It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A blue thing in the sky in Middle, TN.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

My friend posted a picture of something she saw in the sky about thirty minutes ago. This is in Nashville, TN and it was in the Southern part of the sky. I didn't see it myself, as I'm not in Nashville right now, but the street seen in the picture is heading roughly Southeast.
I looked up the information for the moon tonight on Skywatch and while it does say it's in the south, the way the moon looks in their picture doesn't really match up with it.

So, any idea what it could be?

She also said that it looks like it isn't moving at all in the sky.

If you need any more information ask me and I'll ask her!
edit on 2/3/2012 by Evan_Dood because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Is this taken from inside a car, cause it looks like a reflection on a windscreen?

My first thought when i saw the picture

edit on 2-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Standard ATS answer I know,but nothing more exciting than lens flare I'd say,caused by the brighter of the two street lamps?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Is this taken from inside a car, cause it looks like a reflection on a windscreen?

It was, but she says she can see it with her own eyes as well.

Standard ATS answer I know,but nothing more exciting than lens flare I'd say,caused by the brighter of the two street lamps?

Again, can be seen with the naked eye.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Interesting image. I doubt she would have taken the picture if she didn't see something she saw as odd.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222
Interesting image. I doubt she would have taken the picture if she didn't see something she saw as odd.

Actually, she did haha. She says she took the picture and THEN noticed it. But, now she can see it without taking a picture.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

that was my first thought as well

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evan_Dood

My friend posted a picture of something she saw in the sky about thirty minutes ago. This is in Nashville, TN and it was in the Southern part of the sky. I didn't see it myself, as I'm not in Nashville right now, but the street seen in the picture is heading roughly Southeast.
I looked up the information for the moon tonight on Skywatch and while it does say it's in the south, the way the moon looks in their picture doesn't really match up with it.

It looks like she is taking a picture of the storm clouds and there is a reflection in the window of either some light inside the vehicle or the camera itself....

If she saw it in the sky with her eye.....where is the rest of the story about what happened to it?

Did it just vanish?
Did it fly away and which direction?
Why not more pictures of this object?
Where other people stopping and trying to take pictures or was she the only one who saw it?

I find the lack of details a bit telling that it was simply a light reflection....
edit on March 2nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Evan_Dood

intersing u should ur friend to get out of the car and video it

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Evan_Dood

Actually, she did haha. She says she took the picture and THEN noticed it. But, now she can see it without taking a picture.

Reflection off the windshield. I get the same things from my cell camera, and mine are blue as well. Any chance she could be fibbing about seeing it with her naked eyes?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

It looks like she is taking a picture of the storm clouds and there is a reflection in the window of either some light inside the vehicle or the camera itself....

If she saw it in the sky with her eye.....where is the rest of the story about what happened to it?

Did it just vanish?
Did it fly away and which direction?
Why not more pictures of this object?
Where other people stopping and trying to take pictures or was she the only one who saw it?

I find the lack of details a bit telling that it was simply a light reflection....
edit on March 2nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

She posted the picture on facebook and I've been asking her on the post of her picture, but she hasn't responded for a little while. I feel like she would've mentioned if other people were looking and if it moved any. I think she only took three pictures, but she only uploaded this one. She said that in one picture you couldn't see it at all, in one you can barely see it, and then there's this picture. For now all I can do is wait for her to respond again /:

Any chance she could be fibbing about seeing it with her naked eyes?

That is a possibility hahah. Someone else just asked her to clarify that she definitely could see it with her own eyes, so we'll see what she says.

EDIT: She just said yes, she could see it with her own eyes. She also said she can't see it anymore where she is, but it was still there the last time she was in a position to see it.
edit on 2/3/2012 by Evan_Dood because: To add new information.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If it is the camera lens reflecting, which i think it is, the only odd thing is, it's offset to the upper right, i would believe it to be more in the center of the pic...?
But that could be because of the windscreens angle or curve.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye

It was, but she says she can see it with her own eyes as well.

Again, can be seen with the naked eye.

Well, you must take your friend's word for that I guess, lol. But yeah, why don't things like this happen over populated areas where there would be hundreds of multiple witnesses.....lol.....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
my friends son and daughter saw the same thing a few months ago in south jersey at about 2 am while they were playing volleyball in a marathon of sorts.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am located just outside of Nasville. Yes, I ran outside to have a look at the sky. No, I didn't see anything. Could you be more specific what road this was taken on. Or even what part of Nashville? Interesting picture.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
I am located just outside of Nasville. Yes, I ran outside to have a look at the sky. No, I didn't see anything. Could you be more specific what road this was taken on. Or even what part of Nashville? Interesting picture.

That road that they're on is Murfreesboro Pike, but she didn't remember what intersection. I believe she was in South Nashville at the time, heading towards Murfreesboro. Maybe the Antioch area?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Shes just messing with you.
I guess I don't need to say anymore. Everybody above pretty much wrapped it up.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yes, really looks like a reflection on the windshield of something inside the car. Like:

...car speakers

...tachometer

...tachometer again...

Etc, etc....

top topics

join