It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use retina poppers on Iraqi insurgents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
How would you like to be blinded for demonstrating?

I wouldn't. But life isn't fair. These people know by now that there's probably going to be a gun-toting fundamentalist with a bone to pick against he Crusaders. They know the risks.

Believe me, If they have intentions of opening fire then they're going to do it, if you blind them then they're going to firing wildly into the area causing others to fire.

Yet the psychological impact of this may outweigh the danger it puts civlians in. Sure, the A-Bomb killed a bunch of Japanese, but it ended a war that woudl have ended up killing millions more.

Plus, On an international level you'd be hung for this, its mutilation. Just because theres no stumps or bloody limbs it doesnt make it "clean".

Eh, all weapons wound and mutiliate more people than they kill. THis jsut specifically does it. Maybe there's a philosophical difference, but thee isn't any rela difference.

Then again, when you're fighting for your own then mutilation and terrorism becomes acceptable. Brave American boys liberating Iraqi's by blinding them if they get too rowdy.

It's the same as pumping them full of lead if they get too rowdy. It's just a different means to the same end.

Funny how that one works.

War should be fought in a way to end it as quickly as possible. If such a technology exists, and it can deter Iraqis from taking up arms agaisnt both the US and their own countrymen, then it is justified to use in my eyes. Life is not fair and life is not nice. But I agree, life would probably be very funny to someone not experiencing it.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Technology of pig blood???

Bomb them with pig blood. No heaven, no 72 virgins. Take crop dusting planes and spray the problem areas with pig blood.

Now you're seeing the point.

I'm more for burying any of them face down, away from Mecca, and with a pig's foot thrown in for good measure, but your idea's good too, hehe.....

I'm against that.

People keep thinking of "foreigners" as some sort of unsophisticated, childlike race, easily intimidated and easily cowed by insults and threats.

They are a warrior race. They have been at war for thousands of years because of their "warrior culture" which says "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." An insult is avenged by family, and honor killings are frequent.

Ask yourself -- how cowed would Americans be if the insurgents stripped our dead soldiers, cut off their genitals, and sewed said genitals into the corpses' mouths (this was done, by the way, back in the early 1900's by insurgents who wanted to terrify Americans) How cowed would our people be? Would it inspire us to "go get them" or would it inspire us to run away and seek peace?

Well... guess what. Little Brown Brother isn't any different from us. "Pigs Blood Technology" makes sense only if you want to destroy everything that America has done.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Plus, On an international level you'd be hung for this, its mutilation. Just because theres no stumps or bloody limbs it doesnt make it "clean".

Well, the people who are cutting heads off with saws are NOT being hung. They are being called HEROS! Yeah(DRIPPING WITH SARCASM) real funny how that one works.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Just give the US soldiers really thick sunglasses made of gold or some #, plus their own blinders on every rifle. Or if not blinders give them ray guns that just melt off enemy troops' faces so they run around like Ghost Rider with their faces melting off and their head combusting until their brains burn. I really don't care. The stupidest thing about WW1 were all the sanctions against chemical weapons. Just when we were getting to the point that war was too horrible to contemplate we cleaned it up and made it nice and neat and noble again. What's so noble about getting arms and legs blown off compared to dying of VX gas shutting down your nervous system, I'm not exactly sure. But what those sanctions do is make it easier for economic / industrial powers to plow down smaller states that would otherwise use WMDs.

So screw it, if jihadis don't like lasers because being blind doesn't turn them into Shaheed - a fact from their performance in Afghanistan, don't kill them blind them. Then after the war's won give them all digital vision or some crap, ain't that half the benefit of war is figuring out how to glue Humpties back together again?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Well, the people who are cutting heads off with saws are NOT being hung. They are being called HEROS! Yeah(DRIPPING WITH SARCASM) real funny how that one works.

1. You misquoted me.

2. The people committing acts are evil, yes, we know, theres no doubt in anyones minds, but they aren't quite represented at the UN, they don't answer to treaties and they just hate us. They don't care because they want us dead.

3. As a law abiding nation with decent morals you have the obligation not to field weapons like these, they mutilate targets for life. You can't simply say "well these terryists are evil so we can be too".

This is your mess, you got yourselves into it, don't go blinding people because they're demonstrating against the occupation. Stop playing the victim already.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Just give the US soldiers really thick sunglasses made of gold or some #, plus their own blinders on every rifle.

