It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't See Past The End Of Your Nose - Do Some Research Before Coming Up With A Conclusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I have spent the last few months reading a hell of a lot of theories about different things, and normally I will do the research I need to do to come up with a conclusion, as many well-respected members here do, but there are still a lot of threads that contain conclusions, and agreement on certain theories, which are obviously not researched properly.

Right now, I'd like to focus on the Music Industry side of things, using Lady Gaga as an example of spreading possible disinfo through lack of research, to be precise. Thread after thread, I see people claim that she is an Illuminati puppet, and that her videos and media appearances are all full of symbolism pertaining to the fact that she is nothing but a pawn, a propaganda piece, spreading the message of conformity and Globalism.

Now, I respect Gaga highly, and before you can scream "another Little Monster sheep," let me explain something. When Just Dance was first released, I thought of it as nothing more than just a catchy tune, same with Poker Face, and I wasn't really thinking about the Lady herself, just that she made some catchy tunes. However, when Paparazzi was released, and she had made her first "artistically" metaphorical video, I started to wonder about the Lady herself, learning that she was a grade-A student, who was highly intelligent and adept in high-quality classical music, including music theory (for those who STILL assume "dumb-blonde").

Fast forward to a couple of months ago, which is roughly 2 and a half to 3 years into her career, and I had been an avid fan of Gaga since Paparazzi. I had been reading lots of threads linking to the Vigilant Citizen website, which has very detailed reviews on the symbolism of not only her videos, but also her lyrics, and you can see how many would think she is part of an agenda to brainwash the people that listen to her music and watch her videos. I started to read these, and went through her videos and lyrics myself, and yes, there is a lot of symbolism, a lot of imagery, a lot of metaphors, so I started to wonder whether she really is just a pawn of the music industry.

Now, if you look closely at her own agenda, which she blatantly admits is an agenda, backed-up with her "Mother Monster Manifesto" from the Born This Way video, is that she wants to influence mankind. Apparently, that's a bad thing, and I agree, one person shouldn't really be pushing their beliefs onto other people. However, if you take a closer look at her message that she spreads through her music, you can see that her "agenda" isn't in line with a Globalist, or Illuminati agenda...

It is roughly agreed, that an Illuminati/NWO trait, is that everyone is to be sheep-like, they must conform, be easily-led and not really be capable of critical thinking, let alone not question authority. If this is what the symbolism in Gaga's music and videos is meaning, then whoever agrees with this, obviously hasn't objectively looked at every possibility, and instead chooses to shout "Illuminati !!"

Look closely at the lyrics of Born This Way, she is telling people that being different is the way to be, and that there's nothing wrong with it. Other songs promote being a rebel, and she has often said that if you have a revolutionary bone in your body, then it is your DUTY to create a revolution to change the world into a better place, where everybody is free to do whatever they want, and don't have to answer to anybody.

Now correct me if i'm wrong, but rebelling, loving everybody, being accepting, and promoting "being your own person" does not seem part of any Illuminati agenda. For those who scream "she uses that to get the gays on her side" ... I'm gay, and I certainly don't like her just because I can dance to her music and have someone I can follow as a gay icon, that's best left to Judy Garland

So, we have those that see the symbolism, the imagery. the metaphors. the supposed "Satanic" meanings of her songs and videos, and you have folk like me and many others on here, who say "good point, mind if I just check other possibilities first?" Looking at all the other possibilities, could it not just be a case of, she uses the symbolism on purpose, to gain attention to the music, so that others will hear the message and spread love, rather than hatred? Is it not possible that, being a big-wig in the music industry now, she has seen and heard many horrible things, and is using the symbolism to perhaps warn us of what is to come? Let's face it, she isn't the little dumb-ass rich girl that most conspiracy theorists like to make her out to be, she is pretty intelligent in how she has managed to become the most powerful celebrity in just over 2 years, through the use of extravegance, imagery, fashion and her ideals. Her lyrics are very poetically sound, if you take the time to dissect her entire repotoire.

She is either scum, or she is very smart in using all this symbolism to gain attention to her message to people to rebel against your authority figures, and be unique, rather than a sheep.

The point of this thread is basically this: When stating something, do not make a conclusion based on the evidence you have in front of you, there is always more evidence, which could end up swaying your opinion in the opposite way, and if you take the time to research a bit better, it helps stop the spread of disinfo, and this thread on Lady Gaga is an example. This is especially true of Iran threads, I haven't made my mind up about Iran yet, but there are certainly a lot that have, based on pure hearsay, rather than cold hard facts.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by domasio

Lady Gaga ...She is either scum, or she is very smart...

Scum.

Well, you asked.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I agree with you and say the same for most of what passes for "Conspiracy Theory" these days. A little research with a basis in basic science, geography, geology, meterology, astronomy, history... would clear up so many misunderstandings.

