It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death or life sentance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ok your a murderer you knocked off a poor old shop keeper in cold blood. So what would you want life in prison , thats life not twenty five years i mean until you die without bail. Would you choose life in prison or death. Me i'd die. If you choose death then an electric chair or lethal injecton.

Is it right to have a death penalty at all ending one life wont bring back another so why do it and it obviously dosent put too many people off murder because it still happens but in England "TAllY HO" ect birth of the best comedys in the world there are i am quite sure less murders than america, who do use the death penalty. Of course maybe thats because Englands smaller.
:bash:

[Edited on 20-9-2004 by shorty]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Unless you have been in prison, how can you make a desion? Jail for acouple of days dont count. There is a huge diffrence between Jail and prison.

I would pic death, But for me to do something like this I would know going in, I was going to come out alive and free, or not at all.

[Edited on 20-9-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
True i havn't been in prison but i know that it takes some freedom if not all and i prize my freedom and my guitar ok and my family above all else. Thats why im Anti-NWO.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
True i havn't been in prison but i know that it takes some freedom if

ALL FREEDOMS! Period. You are told when you can eat, #, and sleep.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have to agree with SC. If I was going to do something that I may be caught and imprissoned for, they would not take me alive.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So what you'd commit suicide or just get a cop to shoot you. Is there really any point in the death sentence though.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

So what you'd commit suicide or just get a cop to shoot you. Is there really any point in the death sentence though.

A cop shooting you is Suicide. Suicide by force.

It is what it is. I can never live without freedom EVERY again. If you cant tell, I believe in this, like most believe in GOD.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I disagree forced suicide is murder plain and simple suicide implys done by you your self and i guess we could go through word games like because you caused the cop to shoot you in the first place it is self inflicked but that is not the case.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I disagree forced suicide is murder plain and simple suicide implys done by you your self and i guess we could go through word games like because you caused the cop to shoot you in the first place it is self inflicked but that is not the case.

If you jumped in front of a train, is it suicide or did the locomotive have it out for you?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You point a gun at a cop, YOU know he is going to shoot you.

[Edited on 20-9-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Two differant circumsrances and what about England the cop dont have gun just big plastic sticks.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Two differant circumsrances and what about England the cop dont have gun just big plastic sticks.

I live in america, so I cant see myself getting into trouble in England.

Does England have a form of SWAT? If so, they Have guns.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
They do have a form of S.W.A.T but you know after awhile your get used to life in prison you may not like it but you would get used to it. School was like prison your told when to eat what you can and cant do and theres always a lud of hard asses that want to put your head down a carsie.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

They do have a form of S.W.A.T but you know after awhile your get used to life in prison you may not like it but you would get used to it. School was like prison your told when to eat what you can and cant do and theres always a lud of hard asses that want to put your head down a carsie.

Your right in everything you say here. If you want to live that way, by all means feel free. I will not.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

. Me i'd die. If you choose death then an electric chair or lethal injecton.

i would rather die than spend life in prison like i said unless there was a chance of reprieve

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Actually they call it "suicide by cop" when a fugitive comes out shooting because he knows he'll be taken out and not have to do it himself, so it is a form of suicide in that one is causing one's own death.

I'd do the time simply because there is a chance for law to change or some legal hocus pocus could come about and end up in a reduced sentence or freedom. But there's also the consideration of my mother. I think she'd rather visit me in the pen than at the boneyard. As long as she's alive I'd have to take a shot at staying alive myself. Beyond that, I couldn't say.

I support the death penalty, but unfortunately the system is a wreck and innocent people are getting tagged for the injection. I would go more for "smoking gun" death penalty, like for Dahmer and Bundy and such. People who are rock-solid guilty. If there's even a shadow of doubt or hinkiness, it should not be an option. The sentence is solid, the system responsible for dishing it out is badly flawed.

D

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too big on prison. Playing husbands and wives with Big Bob the Hairy Biker, in the first night of prison doesn't sound that great.

top topics

join