It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I typed goodbye and the reply was come back March ninth. It would be nice to know if there is any way to progress before March ninth or we just have to wait. I'm surprised the Twitter isn't guiding us along.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Q: what is a radio wave
A: its how wave units work

Q: what uses radio waves
A: wire six broadcasts

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Well based on the theme and the metadata keywords in the source code, I'm assuming this an alternate timeline. The car looks like the 50's/60's/70's. I don't think the year matters, per se, since everything sort of reset/post apocalyptic~like. But we could probably determine when the timeline changed from ours (likely a bit after the car was out, and the opera record was recorded).

Some sort of "apocalypse" happened (hence one meaning to "the end is just the beginning") and now energy is extremely regulated. Wave units seems to use pure electricity or energy. Look at that citation for drinking, which used up some amount of power. There is some sort of regulation on children too (permits to bury babies?). I'm wondering if that Family Extension form Eva Jacobs applied for is a permit to have a child. Walter LaFong's card is even made of wood rather than paper, and they mentioned lumber shortages on one of the radio broadcasts, and it seems like all the props in Tapjoint are made of wood (even Emerson's knitting needles).

Then this "Revolutionary" group, which includes Knobs, Emerson, Jacobs, and the person at the end of the tap kit, is at war, or wants to go to war over "the truth". Then there is a counter group that includes Carr and Orwell who are trying to stop "our" group.

Everyone is in some sort of Guild to make trade goods, too.

The names don't make sense to me though, if we're in an Asian country. Why not have at least closer cultural names, rather than Jacobs or Orwell.

We probably will hit up against a wall until Illumination Day (which is only March 9th) when I assume a new stage of the game will open, possibly revealing what product this is trying to sell. I'm not thinking its a movie anymore. Possibly it's for JJ Abram's show Revolution about when the whole world loses power (or so the log line says). I'm wondering if maybe the show actually takes place after that, and energy is now regulated like it says in this game? Otherwise I'm thinking its for a game of some sort (web based, or D&D book like). The final option, which I hate to think of, is for a product that doesn't exist yet, and the person trying to sell it wants to prove to investors they have a fan base already. That means that if it doesn't get funding, the game would end without any sort of resolution, which sucks.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Ubiquitous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ubiquitous

Some sort of "apocalypse" happened (hence one meaning to "the end is just the beginning") and now energy is extremely regulated. Wave units seems to use pure electricity or energy. Look at that citation for drinking, which used up some amount of power. There is some sort of regulation on children too (permits to bury babies?). I'm wondering if that Family Extension form Eva Jacobs applied for is a permit to have a child. Walter LaFong's card is even made of wood rather than paper, and they mentioned lumber shortages on one of the radio broadcasts, and it seems like all the props in Tapjoint are made of wood (even Emerson's knitting needles).
I think you are definitely onto something with that hypothesis, it makes sense. But it still seems like we are missing a piece of the puzzle, it's not completely adding up yet. I know that the goal is to fight against Carr and those people, but what exactly is the "truth"?

The names don't make sense to me though, if we're in an Asian country. Why not have at least closer cultural names, rather than Jacobs or Orwell.
Yeah that is bit strange actually. Although most of the people do have black hair and brown eyes, which is typical of Asian people... code names perhaps? The people who don't have brown eyes are: Ruth Orwell (green), Hope Chatsworth (hazel), Dick Jacobs (hazel), Councilman Orwell (blue).

We probably will hit up against a wall until Illumination Day (which is only March 9th) when I assume a new stage of the game will open, possibly revealing what product this is trying to sell.
I'm not even convinced the game is a promotion for something. I haven't really seen anything yet that would suggest that's what it is, a fair bit of effort has gone into this game, which makes me believe someone just wanted to create a fun mystery puzzle type game. I also believe it's possible to use key 16, we just haven't figured out what we are supposed to do yet. The clues should tell us how to contact Knobs on key 16, I doubt they would leave out a way to do that until March 9th... because we can talk on key 16, it just seems like we aren't asking the right things.
edit on 4-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

We probably will hit up against a wall until Illumination Day (which is only March 9th) when I assume a new stage of the game will open, possibly revealing what product this is trying to sell.
I'm not even convinced the game is a promotion for something. I haven't really seen anything yet that would suggest that's what it is, a fair bit of effort has gone into this game, which makes me believe someone just wanted to create a fun mystery puzzle type game. I also believe it's possible to use key 16, we just haven't figured out what we are supposed to do yet. The clues should tell us how to contact Knobs on key 16, I doubt they would leave out a way to do that until March 9th... because we can talk on key 16, it just seems like we aren't asking the right things.

