It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cymatic Experiments - Harmonics - Atomic Alignment - Sacred Geometry - Nature's Art

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hey everyone, this video shows various experimentation on sand using different frequencies of sound. Patterns emerge based on the sound, the higher the frequency, the more elaborate they become, and the results can be repeated. I want to leave this in the realm of science for now, but there is much to be said about eastern philosophy and its knowledge on this subject.

If you just want to see something cool, fast forward to 4:00 and watch from there

edit on 3-3-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
fascinating! One of the more interesting things I've see on ATS!

SNF

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I really couldn't believe my eyes, how..... organized, it's like looking at the complexity of a flower for the first time and wondering how it could be so utterly perfect!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This is direct evidence of the universe being of a vibrational nature.

Note how the higher the frequency the more intricate the pattern...

Note the symmetry...

Compare this to the tests done with written words and the molecular structure of water, done by Japanese scientist Masaru Emoto.

This shows us that notions of good and of love resonate at higher frequencies, and create beautiful, intricate and symmetrical designs. While negative and hateful messages create ugly, scrambled images in the structure.

files.witnessthis.co.za..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

This is a symbol of how our thoughts, our attitudes, and our outlook effects our being. This is a teacher, friends. This is how we should practice.

Just seeing these images reminds me of course of many crop circles... They comfort the dark corners of our souls... speaking to the connectedness. The art of existence.

Cymatics is (I believe) one of those discoveries which will serve as an enlightenment for mankind. Its so simple, so PROFOUND... it cannot be ignored.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: ...

edit on 3-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: ...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I couldn't agree more, the higher the frequency, the more intricate and complex the pattern. What that implies I dont really know. According to Yoga philosophy, this all makes sense, the lowest energy center associated with our primal insticts and desire is the lowest colour in regards to frequency, it is also at the bottom of our spine. There is a pattern the higher the frequency of colour, the higher the sound associated with it, the more complex the shape...etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I wanted to add I agree this will lead to advances both of the psyche (therapy, rehabilitation) as well as on science. Imagine these patterns are being created 2 dimensionally, when we are recreating them in 3 dimensions, they will reveal even more about the universe. If you are interested in sacred geometry, you might enjoy this dude.

Quoting myself from another thread- blurring the line between spirit and science

Originally posted by el1jah

Some background on Nassim- He is a self taught physicist, he has created various theories based on mathematics and sacred geometry, he claims to have an equation that accounts for 'dark mater'. He believes at the center of every atom, every person, and every planet, is a black hole. These black holes connect to other things, and aliens use the planet and the sun to travel around the universe through the black holes in the center. I really love listening to his lectures, but I try to take what he says with a grain of salt since his reputation is so so and his followers a little 'cultish'. Listen to the lecture I put at the bottom, it covers everything from sacred geometry, to ufos, to aliens, to ancient civilizations, to the arc of the covenant, to the knights templar, to modern vatican conspiracy. Great stuff and he does make remarkable connections between different fields of thought.

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It is this kind of teaching which Buddha and Jesus, as well as others have given us. The kind which is so profound, so SIMPLE... that it can be recognized and applied by everyone, regardless of education and critical thinking abilities, and is found in every aspect of life.

edit on 3-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

The patterns become more complex because the nodes ("peaks") of the wavelength are closer together, therefore they interact at closer intervals than lower frequencies, which results in the smaller details being formed. No different in principle than upping the DPI on a printer.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Faraday waves. Non linear standing wave interference patterns. Not quite as mystical sounding but still very interesting. Fluid dynamicists love 'em. Unlike Haramein, real scientists make predictions about their theories and test them.

A cascade of surface wave patterns with increasing rotational symmetry ranging from simple square to tenfold quasiperiodic is observed for Faraday waves. The experiment concerns the excitation of subharmonic standing surface waves by oscillating vertical acceleration. Our observation agrees with the prediction of a recent theory. By presenting these predictions in a dimensionless form, we illustrate the genericity of this phenomenon and emphasize the very favorable agreement with experiment.

alexandria.tue.nl...

Here's a nice computer model.

Example of an approximate quasipattern in a periodically forced PDE. Spatial Fourier transforms of quasipatterns observed in Faraday wave experiments suggest that the patterns are well represented by the sum of 8, 10 or 12 Fourier modes with wavevectors equally spaced around a circle. However, nonlinear interactions between these wavevectors generate new modes that come arbitrarily close to the original 8, 10 or 12 wavevectors, which leads to complications in the theory for these patterns.

www1.maths.leeds.ac.uk...

edit on 3/3/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Yeah I understand that, but how about the shapes and patterns that appear, why do you think it is so inconstant from one frequency to the next?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Is this image happening in 3d? I am having trouble visualizing it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

It does sort of bother the eyes. Some other colors might have been better.
I don't know if that's a three dimensional model but such have been constructed.
www.pmmh.espci.fr...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Is this similar to the way particles can behave as solids AND form wave interference patterns depending on whether or now they are being observed?

