It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gandhi's Top 10 Fundamentals for Changing the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

1. Change Yourself “You must be the change you want to see in the world.”

2. You are in Control “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

3. Forgive and let it go “An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.”

4. Without action you aren’t going anywhere “An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.”

5. Take care of this moment “I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care of the present. God has given me no control over the moment following.”

6. Everyone is human “It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.”

7. Persist “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

8. See the good in people and help them “I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.” “Man becomes great exactly in the degree in which he works for the welfare of his fellow-men.”

9. Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”

10. Continue to grow and evolve. ”Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.” textsource

The image was sent to me on Facebook a few minutes ago, as always the rich truth of Gandhi's teachings is always touching, so I wanted to share it with ATS. Lets change our world.

edit on 2-3-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
These fundamentals have been common sense for me. I understand why so many people cannot use or do these things in daily life.If everyone could, society as a whole would be peaceful and kind towards one another without the need for backstabbing a person to get as many people see as "getting ahead". It's a destructive system we live in. I have faith though. Many people are truly evolving but it will be a sufferable process with much pain needed to be understood and perceived with love.
edit on 2-3-2012 by jvm222 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join