I think there is a project being developed right now, that incorporates just that. If I remember right, Its a system that a single soldier carries. It links his body functions, wepons readouts and anything else connected to that soldier straight to command HQ. It also gives the soldier the ability to place his gun around a corner and fire it remote controle from out of harms way. To get back to the point, this system uses eye waer that is similar to a weilders helmet with quick flash guard. The lens darkens dramatically in a fraction of a fraction of a second. I'll try and find a link to post it.

So NO, I dont care if other countries try and use this blinder tech agianst us. People need to realise that for every ground wepon we produce, we also produce an effective defence for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Just give the US soldiers really thick sunglasses made of gold or some #, plus their own blinders on every rifle.

I think there is a project being developed right now, that incorporates just that. If I remember right, Its a system that a single soldier carries. It links his body functions, wepons readouts and anything else connected to that soldier straight to command HQ. It also gives the soldier the ability to place his gun around a corner and fire it remote controle from out of harms way. To get back to the point, this system uses eye waer that is similar to a weilders helmet with quick flash guard. The lens darkens dramatically in a fraction of a fraction of a second. I'll try and find a link to post it.

So NO, I dont care if other countries try and use this blinder tech agianst us. People need to realise that for every ground wepon we produce, we also produce an effective defence for it.

All this stuff has been in mil sci-fi and my sci-fi for years. You're talking about a smart suit and remote coaxial siting device and radiation-reactive eye protection. As far as eyewear protection, in 1995 the US Army started fielding anti-laser glasses but the treaties that came out against retina poppers made them quasi-obsolete. They're still around though, because even just siting lasers used by advanced tech army can blind you. If you ever train on any of them they stress very highly to never laze friendly troops with them.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The sooner the US civil war starts the better.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

I would like to add something a little more pertinent to the thread at hand, such as "I like cake."

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

1. You misquoted me.

2. The people committing acts are evil, yes, we know, theres no doubt in anyones minds, but they aren't quite represented at the UN, they don't answer to treaties and they just hate us. They don't care because they want us dead.

3. As a law abiding nation with decent morals you have the obligation not to field weapons like these, they mutilate targets for life. You can't simply say "well these terryists are evil so we can be too".

This is your mess, you got yourselves into it, don't go blinding people because they're demonstrating against the occupation. Stop playing the victim already.

1. I did not misquote you. Your quote appears EXACTLY as it is in your post. I altered NO words. I only quoted what I was replying to. Dont want a warning and all that.

2.The reason there opinion is not counted is because they have NO CIVILITY twards other people. Start loving thy neighbor and you might get some respect.

3. As a law abiding nation with decent morals(No country I know of, but I assume your talking about USA) We have the obligation to PROTECT ourselves from terrorism in ALL forms, and IMO, with ANY means necassary.

4. Have you lost your grip on reality? It was NOT an American that piloted those planes on 9-11. So we didnt get ourselves into it, but we sure as hell will get ourselves out of it. Im glad your gov doesnt hold the same positions you do, or there would be one more win for the terrorist ion the world. Just my opinion.

KF

[edit on 9/20/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Originally posted by Koka

I would like to add something a little more pertinent to the thread at hand, such as "I like cake."

Sorry, I was thinking out loud........I just get sick and tired of reading threads with such blatantly ignorant posts on them.

It starts off regarding a weapon that can blind, then some repugnant moron goes on about spraying pig blood, someone agrees with him, someone tries to remind them of their ethical and moral obligation and the thread goes on to talk about other fecking weapons.

Why don't people just stop trying to bully people into there way of living.

I don't give 2 fecks about any faith, it's all hypocritical tripe.

AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY IS THE CAUSE FOR THE CONFLICT THAT EXISTS IN THIS WORLD. and prior to that, UK Imperialistic attitudes.

Don't invent a cure, prevent the cause....!!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
1. You condensed the quote giving the impression I said something else.

2. They don't want respect, they want you to die. It's simple really.

3. Not by any means neccessary, you have obligations to uphold decent humanitarian rights and not to maim or torture your victims. This falls into the maim category.

4. ***9/11 CARD ALERT*** You didn't go to war with Iraq because of 9/11. You went due to the "weapons of mass destruction" and the "undeniable proof" you had that they existed.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

1. You condensed the quote giving the impression I said something else.

2. They don't want respect, they want you to die. It's simple really.

3. Not by any means neccessary, you have obligations to uphold decent humanitarian rights and not to maim or torture your victims. This falls into the maim category.

