It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Blue Da Ba Dee Da Ba Di

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Why did 6 people flag this thread?

ATS disappoints me these days.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

...I know right, me thinks its time for SLAYER! # yeahhh!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

OP...so, you seem not to have killed yourself over this song. How many of your friends killed themselves over over this song that, in YOUR words, " loved it.".

Epic fail

Here are the suicide statistics for the past 16 years. Suicides
Since around (1999-2000) there has been a slow but steady increase.

Coincidentaly, Eminem (#1 record selling hip hop artist in history) was putting out his first big music video (now that he was signed to Interscope).

His video " My Name is" came out January 21, 1999 and reached #1 by request. My name is

Eiffel 65's music video came out in April of 1999. Months later. Now compare both of these music videos.

Eminems "My name is" Youtube

Eiffel 65 "Blue (Da Ba Di)" Youtube

What do they have in common?

Pretty much everything.

I'll start with the obvious. The blue song is strange and has terrible graphics, while Eminems video is vibrant in color and of much better quality.
Its as if the "Blue" song was a transition phase, getting kids prepared for rap. Aliens have a bad rep anyways.

2 - Hip-hop is all about up tempo beats and dramatic bass lines. Eiffels song Blue is the same way.

So why rap?

If they can project messages on your subconsious with "da ba di"... imagine what they could do with rap music. And since Eminem (and most all of Hip Hop) is rated "Explicit" you can swear/cuss and blatantly say all the subliminals you want till the cows come home.

How does this relate to suicide? There was a song called "Gloomy Sunday" back in the 30's. It got banned in certain countries because people kept killing themselves to it. The suposed writer of the song even commited suicide.
Gloomy Sunday

Songs can be extremely influencial. Some make you want to cry and you dont even know why. Its rather rediculous. They use it in commericals too. With hip-hop getting world wide attention around 1999-2000, this opened the gates for all genres of music. Its not coincidental. Look at the kind of music released in the more recent years and look at the sucide chart. Steady increase. Find your genre, pick your poison.

In my case it went from the Blue song to Eminem. I'm 20 years old and finally realized what the hell they've been doing to my brain.

Deny however you please.......but they are NOT saying "da ba dee da ba di" and going #1 in 9 countries. Fear can produce amazing results when projected unknowingly.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
What's even more interesting is that musician Marylin Manson was blamed for influencing the Columbine Shooters.

Blame Manson

In Colorado, they protested his concerts.

But if you watched the music video for "My Name is" by Eminem previously, you would see Marylin Manson makes a 10 second appearance rapping one of Eminems Parts at the 3:21 mark.

Hmm.

Seems like a juicy conspiracy to me.
edit on 2-3-2012 by revolutionphase1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The lyrics to this the song is acutally,,,"if i was green i would die, if i was green i would die" since it was about a blue person duh...

Da ba dee,,, da ba die means if I was green I would die so there you have it watch the video it will prove that that is what the lyrics it talk about a blue person in his blue world and seeing everything in blue so ya watch it before you consider the lyrics are different haha...

edit on 2-3-2012 by Dare3 because: Since youtube link won't work just watch the I'm blue video on youtube to prove what he is saying...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by revolutionphase1

Originally posted by amongus

OP...so, you seem not to have killed yourself over this song. How many of your friends killed themselves over over this song that, in YOUR words, " loved it.".

Epic fail

Here are the suicide statistics for the past 16 years. Suicides
Since around (1999-2000) there has been a slow but steady increase.

Coincidentaly, Eminem (#1 record selling hip hop artist in history) was putting out his first big music video (now that he was signed to Interscope).

His video " My Name is" came out January 21, 1999 and reached #1 by request. My name is

Eiffel 65's music video came out in April of 1999. Months later. Now compare both of these music videos.

Eminems "My name is" Youtube

Eiffel 65 "Blue (Da Ba Di)" Youtube

What do they have in common?

Pretty much everything.

I'll start with the obvious. The blue song is strange and has terrible graphics, while Eminems video is vibrant in color and of much better quality.
Its as if the "Blue" song was a transition phase, getting kids prepared for rap. Aliens have a bad rep anyways.

2 - Hip-hop is all about up tempo beats and dramatic bass lines. Eiffels song Blue is the same way.

So why rap?

If they can project messages on your subconsious with "da ba di"... imagine what they could do with rap music. And since Eminem (and most all of Hip Hop) is rated "Explicit" you can swear/cuss and blatantly say all the subliminals you want till the cows come home.

How does this relate to suicide? There was a song called "Gloomy Sunday" back in the 30's. It got banned in certain countries because people kept killing themselves to it. The suposed writer of the song even commited suicide.
Gloomy Sunday

Songs can be extremely influencial. Some make you want to cry and you dont even know why. Its rather rediculous. They use it in commericals too. With hip-hop getting world wide attention around 1999-2000, this opened the gates for all genres of music. Its not coincidental. Look at the kind of music released in the more recent years and look at the sucide chart. Steady increase. Find your genre, pick your poison.

