It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Blue Da Ba Dee Da Ba Di

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The purpose of this thread is to analyze one song.
Here it is in HQ w/ lyrics ( i will get to the REAL music video later)

I'm Blue

Most lyric websites and youtube videos claim the chorus goes like this:

"I'm blue/Da ba dee da ba di Da ba dee da ba di da ba dee da ba dee da ba di "

Seem's pretty simple for a song that went #1 in 9 countries, not including the U.S

All the song seems to be about it a guy who is blue, sad, depressed, and everthing around him is blue.
His world, the people, his car, his clothes etc. Why did this song become so popular?

Lets dive a little deeper....

Here is what Wikipedia says about the song:

The producers of the song then came up with the idea for a dance song. Jey stated his inspiration for the lyrics were on how a person picked his lifestyle. The color blue as the main topic of the song was picked at random, with Lobina telling him to write nonsensical lyrics.[3] Lobina came up with the "da ba dee" hook at the end of this line.

So a world wide popular song was based off random nonsensical lyrics? Hmm. Lets continue.

Due to the heavy beat and distorted nature of these vocals, it appears to the ear as an oronym, causing this specific line to be commonly misheard

The specific line referring to "Da ba dee - da ba di ".

What could be misheard about this line? I thought they were simple nonsensicle lyrics?

I have created 4 phrases that i want you to replace "Da be dee - da ba di" with. Go back and listen to the song, and when the chorus drops, read these new lyrics in place of the old ones. Take your time and REALLY listen to each new phrase i've created.

1. I believe i will die
2. I will bleed i will die
3. If that was me i would die
4. I'm need of a guy (for the girl listeners)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This song was released by the Italian group Eiffel 65, to the United States on April 14th, 1999.
6 days before the Columbine Massacre. (If that was me i would die??)

Here is the description of the music video released for the song:

In the video, lead singer Jeffrey Jey is abducted by blue aliens during a concert. The aliens then proceed to leave Earth with him. Group members Maurizio Lobina and Gabry Ponte give chase in their own small spacecraft, and eventually both ships arrive on the blue aliens' planet via a portal. It is then shown that the Jey was abducted to perform in a concert for the aliens, performing the same song he was about to sing when he was taken. He slowly realises that the crowd is composed of blue aliens and becomes increasingly concerned. After fighting off a number of alien guards using martial arts and several energy-based, psionic abilities the pursuing members succeed in rescuing their lead singer. While leaving the planet, they are asked to return by the aliens. They oblige, and spend the remaining duration of the video by performing a concert for the blue-skinned extraterrestrials.

The events in the video share no relation to the song's lyrical content.

wikipedia

WTF? Aliens?

Overall theory

So we have this song that's crazy popular all over the globe. Me personally as a kid, would wait all day for this song to be played on "Radio Disney". All my friends loved it. Why? Now i think i know the answer.

Using advanced techniques, the creators of this song were able to manipulate multiple phrases that your brain would log, without you even knowing it. The song in general is about being blue/sad. Whatever current mood your in = sad, depressed, suicidal, scared, fear, miss somone, want somone etc - this song will appeal to you. And you wont even know why. Wikipedia tried to cover it up by saying the distorted vocals may create other versions of the chorus. Bull. This phrase is a science expirement for the human ears and it worked. Not only does it subliminally fill people with depressed thoughts...it possibly even caters to girls in need of a boyfriend,love, sex etc. Not to mention parents who are affected as well, playing this for their kids.

The song is basically a glamorization of sadness, suicide and fear. If they can do that with seemingly "nonsensicle lyrics"......who knows what they've been doing to music for the past 10 + years after 1999....without us even knowing.

(there may very well be tons more subliminal phrases that match da-ba-dee, i could only come up with four)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I loved that song as a kid. Oddly enough, the song made me happy rather than depressed.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
After hours of research into this depressing subliminal suicidal # song,...how are you still alive??

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

1. I believe i will die

I keep hearing da ba dee.

sorry

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
One thing is for sure you are right about Disney and hidden messeges.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Originally the lyrics were "I'm blue, if I was green I would die" but the lyrics were changed because the message was not a positive one. Imagine if others followed suit.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I do have to admit, this song always made me happy.

You even said yourself that you would wait for it to come on.

Now I hear what you are saying and as someone who enjoys musical engineering, I will say that yes although the modulation makes it spell out a lot of phrases. However the music is upbeat and happily melodic so even though we may hear negative things, we still respond to the upbeat music, all the while hearing satanic types of phrases.

The only thing is this isn't a phenomena within the song its within your mind. You have stumbled upon something most people ignore and that's the fact our brains will fit any sensible words into non sensible gabber.

I can't tell you how many time mere sounds and melodies in songs sound like phrases to me.

I love the idea of this thread but I think you may want to look into what makes your mind to this, and trust the fact that da ba dee da ba dy is just a catchy end line.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Figzer

I too felt extremely happy playing this song, as im sure millions do as well.
However, if he is saying: "I'm in need of a guy" then why did he earlier say "I have a girlfriend & she is so blue" ??

Same process. Even though this song makes people happy, its opposite effect is achieved through subliminal means.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'll bite...

Or maybe it was just another play on this song...

...which is another take on another song, and another...you get the picture.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionphase1

I too liked this song, I thought they were singing "I'm in need of a Guide." or "I'm in need of a God."

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
its actually "if i was green i would die, if i was green i would die"

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Plus being that EDM always has very highly affected sounds.

Natural sounds don't play too much into dance music, unless it is meant to be a natural type of dance like House.

However Eiffel 65 was more or less techno which is mostly electronics sounds, that must have artificial sound effects added to give them real life sounding, well, sound lol.

