It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Time exist within Time?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by spy66
Personally i think our human consciousness can only be in one time line at a time. Say for instance; If you are dreaming you are living a different timeline compared to when you are awake.

If we look at God. There are two things we have to keep in mind when it comes to time. One thing is God infinite body/dimension. Gods infinite physical dimension would not have a timeline, because when its infinite it is a constant (not changing). But Gods infinite physical dimension must have a consciousness with a active time line.

This is the only way God would be able to make physical changes (time line) to his infinite dimension.

But what if God's/SourCe's "dimension" isn't Infinite, but rather, finite but growing into Infinite? Defined but kNot confined?

That's one of the biggest misconceptions of the Universe/God/SourCe. Most think She's Infinite but She's kNot but She once was and is now growing back into Her once self.

Ribbit

Well this depends on how a person views God. Some view God as a person or a figure with boundaries. So yes Some people have the idea that God is a finite.

We humans will never be able to discover the infinite or the absolute vacuum. Because we humans can only observe finite/Changes. We humans will never be able to discover the boundaries of our own finite universe.

Personally i think time is very well describes in Genesis Chapter 1. And with the Big bang theory. These two views/theories are actually very similar to each other. But in genesis chapter one, existence is described as being infinite before God creates the light. With the Big Bang theory they have created images that show you the difference between the infinite dimension and the finite dimension. Its just that most people dont include the background (the whole image) which the singularity must be on.

The Big Bang.

This is genesis chapter 1, verse 2. Total darkness and no time.

What these two (genesis and Big Bang) have in common is the Light. The light appears in genesis chapter 1 verse 3. Science uses light to determine age and distance. These are both time.

But God existed before the light, before the Big Bang according to the myths. So God is not a finite within our finite existence/universe.

There is also something people dont understand about finite. Finite can not expand infinitely. Finite must be formed by the infinite (the Big Large Black Image). And the infinite can only form something that is smaller than it self. Therefore the infinite must have compressed it self and packed energies into solids. Light can only come from a energy source. So compressed energies cannot expand for ever. The energies will only expand into the energy it was before it was compressed. This is also called time.

The large black image dosent have time that we can observe. To us this dimension is observed as 2D. Because there is no light (time) to show its true dimension.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecossiepossie

Originally posted by Baron01
Time does not exist. It's always now and anything else is imagined. You can only think (imagine) about the past or future right NOW. Matter is always in motion which makes it look like there is a linear timeline. We also have been told in school that time exists and that there are seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years.... but all of that is nonsens. We have been stimulated to believe this illusion.

Every-thing is constantly moving and because of that we can see 'change'. We see change as the so called 'time' like embryo->baby->child->adult for example. But that's only because matter is in motion. What is not in motion is space and without space matter cannot exist but space can exist without matter. Therefore time is not real/does not exist. However the NOW is real, it's very obvious. The now is not created by the motion of matter but it's the nature of space.

So can time exist within time? The answer is no because time does not exist.
Space is in constant motion it has been expanding since the misnomert BIG BANG.....As it was not BIG an there was no BANG,,,It started as the smallest thing ever an sound cannot travell in a vacum.Not that there was even a vacum or space for it not to bang into.So I like to think of it as the infinietlly small silence as opose the big bang.How ever it has been in constant motion since it popped into existance .Not only is it expanding wich is motion.It is expanding at an ever faster rate its excellerating,Also within space particles of matter are forever being created into an out of existance.Someone said in a previous post if God or a creator made us.What have we done to deserve his love?Well I M O nothing or deserve his Hate either .If an entity did create us an the universe then we are part of it .To wish for peace an harmony within the universe is not a gift or right for us.Its a desire it has for all things includeing its self.For it would be all encompose all.An without the power of free will.It would be very boreing an predictable an no fun at all.Like reading a book or watching a film when you no every line to be spoken .Every plot devolpment an endining..Like knowing Bruce Willis is a ghost in the movie the 6th sence before you watch...M O O.

You can believe in the Big Bang theory all you want but that doesn't make this theory to be true. Why? Because believing in something is imagining it to be true. Now you could say ''I don't believe it's true but I know it's true''. How do you know? Have you seen the 'Big Bang'? Were you there to see it happen? If you answered no then you don't know if it's true but you believe it's true.

There are billions of people with different beliefs about how the universe was created. Unfortunately for them none of those beliefs have anything to do with truth. Religious people claim there is an external God and we should worship and believe in him (pretty funny they think God has a gender) otherwise he'll put us in hell. Isn't it hilarious that only people are convincing other people to believe in their imaginary God? This 'God' has never told me personally to worship/believe in him... only deluded people did.

