It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Appeals Court 'Ignores Rule of Law,' Defers to White House on Deportation Cases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It looks like the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has issued a deadline for the Obama Administration to "decide" ...
whether or not they (The Administration) plans to use “prosecutorial discretion” in some pending cases against illegal aliens !!!

Since when does The White House get to "sway" court decisions ?

Hey WAIT ..... I thought that what the courts were for ?

Unless I am mis-understanding something.

March 2, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – Does the Obama administration intend to enforce the nation’s immigration laws or not? Two Republicans are asking that question, after a federal appeals court halted the deportation of five suspected illegal aliens on Monday, asking the Obama administration whether it plans to stop the deportations.

In a 2-1 ruling, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals set a March 19 deadline for the Obama administration to explain whether it intends to use “prosecutorial discretion” to prevent the aliens’ removal. The five cases are on hold in the meantime.

On Thursday, Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas,) chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, and Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Utah), ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said the Obama administration must make it clear to the court that the administration will enforce immigration laws, including the deportation of illegal and criminal immigrants who lose their cases in the federal court.

In a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Attorney General Eric Holder on Thursday, Smith and Grassley wrote: “In responding to the Ninth Circuit’s question, the administration will be required to reveal whether it intends to manipulate our legal system and waste taxpayer dollars, as part of its efforts to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants.

WHO actually Decides Federal Court Cases ?

And why write a letter to unelected officials ??

Since when do THEY pass laws ?

Oh wait .....

I don't get it !!

edit on Mar-02-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
It looks like the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has issued a deadline for the Obama Administration to "decide" ...
whether or not they (The Administration) plans to use “prosecutorial discretion” in some pending cases against illegal aliens !!!

Since when does The White House get to "sway" court decisions ?

Hey WAIT ..... I thought that what the courts were for ?

Unless I am mis-understanding something.

March 2, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – Does the Obama administration intend to enforce the nation’s immigration laws or not? Two Republicans are asking that question, after a federal appeals court halted the deportation of five suspected illegal aliens on Monday, asking the Obama administration whether it plans to stop the deportations.

In a 2-1 ruling, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals set a March 19 deadline for the Obama administration to explain whether it intends to use “prosecutorial discretion” to prevent the aliens’ removal. The five cases are on hold in the meantime.

On Thursday, Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas,) chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, and Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Utah), ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said the Obama administration must make it clear to the court that the administration will enforce immigration laws, including the deportation of illegal and criminal immigrants who lose their cases in the federal court.

In a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Attorney General Eric Holder on Thursday, Smith and Grassley wrote: “In responding to the Ninth Circuit’s question, the administration will be required to reveal whether it intends to manipulate our legal system and waste taxpayer dollars, as part of its efforts to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants.

WHO actually Decides Federal Court Cases ?

And why write a letter to unelected officials ??

Since when do THEY pass laws ?

Oh wait .....

I don't get it !!

edit on Mar-02-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

You do realize that you may have thrown a monkey-wrench into the works of the next planned false flag do you not? Now TPTB will have to come up with new terrorists to carry out the attack! As for the un-elected officials, who really is elected in this country anymore?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Is it just me or is there a problem with this site refreshing? It seems that the only way I see anything new is when I add a new post!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Is it just me or is there a problem with this site refreshing? It seems that the only way I see anything new is when I add a new post!

I think nobody else is interested yet !!

can't understand why.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Come on.. it's the 9th circuit. When was the last time they did anything that was even remotely considered constitutional or "sane"? They are the craziest of crazy progressives

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

One question I have. Since when was Charles Grassley from Utah? The last I looked he was from Iowa.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

One question I have. Since when was Charles Grassley from Utah? The last I looked he was from Iowa.

good catch.

i guess the press can't proof read or look anything up on their own anymore either

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Illegal Immigrations is a touchy problem for the government. It's another of those they don't want to make go away, but love to say they do.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
You guys need to do some research on the facts.

The Obama admin has deported more illegals than any other admin ever.

abcnews.go.com...

While GW flagged em home, bringing in the largest number of illegals ever.

new topics

top topics

join