It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well, I have good news and bad news.

The good news: I finally figured out why we can't talk on key sixteen.

The bad news: I think it's intentional, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Take a look at this url; it's the outgoing url when you're typing in key sixteen:

www.tapjoint.com...

Looks like the developers just threw in jibberish at the beginning of every transmission under key sixteen. "asdf" is fuxing up the word checker.

Edit: Oh dear, I believe I've just stumbled down the rabbit hole. We can use the xml return to see what all kinds of different words mean and their responses. If the id's are sequential, then there are at least 1400 trigger words @_@ My day is now officially shot.
edit on 4-3-2012 by neogia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neogia
Looks like the developers just threw in jibberish at the beginning of every transmission under key sixteen. "asdf" is fuxing up the word checker.
That could be how it knows if you're talking in key 16. I'll have to take a closer look at it.

And here is a simple html page a scripted to let us easily convert to and from key 14 and key 16.
www.filedropper.com...
edit on 4-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neogia

Holy hell.... 1400? Wow well lets hope we aren't just missing a massive set of clues and they are going to be released over time. How could we run the checks through that xml to see if we can find some more answers?

Edit:
"Who runs radio six broadcasts"
"the official radiostation"
edit on 3/4/2012 by Eidus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Q: What are these X's on the map?
A: You'll find out on Illumination day.

I think the map is very important somehow...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neogia

Hmmm... well this is odd. If you send a message on key 14 it sends 3 different version of the message to the server. For instance, if I send "who is garrison butler" on key 14 is sends this:

word=who is garrison butler,jcb lt ypffltbv xusiqf,sbq jh oniijhqv muxfri

It appears to be ordered like this:

word=key14,key15,key16

So "sbq jh oniijhqv muxfri" is "who is garrison butler" in key 16.

However, if you use key 16 and send a message it looks like this:

word=asdf,asdfwho is garrison butler

I assume that it's actually meant to look like this:

word=asdf,asdf,who is garrison butler

The first two are just replaced with nonsense since they don't seem to be necessary when using key 16. However, it does look like they've made an error, because they've left out the second comma which separates the middle segment from the last segment, and that could be why we are always getting "command not valid". Either way, I'm beginning to think we've hit a dead end because they actually haven't built the next part of the game yet. That sucks...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm sure that this is just completely wild speculation, but from what I've read so far, this really feels like it could be a sort of 'prequel' leading up to the events of Bioshock Infinite. Here's hoping that we learn more on Friday about what exactly this is all leading to. Regardless reading through this thread has been incredibly interesting. Keep up the good work!

Also:
Q: I love you
A: You seem to be focusing on the wrong details
or
A: Let's talk about something else
edit on 3/4/2012 by Bastas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by neogia

Hmmm... well this is odd. If you send a message on key 14 it sends 3 different version of the message to the server. For instance, if I send "who is garrison butler" on key 14 is sends this:

word=who is garrison butler,jcb lt ypffltbv xusiqf,sbq jh oniijhqv muxfri

It appears to be ordered like this:

word=key14,key15,key16

So "sbq jh oniijhqv muxfri" is "who is garrison butler" in key 16.

However, if you use key 16 and send a message it looks like this:

word=asdf,asdfwho is garrison butler

I assume that it's actually meant to look like this:

word=asdf,asdf,who is garrison butler

The first two are just replaced with nonsense since they don't seem to be necessary when using key 16. However, it does look like they've made an error, because they've left out the second comma which separates the middle segment from the last segment, and that could be why we are always getting "command not valid". Either way, I'm beginning to think we've hit a dead end because they actually haven't built the next part of the game yet. That sucks...

Excellent catch! I noticed it was sending in all three keys as well, but didn't make the connection that the jibberish was repeated with commas. I didn't bother decoding it, and assumed it was spaces. It makes sense, that if you're sending in key 14, you need the key 15 and 16 versions along with it to determine if you've typed "type sixteen". But once you're in key 16, there's nowhere else to go. So it might be an intentional flub, to prevent unlocking any further info until March 9th, or it could be simply a syntactic error. Must investigate further.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bastas
I'm sure that this is just completely wild speculation, but from what I've read so far, this really feels like it could be a sort of 'prequel' leading up to the events of Bioshock Infinite. Here's hoping that we learn more on Friday about what exactly this is all leading to. Regardless reading through this thread has been incredibly interesting. Keep up the good work!

Also:
Q: I love you
A: You seem to be focusing on the wrong details
or
A: Let's talk about something else
edit on 3/4/2012 by Bastas because: (no reason given)

I don't think it's Bioshock Infinite (as cool as that would be) because the Columbia is launched in 1900 according to the story, and based on the clues we get when we ask about the past, this is well beyond that. We're talking past the 1960's~ish, plus apocalypse, plus a bit of a rebuild to have guilds, AMP and PQA monitor energy output.

Like I said before, I'm a bit worried we have a game in search of a product, but if it's just a game for fun I'd be cool with that.

Also, can someone with a twitter account tweet at the TapJoint twitter account and tell them about the flummoxed comma situation? That wouldn't be something they would get an error for, and there really isn't any contact information. Is there a way we can add it in when we send out the message?

