It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is insane. It must have hit a huge spike, or someone with a lot of twitter followers tweeted about it. We've gone from 550-650 in under 5 minutes @_@

Edit: Every 30 seconds to a minute we're seeing a spike of 25-50 it seems. Everyone should log on and watch their wave unit. This might happen faster than you expect.
edit on 9-3-2012 by neogia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Two new tweets from tapjoint

"Failure is not an option. Need more wave unit orders. #tapjoint"

and

"The resistant is growing. 1000 orders = revolution. #tapjoint

another

Keep the orders coming. The revolution is imminent. #tapjoint
edit on 9-3-2012 by ragiusnotiel because: (no reason given)

another

Looks like it's going to be one expletive of a night, indeed. #tapjoint
edit on 9-3-2012 by ragiusnotiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Is anybody else getting excitied?
lol

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I swear to you all, after the amount of work we've put into this, if this is an ad for something like Bubble-Yum I'm going to throw a brick through a window.
We're almost there! Prepare to Illuminate!

Excellent! It's been real everyone!
edit on 10-3-2012 by phantompower because: Goodbyes are never easy

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
IT'S ALMOST HERE

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
this feels like adult swim. possibly from the same creators of the venture bros.
edit on 9-3-2012 by pflan87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
W T F

Not even a name? bleh. I mean interesting culmination, but... grrrrrr

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Can someone please shed some light on what the **** that was lol?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
*goes into the shed and lets out a huge scream*

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So what is it? A cartoon? For adults? I doubt it's for kids. Or a game? wtf? or maybe nothing?

I DON'T GET IT.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well, even though that was interesting, I'm fairly disappointed in the culmination of this entire thing. It was crazy how fast the user numbers spiked at the end, though! Wow! I guess we've squeezed out all of the information of this thing that we can. Guess now is just another waiting game until we find out what the actual name of series is (I'm guessing right now we can just call it TapJoint.)

EDIT:
Interestingly enough, after typing that string of characters into the tapkit, it gave me the "Command not valid" response, only this time encoded in key fifteen rather than fourteen or sixteen. How interesting...perhaps the next venture is for the developers to give us another person to talk to on key fifteen...Dr. Loman, maybe!

@tapjoint: The revolution is only the beginning.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Herlayu because: no reason

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
WE HAVE EXTRA CITRUS NEED LUMBER....Im not sure if i've noticed nothing but i decided to jott down the digits he mentioned in the video, 3/5 2/2 2/5 4/1
and 3/3 3/3 3/3 xxx , Now if you look on type 14 and 16 all the 3s spell OOO , KKK , OK OK OK

I also typed in from the 3/5 2/2 2/5 4/1 using 16 which is - x/z , D , I , W .
type 14 is R,P,L,T .

When i typed this and sent it i received this MGGO - L - GCMB - KVNE - JG - DWFK - SLDE.

OK so i repeated on keyboard the above letters and received this back - GHPEH VMHEVPB

Im not sure what this is or if its just saying try again in a round about way, Im wondering if there is more to it than we have first thought?
edit on 10-3-2012 by intuitive because: (no reason given)

THIS IS THE DOTS FROM THE END OF THE FILM.....

** / ** / **** / ** / *** / ** / ***** / *** / ** / *** / **

***** / **** / * / ***** / ** / ***** / **** / **** / ** / **

* / * / ***** / ***** / *** / ** / ** / ** / ***

EACH LINE IS THE LINE IT WAS WRITTEN IN BEFORE ALL THE OTHER DOTS START APPEARING LIKE MATRIX NUMBERS. ( SO TO SPEAK )

Not sure if it means anything but atleast it's here for future reference.

edit on 10-3-2012 by intuitive because: UPDATES AS GOING ALONG

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well..after watching it a second time.. I noticed the dots at the very end .. 4/2 3/2 5/3 4/3 5/3 2/2 4/2 3/2 5/3 2/3 2/5 4/1 5/2 5/4 4/2 2/1 1/5 5/3 2/2 2/3 ...Then use Key 15

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefkiller

you mean to tap those in as normal? Did you get the numbers from the dots? how did you work it/them out?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by intuitive

I just added the dots together, and tried to use Key 14 (not typing) but didn't see anything from it.. So I went to Key 15 , and just wrote down from there, and it spells a message.. but from there I don't see anything else...yet

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The message is "The weather is not clear". Not sure why you wouldn't just say that, the point of posting here is to solve things and show it so we don't all have to solve it repeatedly.

