It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I've been tracking this since yesterday and read through this entire thread. Good stuff.

The wiki mentions it, but it's good to point out you can switch from key 14 to key 16 by typing the key-14-translation of k15:"TYPE SIXTEEN", which is k14:"SGAQ TLBSQQV".

However switching from key 16 to key 14 doesn't work yet, even though k15:"TYPE FOURTEEN" is definitely k16:"HONK IYUTHKKD". This is another indication that everything in key 16 is still broken.

... anything to do less tapping
edit on 9-3-2012 by EisforElephant because: added reason why i care

edit on 9-3-2012 by EisforElephant because: type, not key

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I've been listening to these radio broadcasts and they all have emphasis on illumination night. Today is illumination day but the festivities are at night. Due to the name, I'd guess after sunset but what's more is after power down. No electricity + No sun = Darkness. Darkness + the 'New Beacon' (and probably candles and whatnot) = a ceremony.

I predict the site (specifically code sixteen) goes live at 8:15 EST.

That said, we should listen to each broadcast and make sure this doesn't go the way of "War of the Worlds" (We interrupt this bland, recycled sound clip to explain everything!)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Was there a 12:30 broadcast? Didn't hear one unless I missed it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomatogoatee
Hey everyone. First time poster and, depending on what is revealed today, likely last time poster. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has compiled a list of the radio broadcast scripts. I didn't see mention of it in the thread, but they happen every half-hour, so all you need to do is adjust the clock on your computer accordingly. I don't know if they repeat or if there's 48 individual broadcasts, but it might be worth investigating.

When I get home from work this evening (and provided today's update doesn't prove to be a buzzkill) I'll start working on transcribing the broadcasts over on the tapjoint.wikia.com site.

Edit:
The 0730 broadcast seems to be the same (after two listens). It mentions that it's a beautiful morning with a slight breeze and that there's a lumber shortage.

I'm not able to do it right now, but could someone ask "What is causing the lumber shortage" for me? Otherwise, I'll wait until I get to work.
edit on 9-3-2012 by tomatogoatee because: 0730 broadcast

Since there's been a lot of talk about the radio broadcasts, and also since there's nothing for us to do right now until communications on key 16 are made available, this might be a good time to release a resource I've been working on.

I set up a separate computer (one of my Linux servers) to have the TapJoint website open at all times and capture the radio broadcasts on the half hour, which is when they occur in the morning and evening. So far, I have a total of 26 unique broacasts (and a lot of silence and creaking chair noises since the broadcasts don't always seem to occur).

I don't think there's anything important in the radio broadcasts, but you can find out for yourselves. I ripped them to mp3 format and put them all in one ZIP file.

Tapjoint Broadcasts

To the game creators reading this post, how you like me now?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

I wish I could give you a whole wheelbarrow of STARS........

Des

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the broadcasts! That is awesome! I keep missing the broadcasts and notice I've missed them at like 12:02 and 1:31! I was thinking of ways we could spread the word to get our 1000 waveunit users ready for the revolution. I'm at work so I cant do much, but I put together this quick video to promote people getting involved

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Peanuts is involved
By the way... I finally figured out who the voice in the background is...

CHARLIE BROWNS TEACHER!!!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I listened through all the radio transmissions, Asked a few questions about some of them and there's nothing new at that I found at all......

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I asked it when illumination day is and it said "a few days away", so I'm a little confused if the program is running on a clock that filters out responses. It doesn't seem like it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Its still telling me march ninth......

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Seems like we have to wait until March 9th (which is here) AND we have to have 1000 users....so I guess we're screwed for a bit....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I got a bit impatient and it told me of for being rude!

ooops

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by flabbyslaggy
reply to post by boncho

Seems like we have to wait until March 9th (which is here) AND we have to have 1000 users....so I guess we're screwed for a bit....

Where did you read that? You don't know if 1000 users actually means US. I think it has something to do with the radio, as someone previously said.

20:15

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well its march ninth here and its 20:20...... nothing new yet.....

Q:where is the revolution going to be situated
A:right here
edit on 3/9/2012 by justcurious31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I don't know about the developers, but I think you're a god among men, my friend! Excellent work on ripping these casts.

Wow, 26 separate casts? Time to start combing through 'em. (Though I don't think we need to dig TOO deep... So far the "puzzles" put forth in this particular ARG have been less than daunting... I mean, granted this isn't "I love bees" or "Lost Experience", but I'd love to see some real meat-and-potatoes puzzles!)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well, I waited to see if anypeep was going to sample the background noises. One grabbed the radio stuff and sent that but I was wanting to know more of the slowed down stuff. So I did a shot at it and to me its seems to be one and two times slow. Then it starts to sound like it is backwards. I cant figure out how to make Audacity play it that way so am stumped at this point.
Does seem like its talking tho. Just in reverse and short phrases. Oh well

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomatogoatee

I don't know about the developers, but I think you're a god among men, my friend! Excellent work on ripping these casts.

Thanks! Some days, I just love being a total geek.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I've started transcribing the recordings provided by InTheFlesh. here's what I have so far. (I'll be adding as I get them finished.) Also, I don't know how to add pages to the wiki, so if someone would be so kind as to add these there as well, I'd be grateful.

01: Good morning to you, listeners. Organizers are reporting construction of the final Illumination Day beacon is near completion. As one citizen put it, "It's going to be one

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I haven't mentioned it before because I didn't want to split hairs, but now I will
:
We keep calling these radio broadcasts, but radio -> waves and waves -> dangerous. OFOE mentions that Wire 6 plays every half hour. This is a Tapjoint- a way to listen in (or communicate) on a wire.

I think Wire Six is a physical Wire- one that goes into every home a la 1984. I think the marks on the map are places that revolutionaries congregate that have been identified by AMP because there's been tampering with the wires- tapjoints. But in reality, you could make a tapjoint anywhere, hook up your tap kit, and communicate in your key.

Why are wave units revolutionary? Because you no longer need the Wires. You don't need AMP. You are liberated from infrastructure.

Other notes:
I added the Broadcast transcriptions to the wiki as requested.
We should ask about wires- what they're for and how to switch between them.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crow1170

As I was typing up the broadcasts, I started thinking the EXACT same thing about Wire Six being a physical wire connection to the 'radio'... I guess it's the static that kept me thinking that.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join