This is done by adding gates, delays, phases, filters, etc.

I can take a plain tone and turn it into a voice, all it takes is modulation.

This is why your brain hears those phrases, because the rhyme, and da ba dee da ba dy is not definable to your mind.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by revolutionphase1
The purpose of this thread is to analyze one song.
Here it is in HQ w/ lyrics ( i will get to the REAL music video later)

I'm Blue

Most lyric websites and youtube videos claim the chorus goes like this:

"I'm blue/Da ba dee da ba di Da ba dee da ba di da ba dee da ba dee da ba di "

Seem's pretty simple for a song that went #1 in 9 countries, not including the U.S

All the song seems to be about it a guy who is blue, sad, depressed, and everthing around him is blue.
His world, the people, his car, his clothes etc. Why did this song become so popular?

Lets dive a little deeper....

Here is what Wikipedia says about the song:

The producers of the song then came up with the idea for a dance song. Jey stated his inspiration for the lyrics were on how a person picked his lifestyle. The color blue as the main topic of the song was picked at random, with Lobina telling him to write nonsensical lyrics.[3] Lobina came up with the "da ba dee" hook at the end of this line.

So a world wide popular song was based off random nonsensical lyrics? Hmm. Lets continue.

Due to the heavy beat and distorted nature of these vocals, it appears to the ear as an oronym, causing this specific line to be commonly misheard

The specific line referring to "Da ba dee - da ba di ".

What could be misheard about this line? I thought they were simple nonsensicle lyrics?

I have created 4 phrases that i want you to replace "Da be dee - da ba di" with. Go back and listen to the song, and when the chorus drops, read these new lyrics in place of the old ones. Take your time and REALLY listen to each new phrase i've created.

1. I believe i will die

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This song was released by the Italian group Eiffel 65, to the United States on April 14th, 1999.
6 days before the Columbine Massacre. (If that was me i would die??)

Here is the description of the music video released for the song:

In the video, lead singer Jeffrey Jey is abducted by blue aliens during a concert. The aliens then proceed to leave Earth with him. Group members Maurizio Lobina and Gabry Ponte give chase in their own small spacecraft, and eventually both ships arrive on the blue aliens' planet via a portal. It is then shown that the Jey was abducted to perform in a concert for the aliens, performing the same song he was about to sing when he was taken. He slowly realises that the crowd is composed of blue aliens and becomes increasingly concerned. After fighting off a number of alien guards using martial arts and several energy-based, psionic abilities the pursuing members succeed in rescuing their lead singer. While leaving the planet, they are asked to return by the aliens. They oblige, and spend the remaining duration of the video by performing a concert for the blue-skinned extraterrestrials.

The events in the video share no relation to the song's lyrical content.

wikipedia

WTF? Aliens?

Overall theory

So we have this song that's crazy popular all over the globe. Me personally as a kid, would wait all day for this song to be played on "Radio Disney". All my friends loved it. Why? Now i think i know the answer.

Using advanced techniques, the creators of this song were able to manipulate multiple phrases that your brain would log, without you even knowing it. The song in general is about being blue/sad. Whatever current mood your in = sad, depressed, suicidal, scared, fear, miss somone, want somone etc - this song will appeal to you. And you wont even know why. Wikipedia tried to cover it up by saying the distorted vocals may create other versions of the chorus. Bull. This phrase is a science expirement for the human ears and it worked. Not only does it subliminally fill people with depressed thoughts...it possibly even caters to girls in need of a boyfriend,love, sex etc. Not to mention parents who are affected as well, playing this for their kids.

The song is basically a glamorization of sadness, suicide and fear. If they can do that with seemingly "nonsensicle lyrics"......who knows what they've been doing to music for the past 10 + years after 1999....without us even knowing.

(there may very well be tons more subliminal phrases that match da-ba-dee, i could only come up with four)

(face palm). What's next, you analyzing skat as well? You have to be kidding me

"popular around the globe". Yes, 13 years ago.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ok I admit it I had to watch it now, I bet You-tube's views for this song just went up lmao.

Gotta love the awkward two-step he does lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ummm....ever listen to dillon or many others....

A lot of people have claimed to write nonsynsial crap just to see if it would actually SELL....i mean have you actually HEARD any of the music now days? MOST of it makes no sense......

No conspiracy here...........

Some people try too hard
edit on 2-3-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
And, you don't seem to analyze any other song except this one? You THINK it might say "I believe I would die". Have you not heard nirvanas "I hate myself and want to die?". I don't see you digging into this song. Not to mention the hundreds of other songs that have death as their focus.

I'm blown away that someone could make a thread on this.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Lol and it also would seem that they were getting ready to perform from Africa when he was rapper-napped

OBAMA DID IT!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

edit on 2-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Ummm....ever listen to dillon or many others....

A lot of people have claimed to write nonsynsial crap just to see if it would actually SELL....i mean have you actually HEARD any of the music now days? MOST of it makes no sense......

No conspiracy here...........

Some people try too hard
edit on 2-3-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

i think the OP was just using this song to show that even mindless lyrics based on nothing can cause our brains to think things out of non sense. i.e. if this can do it, then surely songs by dillon, nirvana, who ever else you guys are talking about. are even more influential.

i dont think the authro was tryign to make something out of nothing. Unless i read this entire post wrong....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
[quoteMe personally as a kid, would wait all day for this song to be played on "Radio Disney". All my friends loved it.

OP...so, you seem not to have killed yourself over this song. How many of your friends killed themselves over over this song that, in YOUR words, " loved it.".

Epic fail

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join