In my case it went from the Blue song to Eminem. I'm 20 years old and finally realized what the hell they've been doing to my brain.

Deny however you please.......but they are NOT saying "da ba dee da ba di" and going #1 in 9 countries. Fear can produce amazing results when projected unknowingly.

I repeat, have you or any of your friends committed suicide due to this song? have you or any of your friends committed suicide due to eminems songs? The whole song suicide theory is weak. Just like your thread. I still can't believe this is a topic.

I'm sorry, but they are saying da ba dee da ba di. Look up sha na na.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I dont know anyone personally, no. This doesnt discourage me from investigating the subject. I'm a conspiracy theorist damnit!

Anyways check this out.

"Adam's Song" by Blink 182 released September 5th, 2000.

The song caused a stir in 2000 when it was set to replay indefinitely on a nearby stereo as 17-year-old Greg Barnes, a survivor of the Columbine High School massacre, hanged himself in the garage of his family's home.[6] Hoppus, the song's writer, has insisted that the song is anti-suicide.

Wiki
Youtube with lyrics

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by revolutionphase1
reply to post by amongus

I dont know anyone personally, no. This doesnt discourage me from investigating the subject. I'm a conspiracy theorist damnit!

Anyways check this out.

"Adam's Song" by Blink 182 released September 5th, 2000.

The song caused a stir in 2000 when it was set to replay indefinitely on a nearby stereo as 17-year-old Greg Barnes, a survivor of the Columbine High School massacre, hanged himself in the garage of his family's home.[6] Hoppus, the song's writer, has insisted that the song is anti-suicide.

Wiki
Youtube with lyrics

ok, so if I were to commit suicide, I'd probably have a song playing myself. But that doesn't mean it's the song that makes you do it. A lot of the time people can only express their true feelings through lyrics and song. But the song doesn't make you do it. Unless you are listening to Ke$ha. Then ok. I see your point. Jk

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So your all telling me- that if you replay the song from the first page & you replace -

"Da ba Dee Da ba Di"

With:

1. I'm in need of a guy

or

2. I will bleed i will die

- that you cant hear either of those 2 phrases?? Why do you think this cant happen? How dare music project subliminal messages on our subconscious right?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by revolutionphase1

Based on what you say, I gather you were roughly in the 9 to 11 range in 1999? So, you probably see the techno era about the same way I see the neon, flashy, baggy-pants, pop-like rap music of 1990 or so. Basically I remember Salt n' Peppa, Color me Badd and TLC and not much more than Keenan and Kel on that ridiculous Nick show from the early-mid 90s with one strap of the overalls hanging down...and those bands you would slap your wrist with and they would curl around it. How I reacted to this cultural stimulous back then is probably about the same way you reacted to techno and trance in 99.....it was the in-thing, in spite of your age group, so others your age were sucked into the frenzy.

Techno was popular in Europe for a while and some of the club anthems migrated their way to New York, LA and Miami in the mid 90s, so we got "Rhythm is a dancer, you can feel it, people feel it..." and "Da bu da bu day, di da 'n day...this is your life, dancing free until the morning light..." and "Do you think you're better off alone..." I was in my later years of high school and just starting college - techno was the "in" party music and going to "raves" was the new thing, along with E and all that. Most of these groups were composed of people from European countries, such as Italy, where English is not a native language. A lot of times the lyrics were English sung by some chick from Amsterdam or a Czech guy or what have you.

I guess, what I'm trying to get at, is it doesn't seem necessarily the case that because you interpret nonsensical or meaningless strings of sounds to be bad candidates for worldwide popularity, you have to remember that from the stand point of all these non-English speaking Europeans, it wouldn't have mattered if it was English or gibberish. Also, let's not forget that 2004 song, "Numa Numa Yeah" or whatever, which was popular all over the place and spawned native-reworkings of the lyrics...in Brazil, the words were changed to mean "There's a party in my apartment today" (sounds right in Portuguese), but the Romanian lyrics were just catchy to a person who couldn't speak Romanian. Probably the same impetus behind those Spanish chicks around the same time taking "Rapper's delight" (I said a hip, hop, a hippy, a hippy to the hip hip drop and you don't stop, with a bang bang boogie and a up jumps the buggie to the rhythm of the buggety beat), but just made nonsensical spanish sounds with it.

Example (start watching at about 30 or 40 seconds, and look at the subtitles - sounds like Rapper's Delight, but it's just gibberish in spanish)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by revolutionphase1

Yes, and if you play Stairway to Heaven backwards, you will worship Satan...sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I alway heard:
"I'm blue,
if I was green I would die,
if i was green,
im blue if i was green i would die"

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Blue, dubstep remix.

LOVE this.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i always thought

if i was green i would die

or

if i od'd i would die

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I hear "I'm a blue diva and I will die" so it is obvious the Columbine student thought he was a diva... but I do like the beat...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figzer
I loved that song as a kid. Oddly enough, the song made me happy rather than depressed.

if you were a kid back then.. 7-10 yrs old.. you're.... pretty much still a kid now lol...

just sayin...

<< 1   >>

join