It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shedding Symbols. Free book about what God actually IS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I do a lot of reading of random, not big name books concerning philosophy and spirituality. This one is probably my new favorite. It was just "published" and it's free to download. It talks about what God might actually be (not just alpha and omega, or love, or other non-definitions). It talks about how free will could work and even touches on some sacred geometry. It's a short and simple read. I wonder what you all might think of it.

www.smashwords.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I'm interested in what this author's uncovered.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thanks. It's not like, crazy mind blowing, life-altering, stuff, but it is a refreshing philosophical read with an overall message of love that I can get behind. And it does make you kinda look at stuff a little different. It gets you thinking and that's never a bad thing

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Wow, I just loved this!

Most of his concepts are the same conclusions I've reached (only articulated far more eloquently!)

A couple of things blew me away, as they were realizations I've had only in the past day or two!

Do you know anything about the author? Does he have any other books?

Thank you so much for sharing this.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It was a bit interesting until the whole Christianity/JC thing came up in the book, that was a mistake...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Thanks for the link. I'm interested in what this author's uncovered.

2nd line.

That Christianity and JC are abused hoaxes ?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yeah. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole JC/Christian thing either. What I got out of it is that the author is saying "If some major Christin concepts are true, this is how they'd have to work" or something like that. I don't feel the overall "vibe" is too Christian, but he does bring up Jesus a few times, but I still think it's only to explain how Jesus wold have worked and what he would have spiritually been for. Kind of like a "Hey Christians, if you're going to say Jesus existed, at least really think about how that might have been possible and what it means rather than accept the stuff on blind faith."

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MakeSoap
Yeah. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole JC/Christian thing either. What I got out of it is that the author is saying "If some major Christin concepts are true, this is how they'd have to work" or something like that. I don't feel the overall "vibe" is too Christian, but he does bring up Jesus a few times, but I still think it's only to explain how Jesus wold have worked and what he would have spiritually been for. Kind of like a "Hey Christians, if you're going to say Jesus existed, at least really think about how that might have been possible and what it means rather than accept the stuff on blind faith."

Well yes, that is true but I'm a bit afraid that people can abuse this matter to show others that Christianity is the true religion and that nothing else has to be accepted. But this matter can also be used to show how Judaism or Islam works for example.

I guess I am becoming a little bit paranoid of reading all those conspiracys here on ATS hehe.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thanks for an interesting quick read. I'm always up for checking out the philosophy of others on life and spirituality. I found the read a bit simplistic in parts however. For instance I like the noble idea that we are all equal and not to be judged no matter what, but I can't help wondering how the author would really react to the perpetrator if say one of his loved ones was murdered in front of him.

I did like the concept of continuous living and dying in the different potentialities of ones life. I myself have at times thought I have died and moved to another place in time while essentially remaining in my same life. Very difficult scenario and sensation to describe. (Family and memories and place of being are still there but a sense of having moved into a different or more advanced timeline).

Not too sure about the God is imperfect concept, but in fairness the author suggests it could be viewed both ways, as in even with the imperfections of his creation, God can still be viewed as perfect in that he is the Gold Standard of measurement for perfection so to speak.

My mother used to say: "The universe is unfolding as it should." As for myself, not a day goes by that I don't see further evidence that God's plan is indeed perfect and it blows my mind every time.

All in all a good read with some eye opening concepts.

Thanks again OP.

Caroline

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Interesting I will have to check this out.
thanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
God isn't. Nothing IS.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I bet that GOD will be dissapointed in seeing that his "believes/words/teachings" have been used to make organizations and individuals so rich! I'm pretty sure that's not what he had in mind!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

God made the 'mind of man', so he could have a really good laugh.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I was raised Christian, but pretty much gave up on the idea of God entirely. I never liked that I did, but the concept of a sky man who watches us just seemed way to childish. The way this book describes what God would actually be like and how the concept is very complex, yet possible, well, it's got me thinking again.

new topics

top topics

join