It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights in Vegas sky 3/2/12 right now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Very weird indeed.I was anticipating the video so thanks for posting.By the way I did my dishes while waiting so double thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Theres no need for flames. Sweet vid. This is cool, its like we're all watching this together right now. So are these lights appearing to be somewhat stationary, just chillin in a general vicinity? From the video it looks like one of them changes into a blueish color? Looks sweet. Are they still there? If so, don't stop rolling the cameras, you'll upload later

It looks like one craft may be triangular? It's in the lower left hand corner of the video, very beginning.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

the bottom left hand corner is a combo of a street lamp, a house light and something else...

i did notice a change in color of the objects i filmed.... they were chilling for a while, then moved to my right, then back to my left and back to the right over a period of about 10 minutes

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I gotcha, I thought you were filming from inside. Do what ya can man, no worries

nope, i purposely went on my balcony because when i see someone elses vid, the first thing i make sure is im not looking at some reflection in a window

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

yeah I was thinking do I see a triangle or street lights? And why is he not focusing on it?

Street lights it is. The other lights you saw, they were changing colors? Did you decide those were planes or still unknown?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

crap. I don't know how. Never posted a video to youtube either. Maybe a mod can help us out? I understand the quality may not be perfect, but a video perspective might help us identify what they could be, or at the very least allow the vultures something to shred to pieces in scrutiny.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. And I'm sorry about my lack of experience with such things. The only videos I've ever posted on ats were youtube links. Never uploaded or shared a video on my ats account, or any other account for that matter.

apologies bknapple32 and members.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

yeah I was thinking do I see a triangle or street lights? And why is he not focusing on it?

Street lights it is. The other lights you saw, they were changing colors? Did you decide those were planes or still unknown?

those were def not planes.. the ones im seeing now seem to most definitely be planes... the difference is the planes are slowy going in one direction one at a time every 10 or 15 minutes or so as normal with the same beacon lights im used to... what i filmed, and what i saw that i did not capture, imho werent commercial aircraft.... still up in the air as to possibly being tests from nellis or area 51.. i just havent seen test flights like this in public eye before in my 8 years in vegas...

what stood out at first was the sheer number of lights.. it started out with 7 or 8... that caught my eye and then i started thinking about getting a camera

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Ok. I have 3 questions:

What are the nearest major cross streets from where you are filming this? (trying to figure out the location of these lights in reference to something)

Which direction are you facing when you are filming this?

Do you have a pet pig?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Ok. I have 3 questions:

What are the nearest major cross streets from where you are filming this? (trying to figure out the location of these lights in reference to something)

Which direction are you facing when you are filming this?

Do you have a pet pig?

Im on charleston and durango inside the NW corner....

Facing directly north

Its our new pug, yoshi

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
more questions:

We are not looking at the light to the left at the beginning, but the lights that appear blue and white on the video that keep appearing and dissapearing, right?

Did they look that color to you when you were looking at them?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Facing directly north

Its our new pug, yoshi

So these lights are far north of Vegas outside of town, then. And not over Nellis at all, correct?

Yoshi makes some interesting sounds. Pugs are fun.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

more questions:

We are not looking at the light to the left at the beginning, but the lights that appear blue and white on the video that keep appearing and dissapearing, right?

Did they look that color to you when you were looking at them?

No the lights on the bottom left are a combo of a street lamp, house light and something else I cant really identify, perhaps a second house light.... ive looked outside again to confirm and can only see two distinguishable lights in that section.. But I can assure you, those were not flying in the air lol..

the lights appeared blue and white and then some of them turned into an orange color

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Facing directly north

Its our new pug, yoshi

So these lights are far north of Vegas outside of town, then. And not over Nellis at all, correct?

Yoshi makes some interesting sounds. Pugs are fun.

From what I remember, Nellis is more to the north north east, but that doesnt mean they cant be flying around i suppose...

what gets me is the lights seemed to first appear north west. and they dont seem to approach form the nw, they just appeared.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

People who have not been to Vegas really do not know how many planes Vegas sees every day and every night.

In 2010, McCarran ranked 22nd in the world for passenger traffic, with 39,757,359 passengers passing through the terminal.[5] The airport ranked 9th in the world for aircraft movements with 505,591 takeoffs and landings.
en.wikipedia.org...

And this does not include the number of planes flying in and out of North Las Vegas Airport, Voc Tech Airport, and Nellis Air Force Base.

People in Las Vegas know what airplanes look like. Hell, they even have a blimp or two flying around often.

But, it's the stuff like this that confuses people watching the skies that live in Las Vegas:

edit on 3-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by clclhlje

You've got a lot of posts to go before you can do that- meanwhile I am curious- just where was this? What road? Going in what direction?

(sorry for the detour, OP, I'm following your story carefully too)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Yea exactly, its hard to tell someone " trust me i know what a plane looks like" cause duh we all do. But it really is harder for me to be mistaken as i see planes day in and day out. add to that ive seen plenty of non conventional aircraft as ive camped out to watch a few red flag exercises .. tonight was different.
edit on 3-3-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
reply to post by clclhlje

You've got a lot of posts to go before you can do that- meanwhile I am curious- just where was this? What road? Going in what direction?

(sorry for the detour, OP, I'm following your story carefully too)

look up a few posts... charleston and durango...

i was facing north..

no worries about the detour, i scrutinize plenty of other peoples video posts on this board, so i wont be a hypocrite and get mad if people want to double check every detail they need

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Nellis flight patterns do not usually take them out north west or in that trajectory. Red flag flies north then west to the range. Also not usually that low to the horizon, either. not over public land anyways, unless landing or taking off they try to minimize flights over residential, commercial, industrial places. Flights coming in from up range usually come from the north northeast, flights returning from the northeast, sorta parallel with the length of sunset mountain. Not from where you have indicated. Unless coming from or going to another base somewhere else, but still never that low to the ground.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Nellis flight patterns do not usually take them out north west or in that trajectory. Red flag flies north then west to the range. Also not usually that low to the horizon, either. not over public land anyways, unless landing or taking off they try to minimize flights over residential, commercial, industrial places. Flights coming in from up range usually come from the north northeast, flights returning from the northeast, sorta parallel with the length of sunset mountain. Not from where you have indicated. Unless coming from or going to another base somewhere else, but still never that low to the ground.

So what are you thinking??? Im honestly confused. I do NOT want to classify this as something other than military until everything is ruled out... Any chance we can get a vid expert that i can email the vid to and they can dissect it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

look up a few posts... charleston and durango...

i was facing north..

no worries about the detour, i scrutinize plenty of other peoples video posts on this board, so i wont be a hypocrite and get mad if people want to double check every detail they need

Sorry I wrote those questions to the person who saw the strange convoy in Chino Hills. My parents live by there and I was interested in having them take a look. The person that posted that doesn't have enough posts to start their own thread, so I went off topic.

But the sound of your dogs is kinda freaky

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Nice post OP. Immediately after seeing your topic creation I texted my buddy in LV. Luckily it was just past midnight there, and he was still awake. He didn't see anything like in your video, but he said he's seen them in the past.

Cool video, I really enjoy seeing stuff like this, assuming its something non-mundane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join