It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes us successful?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
My dream is to be a recognised face within the media... but then I question myself... would being an Actor/Singer/Model be my way of being selfish and a way to gain revenue in the purpose of greed only?
My vision of success is jaded by the thought of fancy cars, properties and social groups although sub consciousness I know this is all wrong and the route I should be following is living from the land and letting go of the social norms.
My life has done a 190 degree spin recently and I am currently on the track for the first suggestion stardom... would I be happy continuing on this road? I feel guilty so bad within inside.. my gut feeling says I am doing the wrong thing... every minute I remind myself that this isn't the path that I want.
Why would I want to be in social groups where money has no value? Traditions aren't respected?! It's everyone for themselves?! This really confuses me as to why I'd want to go and continue down this path?!
I should be happy growing an apple tree and eated the matured apple (which I have done) and it no longer satisfies me...?!
What's your thoughts on happiness and real values?

Kostas = )

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
How do you turn a vision of positivity jaded by negativity into a positivity and negativity and feel like your doing the right thing?! I know I am going down the wrong route but I am attracted to money.... is it my lack of knowledge and the way I was raised?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

Success is putting your own selfish needs behind for the needs of others. Go run a Charity or Orphanage or something... I don't have the balls to do it Either. =)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Do what it is you have to do. Do not hold back for anyone. Success is achieving what you want to achieve regardless of what anyone else thinks or says. It's up to you. If you can smile at the end of the day, you have succeeded.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There's a difference between being an actor or a singer because you love acting or singing. Or being an actor or singer because you want to be famous. Narcissism is like eating yourself. It fills you for awhile but after awhile there's nothing left. Then there's the issue of, you could start out singing because you love to sing. Then if you become known it could bring a whole new set of problems. Because the fame could get in the way of the simple love of it, but at the same time become a lure of its own that you can't just put down. I think the luckiest performers are those who love what they're doing and whose feet are on the ground so they barely even notice the externals. People like Ray Charles come to mind. I don't know if he was like that, but he sure seemed that way to me.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What do you want to do? Do that... and if you can make a living at it, then you are successful.

Success is being happy about the way you live life. Possessions and stature do not equate happiness. If they did, you would not see rich people, movie and rock stars killing themselves or heading into self destruction.

I got a BS in Commercial Design in 1985. In 1987, I became the asst director of advertising for a major regional grocery chain. Had my own office, secretary, worked Monday through Friday....

Hated it.

Fast forward to 2012... I am an asst mngr of a farm and feed supply store, have my own farm, and raise prize winning meat goats...

Love it and I am happy.... thus, I am a success.

If you like acting, be an actor... and be a success. The money and fame is the gravy.

new topics

top topics

join