In case the vid wont work its Dr. Quantum from What the Bleep do We know (youtube)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Because with every frequency, there are sympathetic frequencies that are called harmonics. Every "note" has it's own set of harmonics, which interact with eachother differently. This can be illustrated by playing the first 5 notes on a guitar and noticing the differences in resonance. Some notes will sound "louder" than others, even though they are being played at the same volume. This is because the harmonic relationships in those notes are stronger, therefore the resonance follows suit. Everything is connected, that's what I love about this topic. I play the guitar quite a bit (been playing for 10 yrs now) and it has always made me almost giddy to find new relationships and new harmonics to wring out of it. The same applies towards cymatics. If you think it's cool with just a plain sine wave, try playing a fifth harmony with an added octave (come to think of it, I wonder what it would do with just an octave harmony playing) through the same device, or even minor/major thirds. I think that would definately be worth seeing, although I'm pretty sure the minor third would just throw sand all over the place lol. It's a pretty dissonant harmony.The thing that might really bake your noodle is it's never just one frequency going at it. It's all these different frequencies that have special relationships with eachother intermingling and building off of eachother, to create something that is greater than the sum of it's parts. This is why I love music so much. One can play the guitar, for instance, their whole lives and never learn every nuance of the instrument (for instance you can play the same note in a different place on the neck and it will still be the same note, but with different qualities), but I digress lol. That's why I think frequencies are so fascinating, because literally everything you see and don't see is composed of different relationships between frequencies, from the neutron, all the way up to the Eagle Nebula.
edit on 3/3/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Since we are not talking about electromagnetic radiation here, no, it's not the same. Except that interference patterns are created. The only thing going on here is acoustical (mechanical) waves bumping into each other in very complex ways.

edit on 3/3/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree, there is no real saying that the vibration of the plate should be considered the "observer"... and I admit- i saw "wave interference pattern" and thought "oh quantum physics!, haha"

But, if sand or salt or what have you... appears static and to the observer without any vibration on a macro-level (of course it is popping in and out and vibrating like crazy on a atomic level, which we cannot see and which is "hidden" from us when we observe it)... but takes on various and increasingly intricate forms of geometry which inherently "please" the observer when frequencies are applied on the macro-level... Is it not within reason to see Cymatics as a large scale model for the effect the "frequency of consciousness" has on atomic-level particles?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

they're pleasing because humans look for, and love, patterns.

as the frequency increases, the amount of interference increases, hence the increased complexity. the grains of sand bounce around until they land on an area where two or more waves negate each other. once they land in a still zone, they don't bounce anymore unless you change the frequency, which changes the interference pattern.

these particles are not static, they're very dynamic. technically i believe they would be considered a granular gas when they're being excited by the vibrations.

edit on 3-3-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

they're pleasing because humans look for, and love, patterns.

these particles are not static, they're very dynamic. technically i believe they would be considered a granular gas when they're being excited by the vibrations.

edit on 3-3-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

Line 1: agreed... but I wonder why we have evolved this tendancy. is it shared in the rest of the animal kingdom?

Line 2: Exactly my point. Here we have a solid matter behaving as a liquid. Which is precisely what is shown in the particle "firing through slits" experiment.

We have a pretty advanced understanding of how frequency effects matter in a straigh forward macro-level. However, our understanding of consciousness and of its effects on atomic particles is not so advanced... in fact it's still in the realm of mystery at this point in time. What is clear is that it certainly does have some effect.

I am only pointing out that perhaps applying this similarity to the question of "what is consciousness" may serve as an aid to answering that question. Perhaps the laws and tendencies of Cymatics can be shrunken down and adapted to the quantum-level and possibly point to some sort of methodical understanding of it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Exactly my point. Here we have a solid matter behaving as a liquid. Which is precisely what is shown in the particle "firing through slits" experiment.

no, not really. the water is just used to demonstrate how waves cancel out, the particle-wave duality of matter and the uncertainty principle only really happen at sub-sub atomic scales. there is no measurable or observable uncertainty in the position of the grains of sand.

did you perhaps watch the documentary "what the bleep do we know?" because it takes quantum mechanics and puts a new age spin on the concepts that don't reflect reality.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Psalm 33:9 "For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm."

furthermore, Hebrews 11:3 "By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible."

And so we come to understand, that The Lord spoke the universe into existence with the harmonious voices only he will be able to comprehend.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join