And yeah, I'm seeing shades of Adult Swim/Venture Bros here. Also a bit of the game Shank's art style, but it's just the way all those things are animated.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed with the product, but the problem with ARGs is people tend to build them up to near mythical things, impossible things that they can never deliver on. An adult cartoon isn't the worst thing in the world, seems like they at least have an interesting world set up, especially if they feel willing to give out this many characters beforehand. I'm wondering what the name of the show will be, I don't think Tapjoint is the best name, but it is one all the players would immediately recognize and perhaps give a chance to when they see it on.

I would like to thank the creators of the Tapjoint website for keeping the length pretty short. I'm sure that didn't give a ton of time to gather the support they wanted, but it wasn't dragged out for months just to see the preview cartoon. I think we should all be happy about that.
Plus, seeing how much effort they put into this, I'm reasonably hopeful they'll do something equally fun closer to the premier, or even alongside the show, with clues built in (which would be pretty unique).

I did have fun playing with everyone here, and I'll very likely give the show a chance, I just hope it lives up to all the intricacies and mature topics (like burying babies by permit) we've semi-gleaned from the game.

I'm wondering if this will be a web-series though, or an actual TV show. Considering the small amount of wave units they wanted (only 1000), and very likely bumped up the speed near the end, it doesn't seem like the marketing would really be considered a success for a TV show. If its a web-series on the other hand, its very hard to get people interested in something like that, so I'd say it worked out well there.

To the people who will inevitably feel shocked/disappointed/angry/etc and curse the creator for leading them to a show, you had to know it was for some sort of product. We pretty much gathered that information a few days ago that the whole site was made by an advertising company. The "just for fun" games don't tend to advertise themselves on StumbleUpon and /Film.

I am disappointed I had to miss all the fun and excitement of getting a wave unit and helping the cause climb up to 1000.

EDIT: So who wants to discuss the things we actually saw in the video vs what we learned from the game? I'll type up what I saw/think I saw/imagined tomorrow morning. It is power down right now, after all....
edit on 10-3-2012 by Ubiquitous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ubiquitous

Well, I was the one who discovered the Deetleman Frank card, so seeing and hearing the character was pretty B.A.

Is it safe to assume that the old woman reminiscing about her youth and killing that guy is Emerson?

And where does Roger Moore come into all of this? I discovered his card too wayyy back in the day (3 days ago). I didn't hear him mentioned.

I wasn't really disappointed at all, considering the fact that I was expecting an ad for toothpaste or some BS.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Has anybody spoken to knobs yet? , Do you have to have a mobile to talk on keyboard 16? I have the grids for 14,15,16 but this is where i get confused i can use the tap which is 14, and i can get onto using my keyboard but theres 3 types, Could somebody please just clear this up for me? .

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by intuitive
Has anybody spoken to knobs yet? , Do you have to have a mobile to talk on keyboard 16? I have the grids for 14,15,16 but this is where i get confused i can use the tap which is 14, and i can get onto using my keyboard but theres 3 types, Could somebody please just clear this up for me? .

You seem to be having some trouble. Try this:

Follow this link to Key 15

Using Key 15, tap in "TYPE SIXTEEN". When you do this correctly, you will get a message saying "keyboard enabled". Now you can use your keyboard instead of tapping, and you are talking to Knobs on Key16.

Type the message "will you trade for pomegranates" and press Enter.

That should do it.
edit on 10-3-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Just did a little research. I think this is the show talked about here: mashable.com...
Everything seems in order for this to be correct. Give it a read and let's discuss.
edit on 3/10/2012 by GoodDocGonzo because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join