It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Time exist within Time?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Howdy peeps,

I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about the possibility of Time existing within Time?

What I mean by that is let's say Time is Thought of the Collective Consciousness of the Universe and within that consciousness a Question is asked, which then is answered by WE the Souls playing out the Question within the Question, holographically, to get the answer. The original Question would exist in Real Time, but answering the Question would exist in its own Time and while in Real Time it only takes a finite amount of Time to answer the Question, it takes a lifetime of Time in the Question to answer it, yet that lifetime of Time transpired in the same amount of Real Time as the Question. What that would be is a proverbial Time Warp, that can only exist IN Time.

With that possibility, WE could exist in multiple lifetimes, in a short period of actual Real Time, then Rinse and Repeat for an eternity.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
In so far as, 'time' is construct of this temporal dimension, in certain instances, yes, since this 'time' is then able to be contained(?) within another definition relating to this temporal dimension...

Outside of this need to comparmentalise these concepts, because of the state in which we view/experience it from, it has next to no meaning.

Akushla

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have been a member for some time. I obviously don't post much, but this topic really grabbed me. I am one of those people who have been the "victim" of what is commonly referred to as an NDE, and though I was an Atheist or at the least an Agnostic before the experience, I have a much different view now.

I now have no doubt that the afterlife and eternal exist. There were some suggestions of reincarnation in my NDE, but since things get a bit scattered and confused (probably intentionally by the contactors) in such an experience, I do not know if reincarnation is true, partly true, or just a metaphor my contactors used to illuminate to me different aspects of my soul.

One thing I did retain, is that the universe has a singularity. It is the point in time in which matter was made, well, matter! Cayce stated that all time, when viewed from the highest dimension, is a single moment. Of course, time for us is linear, and this is the blessing (and the curse) of living as a 3rd dimensional entity. What I am sure of, is that my NDE was real. I met beings not of this world. Their initial words to me: "you have been brought along as a mitigating agent for vice, with the capacity for direct action;" enigmatic, I know, but one has to read between the lines!

My NDE, though it is hard to remember the details, was no dream. I am a 43 year old educated man with a master's degree. I was always a sceptic until that week (or so!) in the fall of 2007. I have come back with no powers, knowledge, or special insight except for the fact that I no longer view time or the universe (including human mortality) the same way.

I have become a Christian, though I am no Biblical literalist. God exists, Jesus was at the very least really cool.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by godspetrat

I now have no doubt that the afterlife and eternal exist.

What if there are actually Two possible lives?

1. Real-Time Life
2. Sub-Time Life

True Life would then exist in Real-Time Life and your Soul would reside within that Real-Time Life, whereas Sub-Time Life would exist within Time itself and that's where your Soul then plays the parts it plays. With that, you could spend many lifetimes within your Sub-Lives, all in a fraction of Real Time.

Eternity would have a whole new meaning, if that's the case.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

And yet, still, the thought of time and the thought of the thought of time, are all just thoughts. In other words, the thought of thinking is thinking itself, so where is there a division to say "time inside of time"?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

And yet, still, the thought of time and the thought of the thought of time, are all just thoughts. In other words, the thought of thinking is thinking itself, so where is there a division to say "time inside of time"?

You messed up your math.

Thought of Thinking is kNot Thinking, it's Thought itself, which is Time but Independent Thought within Collective Thought, would then be Time within Time.

Ribbit

Ps: Your Sig is interesting, in that LIE = WE

edit on 2-3-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It's actually quite intriguing, what you said. I think it could be possible: that is; there is a self and higher self as well, something like that. All I got from my experience is that time isn't quite what we think it is, nor is life. I am reminded of what Richard Adams' psychic rabbit character Fiver said not in the book Watership Down but in the short-lived TV series: "are we really here at all?"

Sure, Adams didn't come up with that question, his character was expanded upon by the TV series producers, but there is some evidence that the author of Watership Down thinks along those lines.

I think it is possible that we can exist in higher dimensions at the same time as we are here, but coming from one such as I who firmly believes he was introduced to otherworldy entities (both good and bad) for what that's worth, I really don't think we are allowed to know yet. I was shown many things, but they made sure that anything I could relate to others would be confused at best. I have never even spoken of these matters before except to my brother. I have not had any time-bending experiences since 2007, only several very lucid dreams, but they are really just dreams, and my NDE was a different animal altogether.

So, to sum up, are the things you are posting about possible? I say yes, based on my very personal experiences. Proving the particulars, or convincing others? That is a very different matter entirely!
edit on 2-3-2012 by godspetrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Can Time exist within Time...?

Yes I say.

But only if human perception is equal to true existence.

I had an "Experience" at one time in my life.

This experience involved my minds perception of time being drastically distorted.

The experience was time looped for 30 seconds, for I don't know how long.

I was experiencing the same exact thing 30 seconds long, over and over and over.

I was scared that I thought it would last for an eternity!!!!

The time loops ended after an unknown amount of time and I resumed normal time in linear ways.

I know that all that us humans have is our perception of the world around us no matter what we do.....

And this is what I perceived....

So I say YES... Time can defiantly exist in time !

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfHart
Can Time exist within Time...?

Yes I say.

But only if human perception is equal to true existence.

I had an "Experience" at one time in my life.

This experience involved my minds perception of time being drastically distorted.

The experience was time looped for 30 seconds, for I don't know how long.

I was experiencing the same exact thing 30 seconds long, over and over and over.

I was scared that I thought it would last for an eternity!!!!

The time loops ended after an unknown amount of time and I resumed normal time in linear ways.

I know that all that us humans have is our perception of the world around us no matter what we do.....

And this is what I perceived....

So I say YES... Time can defiantly exist in time !

