It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers had 'full functional control' of Nasa computers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Hackers had 'full functional control' of Nasa computers

www.bbc.co.uk

Hackers gained "full functional control" of key Nasa computers in 2011, the agency's inspector general has told US lawmakers.

Paul K Martin said hackers took over Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) computers and "compromised the accounts of the most privileged JPL users".

He said the attack, involving Chinese IP addresses, was under investigation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I wonder how many members of ATS would have liked to have seen what was in the accounts of the "most privieged JPL users"...

While a number of hackers have now gained access to NASA and government computer systems, I haven't seen any EVIDENCE in support of a conspiracy theory emerge from such hacks (although they have resulted in a few CLAIMS, e.g. by Gary McKinnon here in the UK),

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Did they ever get the bottom of what happend with Gary?

I followed the case closely for a while but i admit ive been slack of late, im gunna get my google on

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is why I go to the bank to move money around, computers will NEVER be as secure as traditional means.

I dont buy it being the chinese, its not hard to route an IP to another location then back to you, for the amount of lost items, including

an unencrypted notebook computer was lost containing details of the algorithms - the mathematical models - used to control the International Space Station.
... sounds like an inside job to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have a feeling that this could be a case of dis -info, along with the laptop. Just for internet cencorship. Im not doubting you Op,, dont get it twisted, It just seems like every bit of information i take in im kinda suspect of.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
When they hacked in the first thing they saw was photoshop open

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl
When they hacked in the first thing they saw was photoshop open

Pure Gold.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
Im not doubting you Op,, dont get it twisted,

No problem. I was just posting a story on the BBC website that I thought might be of interest to some members of ATS, not claiming that everything reported in the story is the gospel truth and should not be questioned.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
$300,000 later,

White House press release,

"We have in fact found that the Chinese IP addresses were that of chinese proxies and did not lead directly to the hackers, but we are on em" Peace!

Thats right our bureaucrats are gonna start ending their speeches in "PEACE!"

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

His legal battles continue.

The credibility of his claims to have seen UFO information on the computers he hacked has probably been undermined quite a bit by the evidence that he suffers from Asperger's Syndrome:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If legit it would be huge, Im no tech expert but just getting into a system like that would be pretty tough right. And to think of the past missions and what the 'hacker' would be able to control..

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
If legit it would be huge, Im no tech expert but just getting into a system like that would be pretty tough right. And to think of the past missions and what the 'hacker' would be able to control..

If legit, it will be drowned and edited within google's cloud as to never be read and as always, humans memory spans several decades, beyond that, it requires printed material.

What a genius method humans use to uphold law and order upon a lawless planet.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by Biigs

His legal battles continue.

The credibility of his claims to have seen UFO information on the computers he hacked has probably been undermined quite a bit by the evidence that he suffers from Asperger's Syndrome:

Why would Asperger's undermine his credibility? I'm not aware of any symptoms caused by the syndrome which would degrade a person's credibility.
edit on 3/2/12 by Malynn because: To add more text...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Having Aspergers just adds to his crediability actually !!!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Why would Asperger's undermine his credibility? I'm not aware of any symptoms caused by the syndrome which would degrade a person's credibility.
edit on 3/2/12 by Malynn because: To add more text...

Because - for right or wrong - he would be considered to be operating "outside of the norm". People who are familiar with it will know what it entails. For the vast majority of people, Aspergers = mental defect = damaged credibility.

Should it be that black and white? No. Is it that black and white for most of the population? Yes.

join