It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hahaha, they're on to us!

Yesterday they edited the tapjoint.swf file and if you download that file and try to play the game offline, the cheats don't appear to work. Luckily I still have the old tapjoint.swf file and it seems to work fine with the cheats.

EDIT: I will decompile the new tapjoint.swf file and see where they've made changes.

EDIT: They only changed about a dozen or so lines. But I can't really tell what they did because the code is so obscure.
edit on 4-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The changes had to have been done in just the past few hours. I didn't download the files until this afternoon and they work with the "cheats."

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Actually it may have been a few hours ago if the server times are close to EST time, because it's just past 12am EST and I just looked at the date, which said yesterday.

As for fixing the source and recompiling the SWF, from what I've read it seems like it's going to be an almost impossible task, so I'm not going to bother given that I don't think it will help much anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Well it seems like it's clear that they're reading our posts. In that case they know about what we've found. So if the code is a legitimate error they know it needs to be fixed. If it remains the same then we know that we have to find or wait for a trigger that allows us to actually use key 16.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Yeah I guess we will have to wait and see what they do. If they do fix the supposed bug then I wont be able to use the cheats with the new version. Damn you TapJoint creators!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Yeah I guess we will have to wait and see what they do. If they do fix the supposed bug then I wont be able to use the cheats with the new version. Damn you TapJoint creators!

Is it possible to decompile the new SWF and check if the code regarding the CHEATENABLED variable and the string "asdf" with the missing comma has been altered in any way? This would tell us if there indeed was a bug in that area that has been fixed.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yeah, if you want to post the new file in its decompiled form, I could just take a gander at what they changed.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

No I checked to see if they fixed it, but they hadn't. They added one line which appeared to make the cheats not work, and the rest of the lines just looked to be updates to the response engine. If you guys really want to check what they did you can decompile it at www.showmycode.com... and then use WinMerge to see the changes.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Actually, they haven't disabled the normal cheat options. What ever they did seems to make the devcheat option not work. Not sure why they did that, probably because it does more than just increase the speed of messages.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well, I think maybe those who suggested that a portion of the game is not complete or not available right now may have been correct.

I couldn't resist, so I looked at the decompiled source code for the main SWF file that handles queries. There is a "front end" that handles specific keywords and a "back end" that catches all sorts of other phrases you type.

The front end is separated into 3 sections for keys 14, 15, and 16. The section for key 14 is huge and has the bulk of the responses and events. The section for key 15 is small and handles when the user enters "type fourteen" or "type sixteen". The section for key 16 is EMPTY!

Here is the code:

The condition if (this.us.key == 1) is to check if we are talking on key 15.
The condition if (this.us.has(19, 401) is for keyword 19 ("type") and keyword 401 ("fourteen").
The condition if (this.us.has(19, 1062) is for keyword 19 ("type") and keyword 1062 ("sixteen").

The condition if (this.us.key == 2) is to check if we are talking on key 16.
You can see that there is a trace marker but there are no conditional responses for key 16. There is only one default event, which probably takes you to the default junk responses we've all been getting on key 16.

However, I could easily be missing something. It would take more time and I'm not gonna bother with it. My guess is that the creator plans to pace the game and update it as it progresses.

Also, the reason that obscenities are the only input in key 16 that give a unique response is because prior to any of the events from a string that is entered, there is code to catch vulgarities and bail with a response no matter what key you are talking on. Here is the code:

The condition if (this.us.has(2000)) is to check for obscenities. 2000 is the word ID returned by the check-words.asp engine for all curse words.

Sorry to go code-geek on everyone. I'm gonna crack a beer and wait for some updates throughout the week.

edit on 5-3-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So uhhh... I decided to try typing in random names to see if I could get any information cards. I found a new one

Ask: Who is Frank

New person! Deetleman Frank! Winsauce.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeuxRag
So uhhh... I decided to try typing in random names to see if I could get any information cards. I found a new one

Nice find! Great guess. Everyone say hello to Frank.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Could Frank be the person handing you certain items? (The pomegranates, coins, patched, dogtags etc.) Are we Frank? I'm pretty sure we're in Sah's noodle house from the menu and the cold onion noodles we're given.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Nice analysis, I am impressed you were able to connect the word ID's to those numbers. It seems we will have to wait a while before we can play the next part of the game. It annoys me that we had to actually look at the code to work that out though, it should be something that is made clear in the game so people aren't wasting hours of their time.

reply to post by DeuxRag

lol, I can't believe you actually guessed one of the names correctly. I tried that for about 20 minutes but came up with nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
You guys are never gunna believe this...

So I googled "common last names"...

Started typing them in one by one...

Not even ten down I find another.

Roger Moore. This time we may have found a new organization. YX?

I'm on a roll tonight!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

You guys are never gunna believe this...

So I googled "common last names"...

Started typing them in one by one...

Not even ten down I find another.

Roger Moore. This time we may have found a new organization. YX?

I'm on a roll tonight!

Holy smokes!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Type in "Show me the book"

Can't figure out what it is, but I'm finding a lot of nifty stuff tonight.

I'll post more when I find it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Hmmm the first thing that I think of with "YX" are the male sex chromosomes. Maybe it's some kind of male dominance organization? Or could be it stands for something else. The more we find out the less sense all of this makes...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eidus
reply to post by BruceWayne

Curious may i ask what makes you think its for one of those companies specifically? This seems a bit much for even their viral tendencies. We all know those things are coming out why go through and entire mysterious post apocalyptic ARG for a phone?

There's no doubt I could be wrong, and I apologise if I seemed to be being specific.
I came to the conclusion that it might have to do with some sort of 'revolution in communication devices' as these days we "tap" screens to communicate and the game fits that description too.
A quick telecommunication product release Google for March 9th brought up several hits and I randomly selected two of the bigger players' new releases as they would have the resources to produce a game like this.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by override9636

One of the radio reports made reference to a Youth Auxiliary event in SteamTown...Youth Auxiliary=YX maybe??

D'oh just seen the post by In the Flesh, which has a pic of Roger Moores info card.

edit on 5-3-2012 by joewalker because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2012 by joewalker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join