It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone had a positive experience with sleep paralysis?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I usually wake up in the morning and im in SP, this doesnt happen all the time though. I would say it is quite annoying.

Ive never really experienced any positives from it..
But theres this method of lucid dreaming thats called a WILD (Wake Induced Lucid dream). Im not expert but i think Its where you are totally awake and then you trick your body that your falling asleep and you will eventually go into SP.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but i believe that once your in SP then its easier to enter a lucid dream, you just have to practise and you will get better at it. I guess you could say thats a positive.

I've not tried this method of lucid dreaming yet because im only a noob and I've had 4 lucid dreams, so i stick with the DILD method.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
Have you had many episodes with SP ?

Many, many episodes. And none of them negative. Sure, none of them were positive either. Just neutral.

Originally posted by Realtruth
Yes, unfortunately I had a difficult time writing it down cause I couldn't move or wake up.

Sorry I couldn't help it.

Sleep paralysis does not bother me one bit, it's part of a precursor/stage of OBE's and astral travel. People just need to relax and let their fears go, then all experiences will be positive.

Hah! I appreciate the witticism.

Maybe that's why I've never had a negative experience with it. But all of my OBE's just involve my consciousness "walking around" trying to turn on the lights in my bedroom in order to wake my body up. Pretty bland. Haha.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ephio
I usually wake up in the morning and im in SP, this doesnt happen all the time though. I would say it is quite annoying.

Ive never really experienced any positives from it..

Yeah, I have that experience as well. I wake up with it in the mornings. It's mildly annoying. But it's not negative.

Sure, it's not positive either. But it's definitely not as scary as most sufferers say that it is. So I was curious if other people experienced it as just an inconvenience rather than a horror.
Heck, positive experiences with SP would be interesting to read as well!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
There's this site that got me into lucid dreaming called dream views, haven't been on in a bit though.
www.dreamviews.com...

It looks like its down at the moment, but im sure it will be back up soon hopefully. But anyway check that tomorrow or in a few days as it might be back up.

It has some really interesting stuff on it: Experiences with SP, OBE's, astral projection, dream sharing, lucid dreaming, meeting Dream guides and loads of other interesting things. There's also some tutorials on there too.

Anyway i hope thats up soon so you can take a look. There's Some awesome stuff on there.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
yeah i had one in that i saw a heart shaped balloon hovering at the ceiling next to my window. the balloon was printed with an "i love you" text. i even mentioned it in another sp post a few months ago.

smthn like that but larger, around 40 inches and lighter in color;

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

I would not refer to the experience as annoying but uncomfortable, because of the seemingly lack of control. On the other hand if you are classified the occurrence of the phenomenon as annoying, because it can not be predicted and expected, I agree.

I have had several episodes that it feels that something is dragging me down from my bed, like my feet were being pulled horizontally as I desperately attempted to awake and get hold of the bed and covers, the sense of speed was incredible. All my episodes of sleep paralysis have been the same and have been clustered (several days consecutively, even multiple times on the same "sleep", and then nothing, then they returned again), have had none for sometime now.

I did not find the experience annoying (after the first two I was quickly aware of what was happening, and at times even had an welcome expectation that it would repeat itself, so I could analyze further the limits of the experience). I can believe, from my own first experience that when not expected and understood the experience can be frightening, and I'm glad I had knowledge of SP previous to have experienced it, since it was like awakening into a weird and unknown situation.

My first time was rush, lots of adrenaline and my heart rate was extremely high, lots of transpiration and mental effort to get hold of what was happening to me, it was also the one that lasted the longest. I found out that if I enjoyed the experience, and did not fight or engage it, it would soon end, that the more you believed the experience the deeper you would go into it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I actually have been looking for a thread like this since I started following this forum. If anybody is still interested in this thread, I have a couple of stories involving sleep paralysis (I have never been really afraid or thought of any of these experiences as "negative" - in fact, I was REALLY excited and happy to have all of my experiences involving sleep paralysis). The first 3 of my adult life were basically just peaceful bouts of being frozen during the daylight hours between 8am and 10am after an intense dream (the ones in my preteen life were boring, just being frozen in place for a few min before regaining control). Then came a life-changing experience with what I can only describe as a traditional "succubus" (nothing graphic in the story despite the usual stereotypes for encounters of this type - it was almost as if I caught it "in the act" before anything really got started). Strangely enough, I was able to "roll it off" with either my physical, astral, dream, or soul body. Really strange experience. I also had a traditional alien "Grey" grab my face with it's hand during my next sleep paralysis episode, but by this time I had learned to "roll out" of my body and do the whole "astral projection" thing, thus I kind of escaped before anything happened. I personally can't say whether these were caused solely by my mind, or it there was something external acting on me, but I sure know it felt as real as anything I have felt in my physical body. I can go into depth about these stories if anyone's interested. They are gonna be quite long, but seeing as they are VERY fresh in my memory (happened during October and December of 2011), and since I want to learn as much as I can about my personal experiences, I can provide any details that are asked. I have just always been curious as to what other people have experienced, whether their experiences match up with mine, and if other people think that they are internal, or external.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

That makes me wonder if for some reason there are some things in our realities that include that. I rarely have nice dreams either. Always nightmares but that I am used to.

I wonder if .. sounds kooky.. but I wonder if certain things can indeed attach themselves to us in life, and only when we're so close to being unconscious can we feel them..

I dunno, I always feel a presence.