You might be right, I supposed I'm a bit jaded from the other ARG's I've followed that have been really shallow plugs for movies. This is a pretty crazy impressive opening for it, the AI reads a whole bunch of different questions accurately (except about some things).

I'm sure we're very close to getting key 16 to work, we're just missing something, like a keyword. I'm a little pissed the twitter account is pretty much just retweeting whatever people send it, that isn't helping at all. Someone said there is help for key 16 on the mobile site, but I'm not sure if that person just means how to activate it.

I agree with what you said though, we're missing some sort of key piece to this puzzle. I'm sure things have to stay a bit vague since it's just the beginning of the game, but there is some question we aren't asking. I'm glad people thought about location questions, for some reason that never even crossed my mind.

There are some key pieces of info they aren't releasing yet, namely the City we're in (rather than "our fair city"), and maybe it's just me, but they're really keeping the name of the male radio broadcaster hidden. Even at night ,he says "And that's all for the news, signing off". They mention Hope's name enough...

Time to keep playing around, looking for some sort of breakthrough.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
"We don't know much about Illumination Day , except that it will happen on March 9th. We also apparently require 1,000 Wave Unit users to be successful on that day."

tapjoint.wikia.com...

Are we a wave unit user? Does tapjoint need 1000 visits to get to the next step on ninth of march, Or im i just stupid and dont understan english?

/ the Swede

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Q: i am i in the underground movement?
R: you are tapping so yes you are

I didnt know that before.

If i ask if Dick Jacobs, Emerson or cleveland is with the underground movement i get the same response. "it does not matter"

Q: who is my leader
R: the AMP patch appears.

Every person act has an AMP logo imprinted on the papper.

So do we work for the AMP or are we "undercover" for the underground (Black market traders). Or do we got access to the AMP acts.

Do we want this revolution or do we want to stop it?
edit on 4-3-2012 by kaptenkatt because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by kaptenkatt because: spelling

edit on 4-3-2012 by kaptenkatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kaptenkatt

Q: who is my leader
R: the AMP patch appears.
The same thing happens when you ask "who is their leader". It seems to be triggered by "leader". According to all the evidence AMP (Allied Municipal Patrol) is the enemy. They are the ones who monitor electricity/power with the help of PQA (Power Quality Authority).

Do we want this revolution or do we want to stop it?
It seems we are trying to make it happen.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I just asked if we were being monitored by the PQA and the response was no. I wonder how we're able to avoid detection by the PQA.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
An interesting tidbit:

Q: Who does Knobs work for
A: Loman and Carr

Well, I thought Loman was the good guy and leader of the revolution, and Carr was the bad guy who works for PQA and kills people. I guess a black market trader will trade with anybody if you got the pomegranates.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i just asked if he loves me.

lets discuss something else was the answer...think im on to something here

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

did you, or anyone else, try Start The Revolution?

Seems to me that is the point, no?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Lol so playing this game (or whatever it is) made me want to get an account here to help share some of what I've found.

Cleveland Carr also has dogtags, but La Fong's, Dr. Loman's, and Councilor Orwell's cannot be found.

I'm still brainstorming! I'll update if I find anything else.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

did you, or anyone else, try Start The Revolution?

Seems to me that is the point, no?

Q: Start the Revolution
A: It does not matter

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

I got

Maybe we should talk about something else

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Q: Is my name Welles
A: Hi

Hmmm

Edit: seems to be a response to name. If you type my name is XXXX it says hi or hey

nevermind
edit on 3/4/2012 by Kellter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Q why is the recording important
A to help Eva understand

Q where is Eva
A possibly on the outside

Q what is on the outside
A cutscene of classic opera record

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
can someone dail the number and record it and then put it out on the internet?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Here is a transcript and other distilled info.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

No I didn't try that because it seemed way too obvious.
Doesn't seem like it works anyway. The first step to creating the revolution is to get a wave unit. Which I think Knobs can help with.

That would be great, I was thinking the same thing. I'm in Australia so I don't really want to call an international number.

reply to TheGuyWhoMadeTapJoint

I know you're watching us as we try to solve your game. Now give us a damn clue already!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join