It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eliminate Income Tax... Instate 25% National Sales Tax. Problem Solved!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Canadian here, so I'm used to paying 15% taxes, sure it's a lot but I think it makes more sense to be taxed on what I buy then what I work no?

I would put income taxes illegal and enforce sales taxes, you can't say nothing against sales taxes because it is 100% fair, that is if there is no loop-hole for them.
At the moment, the middle class pays the highest % of the income tax, why should they? No one should pay higher % in taxes for any reason. Having a constant sales taxes makes it fair for everyone.

Instated with no loop holes and no deductibles, a constant sale tax is a much better idea then the current income tax. Nothing to do with salary, it only comes down with what you consume.

Although 25% is excessive...

How about we put this tax on trading and buying bonds that are not in the investor's country?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Of course we have to consider that a high sales tax could really hurt the U.S. tourism economy. It would hardly be affordable for people to visit the U.S. Unless there was some special provision for non-U.S. citizens on tourism visas..etc. where they wouldn't have to pay the full tax if they show their passport or something.. idk.

Or perhaps a different method would be for tourists to keep all the receipts from their purchases in the U.S. and present them to some special government worker at the airports or borders and they get money refunded.. that would actually be better as it would make it harder for people to take advantage of, or fake it.
edit on 3/3/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Fair Tax people and Flat tax people push the concept because they are either, ignorant sheep people or they have lots of $$$.

A “Fair Tax” which is anything but fair, it places more of the tax burden on the poor, working, and middle classes, because they spend most of there income. The rich would be allowed to pay 0% on anything they didn’t spend, which is most of their income.

How people think a tax like this would help the economy is beyond me. It would cause the price of everything to go up 25%. Spending would surely go down and the economy would dive.

I like Ron Paul’s take on income taxes. Let’s go back to pre 1913 days when there was no Federal Reserve the country needed to pay interest to and no need for a income tax at all.

Please people wake the f—k up.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't file income tax period, I will never obey an unconstitutional law. :

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KingPanzergrenadier

I actually make it a point in life to strive not to be arrested.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The states would also want part of this 25% , or the states will charge their own tax in addition to the 25 percent, this would make everything expensive.

I propose A Tax Amnesty for past due taxes or taxes not filed at all. ( General Public Personal income Tax)

Just pay the amount you owe on past due taxes or non filed taxes, and pay the amount due. No penalties at all period, nada, nothing. Those that have payment plans in effected with IRS should be given the Amnesty as to only the point of the amount that was originally due., Refund the over payment amount back to them. Set up a small payment plan for those whom cannot pay immediately , but only for the amount that is due. no penalties at all.

make Tax Amnesty a certain amount of time, but with in reason. 8 , maybe 10 months for Federal and State taxes.

What this does.

Encourages people to file and pay there past due taxes.
Encourages people to pay any tax they owed in the past, if filed.
puts money back into the economy immediately. ( the amounts you would have paid in fines interest etc.)

In addition:

In addition people wishing to start up a business in this wrecked economy should be given status. No tax on equipment federal or state, but only for small business start ups.

Close the Biggest loop hole of all. ( Large Corporations Start Paying State Income Taxes )
All corporations i.e. WalMart, Target, Sears etc. operating in states where they pay no income tax in the states they conducts sales. Why I suggest this is because the small business are required to pay the state(s) income tax and not the largest corporations,( Not Fair) Right now the state(s) are riding on backs of small business and they are going under fast.

This law must be made at the state(s) level during their legislative session. this will close the biggest loop hole.

I'm not sure where a percentage should start for a flat tax. but you cant have both tax systems. It has to be one or the other. The federal flat tax must be low, like 4- 6 percent because the states will still want to tax in addition to a federal flat tax, so that rate must also be kept low. All corporations must share in this federal flat tax as well as pay the same percentage of income tax as the rest of us do, based on income. I still Think this will not work though.

Or just come out with a national health care tax , like 5 cents, that will pay for people whom don't have a plan. I don't like it but lets face it, were headed that way. I don't like the last one that was passed. I would rather pay .5 cents or something like that , than give up my plan.

Health Care for people with a plan. A TRUE tax credit to an amount to no less than 6,700 dollars ( adjusted with inflation) if your single and have an insurance plan. scale the credit amount according to family size ,married, single , number of children etc.

Get rid of these these complicated tax forms. I'm sure we have all spent over 180 hours filing out forms this year. This year is the worst.

edit on 11-3-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join