Although there likely will be a big movement in the story come March 9th (attacks on the key targets would be my guess), it certainly seems like we're still missing a few key pieces here with what we have. Usually in games like this (at least from my experience), there's a very clear wall you hit, either with a new website or a totally new avenue of contact that's date locked.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Ubiquitous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ubiquitous

Also, can someone with a twitter account tweet at the TapJoint twitter account and tell them about the flummoxed comma situation? That wouldn't be something they would get an error for, and there really isn't any contact information. Is there a way we can add it in when we send out the message?
I don't think it will matter even if we could fix the game to send messages with the extra comma. They certainly would have noticed that when testing the game. Which leads me to believe they haven't really tested key 16. And that's probably because they haven't built that part of the game yet. Which really sucks, just as it was getting good we hit a dead end. Looks like we'll probably have to wait until the 9th.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
And in regards to some of the previous talk about Carr, Orwell, Emerson, and Jacobs

My theory is we have two rival groups. The first group, our rivals, is spearheaded by Mrs. Orwell. Her husband is a councilman who is investigating Loman (I think, or is it knobs?). They're very likely working with PQA and the AMP to squelch the revolution group. Working for Orwell is Carr, who is the hitman. Based on the letter to Carr, they have other targets to kill too.

Our team is very likely run by Loman or Emerson. They also have a string of targets they eliminated (learned via the recorded call). I'd guess the AMP patch we keep seeing is from someone who was killed. I'd guess that Jacobs got sloppy with one of the hits (they mention a trail of bodies), and that Orwell finally figured out who was a part of this revolution group. Based on the Skytrain ticket, Jacobs knew someone was coming for him, but didn't make it out in time. I'm wondering if we're in the noodle shop where he was killed, since we seem to have his menu with the "cold" clue. All these Tap Joints seem to be underground, and very illegal. The news report that ran about 6 minutes ago mentioned that tap joints can cause lethal harm (probably from being caught at a Tap Joint).

Knobs is just a black market trader who will work for anyone that pays him. He's our source for Wave Units. If I had to make a guess about future events in the story, he'll either be swung around to help us more when # hits the fan, or he'll be captured by AMP (just guesses, no evidence).

I would assume Emerson and Orwell have an honorable hatred of eachother, in that face to face they'll knit and smile, but behind the scenes they would love to wipe out the rival group.

We're looking at two groups who aren't afraid to get blood on their hands (hence the blood on the knitting needle), and a war "for the truth" about to start.

Then we have all these other things that will probably play a part later in the game (talking to Walter Lefong probably, learning more about how things work in this world, etc).

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

I don't think it will matter even if we could fix the game to send messages with the extra comma. They certainly would have noticed that when testing the game. Which leads me to believe they haven't really tested key 16. And that's probably because they haven't built that part of the game yet. Which really sucks, just as it was getting good we hit a dead end. Looks like we'll probably have to wait until the 9th.

It's just not a logical stopping point in my opinion. If we got the wave unit via trade, it'd make sense that now we have to wait for the 9th to come, but right now we're without the weapon we're told to have for the revolution to start. Maybe they published a previous version before they fixed that massive bug, or their QA team is really sleeping on the job.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It's just not a logical stopping point in my opinion. If we got the wave unit via trade, it'd make sense that now we have to wait for the 9th to come, but right now we're without the weapon we're told to have for the revolution to start.
I thought the same thing, and it doesn't really make sense that we're allowed to unlock key 16 if key 16 doesn't even work yet. I don't really know what is going on. I might try to email them. Their address is probably [email protected] or something like that.

EDIT: nope, all my emails are being rejected by their server... damn it.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Q: What happened on Monday at four am?
A: Mrs. Emerson and Dick met.

Q: What happened after Mrs. Emerson and Dick met?
A: Possibly a disagreement.

Q: Why did Mrs. Emerson and Dick disagree?
A: (shows the Textile Guild bill)

Q: Who belonged the jacket to?
A: Comes from an AMP officers uniform.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Q: Is Mrs. Emerson Dick's mother?
A: She is his mentor.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I'm not entirely how DomainsByProxy works but if you sent something to the [email protected] email address from the Whois search would it be forwarded to the registrant's actual email?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Q: Why does Councilman orwell investigate Dr. Loman?
A: Influence is always swallowed like a sword.

What does that mean...?

I am going to ask more questions about the connections between the different people.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Maybe we're not meant to "trade for a waveunit" until the 9th. My guess is that on the 9th we'll be able to use key 16 to try and get a waveunit.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I'm not entirely how DomainsByProxy works but if you sent something to the [email protected] email address from the Whois search would it be forwarded to the registrant's actual email?
I'm not sure how that works either, but it can't do any harm to give it a try. If it doesn't work, then hopefully they stumble across this thread.

EDIT: well I sent it and at least this time I haven't received a rejection email. Only time will tell if it reaches them.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Q: Who is the head of Wire Central?
A: I only know who has power.

Q: Is Ruth in contact with Cleveland Carr?/ When did Ruth send the letter to Cleveland Carr?
A: I can't figure that out myself.

Q: Where was Eva when Mrs Emerson and Dick met?
A: Yes, it's obvious.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Alexander1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

If you type

Q: "What does AMP Control"
A: you get Commander Welles card
*I assume it's not completely understanding what I mean, but close enough*

And as it says on Commander Welles (formerly Officer Welles who issued the drinking citation) card that he is the head of AMP. Sounds like he might be our main target to bring down when we go after AMP.

What's really interesting to me is if you write
Q: Who works for Wire Six?
A: *Hope Chatsworth's card*

It's like they're completely ignoring the male radio announcer, or hiding his identity. Something is up with him...
edit on 4-3-2012 by Ubiquitous because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join