It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Liberty, Kentucky Leveled by Tornado!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I live 12 miles south of West Liberty, Kentucky...
I am safe and took no damage... But we watched the
Storm roll by... Scariest storm i ever seen... West liberty was hit on the 29th
But according to local news it was hit tonight and mainstreet is leveled!

Emergency personnel are calling for all help to dig the bodies out of the rumble

Sorry i am on my phone and cannot provide a link to validate...

we know people in the area of west liberty...

its heart breaking!

Another tornado hit much closer to home...

just a few miles...

But eastern kentucky got hit hard!!!
Multiple cities!!!
Worst weather i ever seen in this area!!

Prayers for this area
Please!

edit on 3/2/12 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I saw on CNN that there 53 tornadoes reported today!

Strange weather indeed.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If the theories are to be believed...it'll keep getting more wild as the year progresses. The more time passes and the more that holds true as a trend, the more I find I'm not laughing at the idea. I just hope the wild weather is no more dangerous than we saw today.

It's got to be bad when CNN won't even repeat the body count and that was how they put it earlier. There was one, they had it, but they didn't feel comfortable going there without more confirmation. That kind of talk makes me really feel worried....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I live in Louisville. We were spared, but southern Indiana (right across the river) wasn't. There were at least three deaths there. Henryville high school was destroyed. Marysville was leveled. There are lots of reports of missing people. They said the tornado was a quarter to half a mile wide. We had lots of hail here that was mostly pea and marble size, but my brother-in-law had golf ball sized hail out at his house further south. This was really bad. There were reports of semi-tractor trailers being blown off the expressway. Everyone got off work early today.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I live in Indiana but north of the severe weather.

There was a lot of HAARP activity noted on haarpstatus.com in the midwest in the past day or so. Seems to correlate with the tornado activity today, March 2 2012. tornado map

I saw the haarpstatus.com map yesterday and it seemed as if the peak was a little more to the west than it is today.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I would flag this if I could
www.haarpstatus.com...
This happened a few days ago (lower magnitude, shorter frequency wavelength)
Right before the Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas tornadoes

I wonder why they would be able to predict more tornadoes months ahead of time with such confidence.
What if they were controlling them? I'll keep watching for coincidences now. I always thought the haarp guys were crazy thinking it could control weather, but now I'm taking a second look. Interest times we live in

reply to post by djmarcone

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking at it now. Too many coincidences. And now building activity in Cali, an interesting thing to watch as well
edit on 2-3-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

If this is the tornado, pretty freaking scary..

Prayers for all.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

"okay, I think we need to leave" couldn't put it better myself

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsatan
reply to post by jam321

"okay, I think we need to leave" couldn't put it better myself

Ditto, I giggled a little bit when she said that, too bad we couldn't get longer coverage on it. That thing looked massive. Be safe everyone. I would be scared chitless.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Just saw a update on the news...

Some pics not much...

But it must be bad... Cos they did it by phone and didnt use cameras...
They are still pulling out bodes... No confirmation on how many in total...
Except for one... Its bad people...

National guard and many other emergency and volunteer services are working hard in this town...

Devastation!!

We here at my house got BLESSED!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

That activity in California has been there for days. We have had some crazy wind lately and a few days ago we even had some snow in Southern California.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
www.lex18.com...

A link confirming the OP

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

At times I can't help thinking I've gone over the deep edge into tin foil hat paranoia. Yet the more confirmations of feelings like "I'm a rational person but something about President Bush/Pope/Boener/Obama... Is not good," only serves to build confidence in my intuition.

Something tells me the cabal/secret govt/illuminatti... are pulling out all the stops in a last ditch effort to distract everybody from fully waking up to what is becoming impossible to ignore.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Glad you are safe. not much to add just that was one hell of a storm.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yeah that was the one...

Drunk many a cup of coffee in that Mcdonalds...
Guess its still there?

Also... Salyersville, Ky was hit bad... But no one knows how bad cos of lack of communication

Another town that isnt too far from me... Been there a lot
edit on 3/2/12 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Watching FOX now, 67 reported tornadoes.
One town in Indiana completely gone.

My prayers are with you all. Stay safe.

ETA; update 78 tornado's
edit on 2-3-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

High School collapsed too, but they are reporting only a few injuries.

Its so tragic, I don't even know what to say, just thinking of all the children and elderly, people who need their homes, and normal lives back.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It is very sad the weather has been horrible it seems all year long so far! Let's hope it gets better and not worse!

I will send my thoughts to those that were affected, glad you are OK!!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
well.. if I lived anywhere in the mid-west, I'd build a complete house UNDER the ground, my heart goes out to all there, got in-laws in Indiana; you think by the last 50+ years the US congress would freaking approve of give $$$$ to those lucky enough to be a home owners to rebuild underground. I'm not talking a tax reduction I'm talking about cold hard $$$$ in the form of a check or voucher to those that have already have a home and want a shelter to go to ..to those that are renters, make it mandatory to have apt buildings to have enough space BELOW ground to house the entire apt occupancy above and yes.. cut them a check.

my sister moved after the first tornado stuck close to home there 30 years ago and said .. never again.

I just do not get why there isn't an ounce of prevention for this.. I just don't get it. Tornado strikes, citizens & town budgets spend 1000's of hard earned $$$ to rebuild, everything is cozy for the next 9 months .. BAM~!.. tornado strikes.. spend 1000's of $$$ to rebuild..etc, etc, etc.. makes me furious to see the USA lose lives TOTALLY unnecessary, whole cities wiped out which could have been prevented, COMPLETELY.
Seriously, if you are doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.......................

I swear, If I was a super hero and untouchable, I'd slam my fist so hard on the desk in the oval office it would shatter like fine china and scream at the POTUS & congress................WRITE THE DAMM CHECK NOW & grab a shovel cuz you gonna get dirty dinging a basement for a us citizen in the mid-west~!

i remember 10+ years ago .. someone in congress, a woman of all people, had the **** to say "if you are NOT for US then you are against us"

A quote from a movie..........."if you going to be a king............be a good king"~!!!
Now i will get off my soap box and wiped the rives of tears staining my face.......seriously mad, hurt & sad.

much love.. always..

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
yeah ATS double post~!

edit on 3-3-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join