I once went into SP and felt a presence laying on my chest. It felt just like my dog, heavy and warm. It was very distressing, but I knew it was what it was, and let it happen.

When I managed to wake up, I went to the bathroom, and my dog was laying at the foot of my door. She never did that, she always lay in her own at the end of the hall..

Made me ponder it for a while, but as usual, the idea left me.

My old pooch was always very affectionate and protective... I do wonder if she noticed my discomfort or if it was something else, and she was being protective..

Never know I guess, But all of my 'beings' in this state have either ill intent by how I feel, or are certainly not there for my pleasure...

Ahh but I still do enjoy the experience, I cannot say it is bad.. but an experience.

Perhaps thats just me.. but I know I'd rather have pleasant and wonderful experiences than some of the things I could put to paper. lol, oh what a book that would be.

edit on 6-3-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I have been partially levitated off my bed during sleep paralysis,i have been attacked by demonic beings during sleep paralysis and i have had my body touched and caressed by angelic entities during sleep paralysis...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89
I've never had a negative experience with it. It freaks you out for a few moments, but that's about it. Certainly nothing like what some people claim to experience. I'm surprised it leaves them feeling so emotionally shattered. It feels like your heart is beating out of your chest sometimes, it feels like you can't breath, but other than that, it's fine. I've only had one experience where it felt like there was a presence, and it was when I wasn't fully conscious, the other times I've been completely alone.

I have had about 3 episodes of it, last night was the latest and the only time I ever noticed anything dark or something there. This time it didn't last as long as last time.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamsession
yeah i had one in that i saw a heart shaped balloon hovering at the ceiling next to my window. the balloon was printed with an "i love you" text. i even mentioned it in another sp post a few months ago.

smthn like that but larger, around 40 inches and lighter in color;

That's no SP that's '___'!

To the topic, I think some here confuse Sleep paralysis with something else. Because I haven't met one person who experienced real SP and didn't find this negative

ETA: My SPs also were never positive
edit on 6-3-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

i don't do drugs. i've been xperiencing sp on and off since childhood and this one was the only positive occasion so far.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamsession
reply to post by Hellas

i don't do drugs. i've been xperiencing sp on and off since childhood and this one was the only positive occasion so far.

C'mon I was being funny.. But seeing balloons is not really the typical SP experience

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

well i've seen a wide variety of shapes and stuff incl. an alien like dude standing in the middle of the room, door being opened and slammed shut (it was not real of course), candle light, and the balloon where i was amazed and thought jus wow, finally something uplifting once in a lifetime heheh
these are hallucinations tho.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Okay I have experienced SP before, it feels like you cant move, and sometimes, I am assuming because you mind is not in full control, it feels wierd.

Anyways to the positive, one time I woke and couldn't move, or half-woke or whatever, anyways, at first I was worried then I was like F this and started to try and make my arms move. I got angry and was telling myself
to Move.

Anyways, I ended up muscling my way out of the SP. Just pure willpower. Now I know I can do that, and SP doesnt worry me anymore.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Can't say it's ever really been positive. Surreal maybe, but not positive.

I've had dark figures standing over me and watching me, a growling dog biting my head, loud noises in the walls and a very uncomfortable feeling of approaching doom. Often feel like i'm surrounded by static noise.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Looks like everyone here has sleep paralysis, while I am still struggling to get it! but I haven't succeeded yet. I think it's because of my strict sleep pattern, I never take naps and I always go to bed at around 11PM.
But thanks for making this thread, reading all these stories, seems like I am still at lvl 1 for having an OBE

I won't give up though.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
Looks like everyone here has sleep paralysis, while I am still struggling to get it! but I haven't succeeded yet. I think it's because of my strict sleep pattern, I never take naps and I always go to bed at around 11PM.
But thanks for making this thread, reading all these stories, seems like I am still at lvl 1 for having an OBE

I won't give up though.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

I don't think that is something that you can get by trying, dude...

It's not like I was lying in Bed, hoping to get freaked out by something

To me, at the beginning (I was 13) that was really some really creepy stuff. I got used to it, because this kept going for many years. I think my last one was like 10 years ago, if I remember.

Like I said I don't see this being something you can get because you want to. It get's you! And then you'll wish you never asked for it...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Sleep paralysis is the state known as Focus 10 in the Monroe Institute literature on the subject of OBEs. Mind awake, body asleep. Their Hemisync program is supposed to train you to be able to enter that state in order to get out of body. Other techniques put forward in the Lucidology 101 program claim to allow you to enter the same state. I'd say it's very difficult to induce it, but it's what most practitioners these days suggest. It's possible to have sleep paralysis without the negative hypnagogic hallucinations, too.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89
reply to post by Hellas

Sleep paralysis is the state known as Focus 10 in the Monroe Institute literature on the subject of OBEs. Mind awake, body asleep. Their Hemisync program is supposed to train you to be able to enter that state in order to get out of body. Other techniques put forward in the Lucidology 101 program claim to allow you to enter the same state. I'd say it's very difficult to induce it, but it's what most practitioners these days suggest. It's possible to have sleep paralysis without the negative hypnagogic hallucinations, too.

I hear ya! But let me ask you this. How could somebody, that is just lying in bed without even thinking of OBEs etc. have an OBE? I understand that you have to physically try to get in this state.

Every 'typical' sleep paralysis, happens without the 'victims' wanting that to happen. Plus they experience the same stuff. Something evil being in the room, being watched etc.

But thanks for your insight!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join