It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prophecies of Paramahansa Yogananda

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
reply to post by lestweforget

I never thought about that. I guess it depends if the sun is covered up for 3 days by another planet, then I think you are right. If there was a volcano, that sent ash into the sky for 3 days, then I think we would be ok since the sun is still hitting us. No?

Edit: how random is the thing about boston being a tropical climate. And even his talks about a pole shift, obviously we've known about the poles since I think the 17th century, and even mapped it since then. But until the last 20+ years it has been moving faster and faster, the idea that it could one day shift entirely is relatively new.
edit on 2-3-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

If the new north pole moved south, to Alaska, wouldn't Boston be colder, and not tropical, seeing how it would actually be closer to the new north pole?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by el1jah
reply to post by lestweforget

Edit: how random is the thing about boston being a tropical climate. And even his talks about a pole shift, obviously we've known about the poles since I think the 17th century, and even mapped it since then. But until the last 20+ years it has been moving faster and faster, the idea that it could one day shift entirely is relatively new.
edit on 2-3-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

If the new north pole moved south, to Alaska, wouldn't Boston be colder, and not tropical, seeing how it would actually be closer to the new north pole?

Exactly what I was thinking...it would be closer to the new north pole in alaska and so be even colder...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
A man who makes this kind of statement:

"Yogananda taught his students the need for direct experience of truth, as opposed to blind belief. He said that “The true basis of religion is not belief, but intuitive experience. Intuition is the soul’s power of knowing God. To know what religion is really all about, one must know God."

Isn't going to be the type of fool to make these sort of reckless predictions to empower a fatalistic apocalyptic thinking, instead of a pro-active one that will encompass a person's or group's spiritual evolution. Great spiritual masters will NEVER speak in absolutes they only reveal information that is strictly on a need to know basis for a specified purpose and only for people who are suppose to understand or are ready to listen.

This is what my intuition tells me about all these speculative predictions, most of them I believe are fabricated, especially if they are made in the same vein as Harold Camping and his 'end' of the world predictions that turned out to be absolutely false, misleading and didn't benefit anybody but only for the purpose of aggrandizing his own ego and dogmatic views of religion.

edit on 5-3-2012 by redrezo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yogananda was a great man and a Yogi of the highest order. I wouldn't necessarily associate him with Prophecies since that is now considered something that Yogis indulge in. I have ready his Autobiography and other things about him, but unless he made these statements in LIVE lectures in US, I wouldn't know since it's not in print.
What's happening is all around us and future is not hard to guess. Of course we can all choose to turn away, but it will catch up with his. Environment, Nature and the Planet including the Celestial bodies..everything will have a role to play when the time is up :-)

Live a good life, and read his book Autobiography of a Yogi, if you've got an understanding or interest towards Yoga.
For those who don't know, Yogis who are realized do not die, they are known to give out their life voluntarilty, which is called Maha-Samadhi (Ultimate merger with the supreme). This is a 1000s of years old tradition.

Peace to all mates!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: openeyeswideshut
reply to post by coldlikecustard

The Gange's is a river that runs through india
woods, self describing
Himalayan caves,
and men dream god.

I believe he's talking about a a place where the gange's river meets the Himalayan mountains. a place by some woods. Now when he says "and men dream god" I'm not sure if he's referring to India, as it is a very spiritual place where men dream god, or if he's talking about where the river mountians and woods meet the place he found god. Might be a specific place... might not be always open to suggestions.

Yoganandas life is one of amazing tales. I'm reading his autobiography right now.

In case of those last words... The Ganges was a place he spent much of his time walking along the shore with his Guru.
Early in his life, like so many others, he had the self admitted misconception that realisation of "God" lies in reaching a physical place. The majestic Himalays was an obvious choice in the chase of this goal.

Him being hallowed and touched that sod, I think means that he owes a lot of his self-realisation to what he experienced there; in the land where calling yourself God is not a sign of insanity but a sign of realisation.

Yogananda, according to himself, experienced the divine first hand by the touch of his guru Sri Yukteswar when he was very young.

And here is how I suddenly came to a dire realisation myself

As I was writing the above lines, I was googling... looking at photos of Yukteswar and eventually ended up at a forum that discussed the ill actions of gurus like Yogananda.

Seems like he was quite the pig under the guise of divine being.

So while the above might have been what he though and professed he had experienced. A lot of what has been told and retold of the society he created, I'm putting the book down immediately and will only regard what I have already read as a load of fiction mixed with altered fact.

Alas the same forum could also shed a terrible light on the acts of Tibethan Buddist guru and monks.

I am quite disappointed.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
In the OP....

.... He interrupted that discussion for a moment to cry loudly, “You don’t know what a terrible cataclysm is coming!”

The visionary children at Garabandal were told by the Virgin Mary, also, that there would be three days of darkness.
And during her much-heralded appearances at Medjugorje she has also warned of the coming three days of darkness. What could be the cause of such an event?...

I thought the Vatican had no opinion, or gives no credibility on either of these appearances

in fact isn't the Garabandal appearance been deemed a Hoax...

what good is citing other visionary experiences which are questionable as references for your own claim of prophecy

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: redrezo

I agree. I've read some of his books over the years and it just doesn't ring true to me either. Sounds like someone using his good name to promote themselves.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IWasHereEonsAgo

IWasHereEonsAgo, how good are your Google skills?

Here's one charge against Yogananda that was clearly debunked more than what, 15 years ago?

Yogananda proved through DNA to NOT be the father of alleged "love child"

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

No, because you are talking about magnetic north pole, which is what is meant by pole shift.
More accurately a magnetic inversion event.
True north is a different concept.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join