It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six-Legged Giant Finds Secret Hideaway, Hides For 80 Years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sweet!

It's just Obama's cousin though!!!

LOL, BALLS PYRAMID!!!

But, sounds like it's just the combination of Jesus, and Bush...
What would Jesus do?

Kill Bush.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Dude that is a Weta not a cricket

this is what stick insects look like in New Zealand.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Cool story bro.

Thanks for the tip on were to find the next legendary pokemon.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
Don’t know if this is a good idea. What if these things are from some alien race. Now this guy has over 10,000 at his zoo and making more. What if they start to take over? OMG what if we become the food?

Have you been watching the Original Outer Limits on late night TV Lately ?

Zanti Misfits

as the Zanti say

DO NOT INVADE OUR PRIVACY!

No.. I think they were just Stowaways that were brought from a Local Island or Mainland ..

aND... from the Australia Network ... !! LOL!

Stick insects Nobody knows what aliens from space would look like but, if Hollywood has got it right, I have animals very much like aliens in my garden, some in the pond, and some in the grass around it.

Source: australianetwork.com...

But can these Giant Stick Insects Swim ?

(Video)
Who'd've thought stick insects can swim...
blog.travelpod.com...

I would think about the possibility They Dropped Off from a Native Boat or hitched a ride with a Bird?

The Next Question would be the Vegetation ?

LOL Well Im Guessing Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean) & Chuck Noland(Castaway (2000) Would have a Difficult Time Getting Of this of Rock Island Surviving a few weeks eating the Insects and the Insects Food Source.. No Shelter Shade Clothing No Cache for RUM!! Etc... 13 miles from the Next Island and nothing to Float BY or Build with .. is it SHARK!! Infested!!!
Well if it was in the 18th Century(1700s) that is LOL .. Talk About being Marooned!!

Shark Bite on "Greenback" Lord Howe Island

Thanks OP For Posting Quite Interesting !

edit on 4-3-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Very cool story! I love bugs and insects, they are a versatile asset to our planet in so many ways.

And huge ones don't scare me, much! lol

I am always curious about the criteria that make animals exceptionally large or small, and it usually has to do with predators vs food supply. I assume these guys have zero predators and abundant food sources.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I would love to buy one of these...... make it happen!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Those bugs are so beautiful and amazing! They were lucky to find a refuge free of predators for several decades. Rats of all kinds always win in the end.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I love Outer Limits, they do look like the Zanti Misfits LOL.

Thanks for those other links too. I can't imagine a worse place to be shipwrecked (well, except for the middle of ocean with no land around) - no trees, nothing but steep cliffs, and seriously shark-infested waters, but if you did end up there you could just wait for the next scientific mission to come around looking for those Zanti Misfits...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Truly amazing that just 24 survived the rats and lived off one bush. Talk about not giving up. I hope scientists are able to repopulate the species and release them back into a natural environment. I wont lie though, I hope that environment is far away from me. I'd run if I saw one of those. As many have also said, it's cute the male sleeps with it's legs protecting the females. You do have to wonder if they have always done that or if that was a learned behavior after the rats started attacking.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Interesting piece, though the title was misleading.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Very Cool! Love the photos

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
That's some scary stuff lol. Great find though. It's amazing to see that even in this day and age there are so many discoveries to be made.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Octoneo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Great to watch, thanks for sharing.

It still amazes me how they are 'born' then can instantly walk..

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

GREAT STORY! THANKS FOR THE POST!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I think their size is related to the remote location of their habitat not being effected by the many pollutions and non natural influences. This is why I feel deep in the oceans are very large creations resting. Interesting find.

edit on 3/15/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Amazing things how they survived, they probably was transferred by some kind of bird or something though..

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Great story, thanks for posting! I always like to root for the little(-ish) guy.

I hope they make it!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Neat post.If they did not get there by birds they got there by dry land or really close land and floating logs,or high wind.13,500years ago the sea level was 280 to 320 ft. lower,give or take by many variables(read Underworld,Graham Hancock).

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Thanks for posting,

This just goes to show that all life is precious, and precious few realize it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join