To push your point with music...any type of art and expression can be interpreted and misinterpreted... and misrepresented. Go back and look at Ozzy vs Marilyn Manson or Madonna vs Brittany Spears...it's all shock and entertainment. Creating a "buzz' is what it is all about. No matter what you think of Rush... his little "slut" comment is going to drive ratings for the next couple of weeks.

As far as using music to unite the world... the 1960's are probably the best examples and a close study of the lyrics from an NWO viewpoint could fill ATS for days. Imagine promoting tolerance, integration, "harmony", one world, counter culture, drug use, transcendance of conscience and traditional ideas.

Anybody here remember the commercialwith all the peoples of the world coming together on a snowy slope by candlelight..."I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony... it's the real thing, Coca Cola."

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by domasio

SHE'S NOT A NATURAL BLONDE SHE'S A NATURAL BRUNETTE

SO .... YEAH.

Now, I will go back and read the rest. *ahem*

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I like Lady GaGa, I enjoy her music and her message. I am not so fond of the shock tactics, but I understand artists want to bring attention to what they have to say. I seriously doubt she is being used by anyone, or that she is seeking to use. She mocks some of our most treasured conventions and that is needed and good. She seeks to bring those who are marginalized to a place of self-acceptance, another good thing. Only through those on the outside, can we truly see ourselves. imho

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

She seeks to bring those who are marginalized to a place of self-acceptance, another good thing.

If you need Gaga for personal acceptance, you are truly self-marginalized.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Seconal

I see your smack-down and raise you a judgement. Blessings friend

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Lady Gaga?

Really?

Your not kidding?

When I saw this thread title I was so interested to see what was said. Then once I realized the subject matter was some celebrity I was left with such a disappointed feeling. Of all the things written about on ATS, your biggest concern is Lady Gaga?

I fear for the future.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I understand that you're only using "Gaga" as an example. But since you've chosen that, that's what I'll address.

You don't find the true message in music by analysing just the lyrics and symbolism. Those are part and parcel, but you find the message by "interviewing" a group of her fans, and asking them questions. Then you ask them how her songs make them "feel". What do they envision or imagine when they listen to their favorite Gaga song? Then average their responses. The experiment can go as deep as one wants to take it. I have personally done this, and had some interesting results.

While I agree that reading and research is important to keep from being just another voice in the choir. The conclusions I reach may not be the same as yours. Does it mean I haven't done my research? No. I just see things from a different perspective.

You see your experience with Gaga as sufficient evidence for your conclusion. I would rather go beyond that, and build a tentative consensus. Which may, or may not, support your own conclusions.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

This "Gaga Thing" and all like it is because we are essentially a very infantile culture.

Anybody who thinks GAGA is pushing the world over the brink or saving the world from going over the brink is severely deluded about the nature of metastable systems.

I just blame this on sort of the childishness of our age. Look at Steven Hawking. Talk about an unlikely person to inspire groupies. I mean the man is a theoretical physicist who's seriously handicapped and barely comprehensible. But lord, by minions!

I meet so-called celebrities and the people who take themselves seriously are unbearable. This whole culture is a bunch of hype.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i dont know about the whole wellaware1 website about her but try with some reverse music on youtube listen to some john todd something just aint rite . her ees seem to change quite a bit from video to video just saying

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
yip about as switched on as a x-box in a amish home

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Lady Gaga?

Really?

Your not kidding?

When I saw this thread title I was so interested to see what was said. Then once I realized the subject matter was some celebrity I was left with such a disappointed feeling. Of all the things written about on ATS, your biggest concern is Lady Gaga?

I fear for the future.

This thread is not ABOUT Lady Gaga. It's about something as simple as, instead of seeing something and saying "Jesus, look at this guys, this means *blah blah blah* and we must do something!" people should also look at other pieces of evidence that goes against what they believe, to build a bigger picture that could actually dispute what they thought was correct. The Gaga/Illuminati argument is just an example of how there is evidence to the fact that maybe she is just using symbolism and obviousness to just bring attention to a message that is actually very good for society, to rebel against oppression, be yourself, don't give a # about things you can't change etc.

Not everybody does it, there are a lot of threads that come up on this site that are very inspirational in terms of the research that is done to make the thread, it's just that a lot of threads nowadays are pure one-liners, or at least just a statement without any source or evidence, and this should be discouraged. I'm not the first to point this out.

SHE'S NOT A NATURAL BLONDE

SHE'S A NATURAL BRUNETTE SO .... YEAH.

Now, I will go back and read the rest. *ahem*

I've been aware of this since the start

Others tend to use the "dumb-blonde" argument a lot though.

new topics

top topics

join