I like your thinking about expanding space but for this to be true space has to be matter and space obvious isn't anything. I can't grab it, I can't bend it, I can't destroy it, I can't create it but I'm part of it. My own take on matter is that it has to be created by space because for matter to exist there has to be space but space can exist without matter. Something can come from nothing but nothing can't come from something. I think matter is an illusion created by space so all matter is just space itself. There is a theory that everything is empty space and I actually like this theory alot and think it's true but that's my own belief system.

ButtUglyToad, I've been reading your posts for a long time and I have to say you're a very interesting toad (a very ugly one tbh) with too much imagination.

edit on 5-3-2012 by Baron01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ecossiepossie

"You may think Im sillly but then you must think a lot of respected people are silly"

just curious in what way are you respected, are you famously respected? i personally respect you, but i think that all energy in a split instant banging into existence from the smallest imaginable "area" is silly,, this is scientists rebuttal to, god did it,,,,, "well everything looks like its expanding, so at one time it all must have come from the same point, and that point must have been the smallest small, small could be,,,, why do they assume that,,,

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

ButtUglyToad, I've been reading your posts for a long time and I have to say you're a very interesting toad (a very ugly one tbh) with too much imagination.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

"It is through the door of Imagination that all discoveries/truths must pass." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

What you have to understand is that matter is in fact compressed energies. Matter is energy compressed into a solid with mass.

Why is a mass finite? Because it is effected by pressure differentials. If you have a block of ice in a hot room. It will melt into water. After that the water will evaporate into a gas and so on. All this just because the block of ice is surrounded by a hot atmosphere (high pressure).

The Sun burns fuel because of a pressure differentials. If it didn't earth would never receive heat from the Sun.

Expansion is caused by pressure differentials. A compression is caused by a pressure differential.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Baron01

Expansion is caused by pressure differentials. A compression is caused by a pressure differential.

First, Compression is caused by exerting force, which then causes a pressure differential.

As to your Expansion comment, I totally agree, but then, how does that apply to the expansion of the Universe?

Where are the pressure differentials that are causing the Universe to expand and what causes the pressure differentials in the first place?

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Baron01

What you have to understand is that matter is in fact compressed energies. Matter is energy compressed into a solid with mass.

Why is a mass finite? Because it is effected by pressure differentials. If you have a block of ice in a hot room. It will melt into water. After that the water will evaporate into a gas and so on. All this just because the block of ice is surrounded by a hot atmosphere (high pressure).

The Sun burns fuel because of a pressure differentials. If it didn't earth would never receive heat from the Sun.

I chose to use the word matter because most people don't know that solid objects (actually not solid at all
) are indeed energies. People are in general more familair with the word 'matter' than the word 'energy'. Other words I could have used are atoms, protons, neutrons, electrons, quarks. But that goes a bit too far because I would eventually mindf*ck myself.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

But too much imagination will make you an insanely confused toad. Time existing within time? It's time to go to the doctor froggy.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

But too much imagination will make you an insanely confused toad. Time existing within time? It's time to go to the doctor froggy.

And when have I ever claimed to be sane?

If you ain't nuk'n futz, your fuk'n nutz!

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Ribbit

I thought maybe you don't realize how utterly insane you are.

You must be a big fan of Michio Kaku, right? If you don't know who he is you should definitely check him out (he is kind of like you).

But if you want to be more sane watch some video's of Benjamin Smythe www.youtube.com.... Although it looks like he's insane he just has a good sense of humor and is always spot on.

If you want to get rid of your belief in time watch these two vids. from him:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

''Everything that has ever happened is over''
''There is no way to find yesterday in the actual world''

Time is a selfmade illusion.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Ribbit

I thought maybe you don't realize how utterly insane you are.

You must be a big fan of Michio Kaku, right? If you don't know who he is you should definitely check him out (he is kind of like you).

But if you want to be more sane watch some video's of Benjamin Smythe www.youtube.com.... Although it looks like he's insane he just has a good sense of humor and is always spot on.

If you want to get rid of your belief in time watch these two vids. from him:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

''Everything that has ever happened is over''
''There is no way to find yesterday in the actual world''

Time is a selfmade illusion.

Your quotes at the end, remind me of what I just got through saying in another thread:

To think is to have thunk, because when you think of anything, that thought is now in the past, thus, since Time has to elapse for anything to happen, when you think, you can only realize it when that thought is now in the past. Actions then manifest themselves in the present from past actions, which includes thought.