4. ***9/11 CARD ALERT*** You didn't go to war with Iraq because of 9/11. You went due to the "weapons of mass destruction" and the "undeniable proof" you had that they existed.

1. I didnt condense anything. I took out of your post exactly what I replied to. Nothing more. I believe people are capable of hitting the pgup button to read ALL of your original qoute.

2. You misunderstand me. They need to show respect. Untill then, they will be given none.

3. Well, I guess we shouldnt be using bullets in our guns either since that maims people most of the time as well. Lets not beat around the bush here. War is state sanctioned murder. I would rather have it be stat sanctioned disablement than state sanctioned murder. At least they can live to see thier mistakes and change thier views, or at the very least, serve as an example. Yes its harsh, but thats the cold hard facts.

4. If you think that the US gov actually went to war over WMD, then you do believe anything your fed. We went to war for TWO reasons, and neither of these were for WMD. The gov told us and everyone else that to make us scared. The first reason was so Haliburton, I.E Cheny could prosper, and the second reason was oil. This is just MY OPINION. I dont believe for 1 sec that this was for WMD. Do some research. If you need a push in the right directiopn, I wll post some links when I get home from class tonite. But I would prefer you found the info yourself, that way there can be no replies such as " Your leading me in the direction you want me to go." Do a google on Halliburton+billing to start with. The rest I will leave up to you.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

start wounding them, not killing them. If you can't even look at the US troops it's pretty hard to fight them.

Why blind them when they can just as easily be killed? A blind person can still hobble into a school and set off a bomb.

Can this weapon be used to have a wide angle of projection?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by nygdan
A blind person can still hobble into a school and set off a bomb.

My point exactly.
In essence we would be creating a horde of future suicide bombers.
Think about it they have nothing to live for bu still want to destroy American troops, doesent exactly take a rocket scientist to figure out what will happen next.

Also how exactly does creatinga nation of blind people lead to the creation of a stable and democratic Iraq? A man with no legs can accomplish uch more then a man with no eyes. What are we going to do when the war is over starthanding out prostetic eyes?

Is that pig bood thing really true because it sounds more like an urban legend then the truth. I really dont think anyone would follow a religion so stupid that requires absolutrly no physical contact with swine on fear of eternal damnation. Any muslimsout there care to fill me in on the real deal?

[edit on 20-9-2004 by boogyman]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is a non-thread. The Iraqi insurgents pretty much never march en masse to confront the US forces and this is not a trench warfare either.

They plant roadside bombs and snipe with AK's and RPG's. Hit and run.

By the time smoke clears, the is no clear target to lase. If an insurgent soldier is indeed located, he's as good as dead anyway, because the Amercians are much better snipers, that much is known. So there is no point in using blinders (which are a terrible idea anyway, it's a Pandora's box open).

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Not only will it piss them off more if you blind them as stated, it will also piss off others in their family that require a little push to make them just as nutty as the one you blinded. " Those American pigs!, they blinded Ali. Now I have to take care of him as well! I'll kill those pigs for taking away my brothers virgins!"

It's better to not bring this other form of warfare into the picture. You never know what these nuts will do if you start blinding them. For the most part they ARE crazy so it would most likely just make it worse. The theory is good though but I don't think it would work in the real world.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What's all of this talk of pig's blood? Are people Denying Ignorance, or Relying on Ignorance? The pig's blood, the Mecca, whatever; Allah understands if you have to make certain concessions for Him. Just like if Christians died before they had a chance to confess their sins, they still get into heaven. The rules are there to follow, if it is practical. Do you think the terrorists wouldn't of boarded the planes on 9/11 if they were covered in pig's blood? Jeez, I hope you people aren't of voting age.

Oh, and before you give me some story about Pershing and the bullets in pigs blood, Check SNOPES first. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
All this apologizing and sympathizing going on while the latest CNN headline is that another American has been beheaded by the Zarqawi jerks.

I'm in favor of the blinding laser weapon for Zarqawi and his ilk as long as the laser is transported on the tip of a 50 caliber round.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Allah understands if you have to make certain concessions for Him. Just like if Christians died before they had a chance to confess their sins, they still get into heaven. The rules are there to follow, if it is practical.

So Allah would have said thus and such. Thanks for the interpretation, curme. And the rules are there to follow, if it is practical? Sounds like an endorsement for the laser or anything else we might decide to use. Is it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join