Sew if Time can be stacked on top of Time, creating Time within Time, how many times can Time be stacked on top of Time before temporal failure occurs?

Time within Time would be finite squared Time within finite Time, but Time within Time within Time would then be finite qubed Time within finite squared Time within finite Time, and so on and so on . . .

I cannot see a limit to how many times WE can stack Time on top of Time, thus, it would then be possible to live Infinite lifetimes all within a finite moment of Real Time.
Put that to Infinite Life itself, and this thing called Life takes on a whole other meaning.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well, I like you, Toad, even if you are indeed butt-ugly. Did you get that from Wind in the Willows? Hanging out in Toad Hall and stealing motor-cars? One of my favorite books.

Anyway, time is what we make of it here on Earth, and we have but a little. Time as an absolute?

The possibilities are endless!
edit on 2-3-2012 by godspetrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Well, I like you, Toad, even if you are indeed butt-ugly. Did you get thet from Wind in the Willows? Hanging out in Toad Hall and stealing motor-cars? One of my favorite books.

Anyway, time is what we make of it here on Earth, and we have but a little. Time as an absolute?

The possibilities are endless!

But what if Time is actually n0thing more than Thought of the Collective Consciousness and WE exist in that Thought and kNot in the physical realm where We think We are.

Humans, and all Life as We know it, would then be a figment of your Real Imagination, the Imagination of the Collective Consciousness of the Universe/God/SourCe.

Ribbit

Ps: I became a toad on Yahoo Chat many years ago.
A friend use to "chase me around the room" trying to squish me like a toad, sew I became Squished Toad, then from there, I became many toads.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Well, read Wind in the Willows. It suits you!

I for one could believe in the collective consciousness, but I don't know if it is true. My experiences have given me the basic understanding of the nature of time, no more! I think this could be true, and indeed wish it to be true, when I think of animals. A collective consciousness, yes.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I for one could believe in the collective consciousness, but I don't know if it is true. My experiences have given me the basic understanding of the nature of time, no more! I think this could be true, and indeed wish it to be true, when I think of animals. A collective consciousness, yes.

If all of this exists in Conscious Thought, then how is it possible for a Soul to ever be hurt?

I know of the Wind and the Willows and believe me, I fit the toad in there more ways than I'd like.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

If all of this exists in Conscious Thought, then how is it possible for a Soul to ever be hurt?

I know of the Wind and the Willows and believe me, I fit the toad in there more ways than I'd like.

Ribbit

Heh, I am more like Toad than I'd like as well. Always indulging myself, sitting still and gassing again, that sort of thing!

Great conversation about time, and I wish I knew how to flag this so it doesn't go away...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If you have consciousnesses or movement time must exist.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yes time can exist in time.

Take a Macromedia Flash, The main time frame, then if you have a button that has animation that has a separate time frame.

Thats basically time in time.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
If you have consciousnesses or movement time must exist.

Sure, time exists, but what is its exact nature; that's what the OP and I are on about! Can you as a human really be sure of the nature of time? Are you really here at all? Am I really replying to you in real time?

That sort of thing. Carry on!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Reply to post by ManOfHart

I have experienced a loop before but not for long, ten to fifteen seconds maybe, but still enough to freak me out. I have also seen clocks both analog and digital show odd movements of time, sometimes slower other times faster. I have experienced huge losses and gains in time, for example, one day I got dressed for work when I realized it was 3pm and was watching tv, took 5 minutes to change and grab what I needed, sat in front of the tv, thought I accidentally changed channels because the program was not what I had been watching, but the channel was correct, the time was then 1:30pm. I waited till the show I was watching came on, at 2:30pm again, and it was exactly what I had seen the first time. Believe or do not, but I met others who have experienced time distortions. Time is only beneficial for one thing, a job.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
you were born on earth,,, from this birth to your death is all the time you need to worry about, it is all you are,,,, i dont know about the soul or spirit you, but the human earth you is confined to this life for the amount of time until you die,,, how that time is measured and used will directly impact how much time you will live on earth....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
In a word, yes, time can exist 'in' time.
I don't know if I can explain it - but here goes.

And I know some will say it's only my perception - but - it still happens - but is that all it is? No. Not in my opinion.

Let's say you've busted your leg. You're in the ambulance and you hear the Paramedic radio the hospital your ETA. (Estimated time of arrival). You're in hellish pain, just hellish pain like you've never felt. The kind of pain where you're begging them to just shoot you. Through the fog of your misery you hear the ETA is 12 minutes. You know, 12 minutes from now you'll be getting some pain relief. But the time within that 12 minutes now has increased to seconds stretching to hours!

Simply perception? Why? Why can't it be the little time gnomes playing tricks?

Another example...

You're buzzing along in your car singing along to Tom Petty's American Girl - the tune taking you back to the 'old days' and you're loving it - when a small white ball rolls out between two parked cars not a bus length in front of you.

WHAM! Nano-second later you leave Tom Petty behind and time SLOOOWWWSSSSS! Another nano-second and you're foots pushing the brake through the floor. TIME SLOWWWSSS ever more. A toe-headed kid (that looks remarkably like Tom Petty) runs out after his ball. TIME SLOOWWWSSS even more!!!

SCREECH!!! Stink of burning rubber and you just miss that kid. Swallowing the urge to scream an obscenity at the mother standing at the curb a hand over her heart her eyes big and round her face devoid of color you realize times returned to normal and The Heartbreaker's are just grooving into the chorus - your favorite part...

Yip. Time within time. No doubt!

'Oh yeah, alight, take it easy baby, make it last all night...make it last all night...'

peace
edit on 3-3-2012 by silo13 because: fix bold

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join