Sew it can be said that the Present is for understanding the past and to rationalize the future.

Then I added to it, in reply to another comment made by sumone else (first sentence):

Thinking and thought are the same thing sir/miss,

No they are kNot!

Thinking occurs in the now and Thought is the END result of Thinking, which means Thought can only exist in the past, whereas Thinking can only happen Now.

The illusion of Time is kNot delusional, it's illusionary, thus, Time is Real, it's our perception of it that's off.

Ribbit

Ps: To never claim to be sane isn't the same as admitting you're insane.

edit on 5-3-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A thought cannot exist in the past because it did never exist. For the observer it looks like the thought was real but in reality there were only selfmade (not even selfmade but it feels like that) signals going off in the brain which the observer observes as a thought.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

A thought cannot exist in the past because it did never exist. For the observer it looks like the thought was real but in reality there were only selfmade (not even selfmade but it feels like that) signals going off in the brain which the observer observes as a thought.

The observer doesn't exist without thought.

Can consciousness exist without thinking thought?

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

If you have consciousnesses or movement time must exist.

Consciousness Thinks = Thought = Movement

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

edit on 5-3-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

Lacrimosa dies illa,
Qua resurget ex favilla
Judicandus homo reus.
Huic ergo parce, Deus,
Pie Jesu Domine,
Dona eis requiem. Amen.

I'm still following this thread with interest. Still intrigued by the OP. Can time exist within time? Hard to wrap one's head around, to be sure, but since certain experiences have made it clear to me that time may be more "flexible" than conventional wisdom has made it out to be, I suppose it is possible. I believe in God, though I don't know the nature of that creative entity, and I think for this universe to have come about (I don't believe it was an accident) required an understanding and experiencing of time that is non-linear.

Wheels within wheels!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by godspetrat

i dont think its possible or in any way advantagious to have a disscusion about 'time'.

it can be measured, but can't be explained/defined/described. : T

it's a horrible topic where no one has a clue what anyone is talking about.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by godspetrat

Lacrimosa dies illa,
Qua resurget ex favilla
Judicandus homo reus.
Huic ergo parce, Deus,
Pie Jesu Domine,
Dona eis requiem. Amen.

I'm still following this thread with interest. Still intrigued by the OP. Can time exist within time? Hard to wrap one's head around, to be sure, but since certain experiences have made it clear to me that time may be more "flexible" than conventional wisdom has made it out to be, I suppose it is possible. I believe in God, though I don't know the nature of that creative entity, and I think for this universe to have come about (I don't believe it was an accident) required an understanding and experiencing of time that is non-linear.

Wheels within wheels!

Time within Time is n0thing compared to Consciousness being the future:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We know that what We Think Now, is Now Thought in the past, sew that's got Past & Present covered, then where does the future come into play to complete the Trinality?

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

i dont think its possible or in any way advantagious to have a disscusion about 'time'.

Actually, I must respectfully disagree. It's a great topic, even though we may not have a clue what anyone is talking about. Some will read these things and at least have an inkling, if not a clue. This forum is Philosophy and Metaphysics, is it not? I can't prove my unconventional understanding of the nature of time to anyone, and won't try, but will merely give hints that it may not be what it seems. I think this is what the OP is trying to do as well. I base my notions on personal experience, but how can I prove that I had an NDE that opened my mind to a different interpretation of time? It was very real to me, and I am quite a rational person otherwise.

I say keep it going, for I would love to hear others' views on the subject, yours included!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by godspetrat

Actually, I must respectfully disagree. It's a great topic, even though we may not have a clue what anyone is talking about. Some will read these things and at least have an inkling, if not a clue. This forum is Philosophy and Metaphysics, is it not? I can't prove my unconventional understanding of the nature of time to anyone, and won't try, but will merely give hints that it may not be what it seems. I think this is what the OP is trying to do as well. I base my notions on personal experience, but how can I prove that I had an NDE that opened my mind to a different interpretation of time? It was very real to me, and I am quite a rational person otherwise.

I say keep it going, for I would love to hear others' views on the subject, yours included!

The fact that in every NDE, the person WAS sum where, sew then, WHERE was that sum where and how much Time seemed to elapse in the NDE, verses how long were they actually CD?

Remember the movie Contact? When Jodie was dropped into the contraption, she experienced Time within Time and while it looked to us like n0thing happened, that wasn't the case.

Ribbit

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join