It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

comedy writer for "Seinfeld" converts to Catholicism...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Tom Leopold's testimony is very well written (tee hee). Seriously, he speaks of how it happened, it touches your heart, it did me and shows once again, there are no coincidences.

whyimcatholic.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
He sounds like someone who was ambivalent about this Jewish faith. In a time when he was "broken" he read a book by a Christian (Catholic) and had a talk with some Christian biker, he felt he had been ministered to. He had.

He didn't talk about a religious experience or epiphany of truth. He doesn't talk about the faith of Catholicism or a life changing realization, but that he always thought Jesus was cool.

I think you're going to find, in the end, he's just as ambivalent with his new found religion as he was with his old. I do hope his daughter gets better, though.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
He sounds like someone who was ambivalent about this Jewish faith. In a time when he was "broken" he read a book by a Christian (Catholic) and had a talk with some Christian biker, he felt he had been ministered to. He had.

He didn't talk about a religious experience or epiphany of truth. He doesn't talk about the faith of Catholicism or a life changing realization, but that he always thought Jesus was cool.

I think you're going to find, in the end, he's just as ambivalent with his new found religion as he was with his old. I do hope his daughter gets better, though.

No one who converts to the faith is ambivalent. His "epiphany" is he discovered the Truth. Did you read his whole testimony?

Per chance, there in front of him was the author he had been reading,
a priest. It was no coincidence.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

His "epiphany" is he discovered the Truth. Did you read his whole testimony?

Yes, I did. Nowhere does he say he found "the truth." He was a very low point, "broken", he said. He found solace.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

No one who converts to the faith is ambivalent. His "epiphany" is he discovered the Truth.

One of my best friends in college back in the early 80s converted from Roman Catholicism to Judaism. Because he was in love with a Jewish girl.
They got married.

Just sayin'.
People "convert" for a variety of reasons. One other biggie is when they're in prison....jail works wonders in terms of converting people, lots of them become "born again."

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I get a feeling colbe is a Catholic by the way he/she said this guy found "the Truth" as if Catholicism is the one and only religion to follow, which is BS quite frankly. Especially because Christianity is the youngest of the three main religions by several thousand years. So hardly "the Truth" since it borrowed ideas from the other two plus from older religions such as Paganism.

Anyway, good for him I guess. Sounds more like a crisis in faith than a realisation of wakling the wrong path.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Especially because Christianity is the youngest of the three main religions by several thousand years. So hardly "the Truth" since it borrowed ideas from the other two plus from older religions such as Paganism.

Yes, colbe is a Catholic. But Christianity is not the youngest of the three main Abrahamic religions. It was between Judaism and Islam, by a few years.

There is evidence, however, that when Jesus Christ returned to India (after surviving and healing from the wounds of the crucixiion) and gathered adherents, Islam became the "new" way to glorify Christ. Go figure.

But, yeah, Islam is younger.
I don't know much about it yet, though, just the bare surface.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

There is evidence, however, that when Jesus Christ returned to India (after surviving and healing from the wounds of the crucixiion) and gathered adherents, Islam became the "new" way to glorify Christ. Go figure.

That makes a lot of sense. I have always been of the belief that Jesus didn't die on the cross, but was healed by those caravans of aloe brought to him.

John 19:39
He was accompanied by Nicodemus, the man who earlier had visited Jesus at night. Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds.

I read theories of him going to France with Mary Magdalene, and starting his church there, but I really like the India theory!

edit on 5-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I have always been of the belief that Jesus didn't die on the cross, but was healed by those caravans of aloe brought to him.

I recommend The Fifth Gospel, by Hassnain and Levi. It's available from amazon; it is also a 'print-on-demand' book....
but it gives some excellent data and references that can't be denied by historians.

(According to this book, Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea were the ones who made a bargain with Pilate, so he could credibly say 'he died', and meanwhile Nic and Joe got him down and nursed him back to health (with 100 pounds of an aloe balm mixed with other specialized ointments/substances).

top topics

join