It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Liberty, Kentucky Leveled by Tornado!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaMuslim

I find this not one bit funny...

I've never lived it rich...

and Jesus helped me and kept me and mine safe...
The storms were headed right for us and i prayed to God and Jesus...

we were spared

thanks for your blessings of Allah... but Jesus has got me covered

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
In Morehead, lost power two house took trees, one down on the road we live on. Our house was spared. Feeling blessed this morning. Checked on mom in neighboring town. We were ready, plenty of kerosene for the heater and water stored. I was prepared and had essentials in the bathroom with us. Afterwards we came out and several immediate neighbors and us started scoping the rest of the street for those who may have needed electricity for oxygen etc. Elderly were checked for flashlights and heating needs. It amazed me how we came together so quickly to scope the damage and need assessment.
Prayer for those in Morgan county. The pics are disturbing, the loss incredible. Please keep us in your prayers as we move into cleanup phase.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
just saw the news and west liberty looks like a war zone

still nothing new about Saylersville, Kentucky

just pray for us all

this is a poor area...

i would have volunteered to help...

but unless your emergency personnel you cant go into these cities

edit on 3/3/12 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/3/12 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
west liberty 3 confirmed dead
75+ injured

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Salyersville, ky one confirmed death

several injuries

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
My dad's side of the family lives around Louisville, i just called my dad and he says theyre all fine.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh I sure hope so. Perhaps a good tornado in Russia can finally lead to us getting those Dopplers up for public. My condolences to those families who suffered in the tornado outbreak. I couldn't follow it all the way through from Russia as it was late night, but when I went to have some rest there were already three tornadoes on the ground in the US. And it is big news here, people mostly wish to help out with what they have.

I don't know if EMERCOM has offered official help to the US though, there's little we citizens can do without their coordination. What is the reason for the outbreak though? Temperatures were rather low for tornadoes to form, dew point low as well. Russian Meteorology Forums are wondering at the 'weirdness' of those storms. It is February, the conditions are such that in Russia even a medium thunderstorm would not develop. I think we need to figure out why this happened.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is just horrible, I hope all of our ATS friends made it out of this mess.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'm checking this forum and the Severe Weather Forecast forum, and I'm happy to hear a lot of members who were hit worse than my area are getting back on and checking in. Glad your dads okay.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Thanks for that.

I think it's normal for people in the country experiencing the problem to pray for and look out for their own, so to speak.

But I am really thankful for the prayers/thoughts we were getting from people both at home, but especially otherwise. It warms my heart to see so many that were unaffected physically still had/have us on their minds.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RumET
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Odd weather for sure... Typically in this area you rarely get a tornado...
Last night was a freak storm!

It was cold here in the 30's F and by 1pm it
Was 70F

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
My prayers go out to all effected by this disaster. I know how it feels to go through such a disaster, the F5 tornado that hit Plainfield Illinois in 1990, ripped through my neighbor hood, So many prayers going out to them.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Still, seventy Degrees Fahrenheit is a mere +21 degrees Celsius. That is counted as warm spring, or cool summer weather in Moscow. Sure we get thunderstorms in that kind of weather, but Multiple supercells and tornadoes? Never heard of it. For us to have even hail the temperature must be around +27 C and the dew-point around +17-20 C. What our Russian Meteorology Fan-club leans towards is the temperature differences close by. Hot and cold air mixing you know, but will a thunderstorm be as severe if it goes from +27C to +17C after the Cold Front as it would be going from +17C to +7C after the cold front?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaMuslim
Funny how everyone else in the US is living it rich and safe except for those that are surrounded by feisty and rough natural disasters. It seems like people there are taking the beating from what the US is committing in foreign countries and in the US. I would say that you should move out of there, I mean move out of the US.
May Allah guide you to the straight path.

Oh how you couldn't resist

You're using this tragic event to bash the US government, this has nothing in the slightest to do with any of what you speak of, so please take your issues to the appropriate thread

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Im just scared for a member I can't really say I knew but will stick with me.

Her name was Sarra, she posted about how she felt so unprepared and scared about this, we all gave her advice on her thread.

This is the link here if anyone wishes to go see.

Does anyone else on here know her more personally? Maybe heard from her or know her area wasn't hit too bad?

I just feel horrible that she was just here looking for help and hasn't shown up.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I'm curious, do homes in Kentucky have basements? It seems like most of these houses have to build tornado shelters near their homes. I would think if they don't, new building codes should be established to require basements in areas where they are prone to tornadoes and hurricanes.

It's sad enough to see people lose their homes, but it's even worst to see people lose their lives if they don't have an underground shelter for protection.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If people are going to live in these areas, these houses should be rebuilt as earth covered homes or something else that will be able to withstand an F4 at least. This continuing to build fragile stick built homes in tornado alley is insane. One of these days, the insurance companies will go broke and there will be no rebuilding checks.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Some have basements...
But most are mobile homes... aka trailers
I lived in a single wide trailer...
With no protection...
Gonna change that soon...

Problem is... The area in question is not tornado alley...
We never had this type of storm before...
Sure we get hail... And severe weather...
But super rare for a tornado!!!!
Much less 50 in a single day!!!
This area has steep hills and narrow valleys not many open areas for tornados...
While last night is testament that it is possible for tornados on this scale...

We are not used to this kind of weather...

Many many people i have talked to ages 20-80 have never heard of this thpe of tornadic behavior in this area...

We were caught off guard... But from what i am hearing the response time and output of our emergency personnel has been excellent!

But like i said this is not tornado alley and 200 year old churches have been demolished...

Im sure many of us will be making plans to have a safe place to be...

I know i will

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Oddest weather many people have seen or heard
About...

Hope this wasnt a show of "Rainy Day" power...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join