how they are so we'll just say God did it. Adam and Eve were created first but err.....yeah, hold on a second, just gotta figure out how to explain that bacteria then amoebas, fish, lizards, dinosaurs and mammals all came along millions of years before the first homo sapiens made an appearance on the planet."

The theory of evolution only "changes on a whim" because unlike rigidity in religion which refuses to change regardless of facts, science and evolution is constantly being updated as new discoveries are made.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingPanzergrenadier
If evolution were true we would see new useful genetic information, be continually added to the genome by some unknown natural progress. That has never be observed and never will.

Actually most scientists ascribe to a religion of some kind (mostly Christianity).

Also, evolution doesn't work like that, it's a slow, gradual process and not an instant "flash, now you can fly" thing.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by KingPanzergrenadier

Actually most scientists ascribe to a religion of some kind (mostly Christianity).

Also, evolution doesn't work like that, it's a slow, gradual process and not an instant "flash, now you can fly" thing.

I can second that.

Many scientists that i know belief in god.

The whole Atheist vs Belief is a Pure american one anyway. Outside of america its a boring issue.

You belief, in god its fine
You dont, also fine

U get problems only with muslims and american atheists/Christians.

(in my experience so far at least)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Evolution is a religion not a science because it is based on theory. If you are going on true facts it cannot be proven either way just discussed. Even carbon dating is a farce and any scientist will tell you. Carbon dating is only accurate if a sample of carbon 14 is taken at the time of death. All else is speculation.
How do scientist come up with how old the world is?? They have a board of several scientists and one says the earth is 2 million years old (1960's) then they find out later that evolution could not happen in that time frame. 1970's= 1 billion, 1980's 200 billion, 1990's 3trillion years. I mean they treat years like the national debt.
Evolution is no more than a drugged out man's theory that is treated as scientific fact. How come we cannot replicate evolution? In science it has to stand up to scrutiny not emotion. To be considered fact, the same result must happen over and over with persistance. If it were fact we would all be exactly the same with only slight variations as in adaptation vs evolution. A man cannot come from a microscopic organism because DNA has to remain constant and an ameoba does not have our DNA in any way.
Evolution is at best a religion ( go worship your science god) at worst bad science..... or as we say on ATS ....the greatest HOAX ever perpetrated on the people of this planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join