It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prophecies of Paramahansa Yogananda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I just wanted to share something that has kept nagging me for some time- The subtle prophecies of Yogi named Paramahansa Yogananda. He is often cited as the father of Yoga in America. wiKi

I wont bother citing any of this, very little of his actual writings are available online (besides his famous book, autobiography of a yogi)- there is nothing definite about the statements since they are mostly accounts from followers of Yogananda. I have read many hardcopies of his lectures, so I will not post anything that does not seem familliar to those lectures. The main ones that stand out to me - A great depression, Boston will have a tropic climate in 100 years- great cataclysm-

Economic
- He warned of hyper inflation, and unemployment greater than that of the 1930`s

-"a depression much worse than the depression of the 1930s.” He added, “Money won’t be worth the paper it is printed on.”
-Dont keep your money in stocks. There will, he said, be great fluctuations in the stock market, and then a depression the like of which you have never seen.
-Invest the rest in land that you can live on in time of poverty, land on which you can grow your own food. -Invest some of your money in solid assets, such as silver. ( I remember reading he said Gold not silver)
-“There ought to be a revolution!” The Master paused a moment, then said more quietly, “There will be one.”

Environmental
-He warned of a great catyclism, although he did not say whether it would be natural or man made.

"Within 100 years, Boston will have a tropical climate."

There will be a pole shift, and the new north pole will be in Fairbanks Alaska (Highly speculative, he rarely spoke in such specifics)

“You don’t know what a terrible cataclysm is coming!”

-3 days of darkness (written by his deciple Donald Walter-Swami Kriyananda) Something for you Nibiru fans

Padre Pio, a great saint of the last century in Italy, predicted there would descend on our earth, in the future, three days of darkness. He warned people to stay indoors at that time, for the atmosphere would be, at that time, dangerously polluted. Someone told me he had read of a similar prediction made by Paramhansa Yogananda in one of his writings. I have not read those words myself, but I was present in church one Sunday when he spoke of the coming depression. He interrupted that discussion for a moment to cry loudly, “You don’t know what a terrible cataclysm is coming!” The visionary children at Garabandal were told by the Virgin Mary, also, that there would be three days of darkness. And during her much-heralded appearances at Medjugorje she has also warned of the coming three days of darkness. What could be the cause of such an event? It couldn’t be due to a severe volcanic eruption, for the effect of any such occurrence would last for years, not merely for three days. Could it be some heavenly body striking the earth with such violence that the earth’s spinning would be temporarily stopped — until a natural inner impetus sets it spinning again?
Link

Political (again highly speculative since he rarely spoke so specifically)
- He warned of the spread of communism, and the residue of WWII could lead to WWIII in the 70`s but it could be stopped if we choose.
-Apparently he mentioned that China will take over Japan, and that when that occurs be weary of another world war.
-He said there will be violence in the middle east that could lead to the devistation of the region including europe.
-`Millions will die``

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
imagine what effect three days of darkness would have, hundreds of thousands would die due to the mini ice age caused by a mere 72 sunless hours.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

edit on 2-3-2012 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

I never thought about that. I guess it depends if the sun is covered up for 3 days by another planet, then I think you are right. If there was a volcano, that sent ash into the sky for 3 days, then I think we would be ok since the sun is still hitting us. No?

Edit: how random is the thing about boston being a tropical climate. And even his talks about a pole shift, obviously we've known about the poles since I think the 17th century, and even mapped it since then. But until the last 20+ years it has been moving faster and faster, the idea that it could one day shift entirely is relatively new.
edit on 2-3-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just curious when this man lived and when he made these proficies.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
sounds like recycled prophecies, not to take anything away from the guy but, I've heard some if not most of these from other sources.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
reply to post by lestweforget

Edit: how random is the thing about boston being a tropical climate. And even his talks about a pole shift, obviously we've known about the poles since I think the 17th century, and even mapped it since then. But until the last 20+ years it has been moving faster and faster, the idea that it could one day shift entirely is relatively new.

it's not random , there was a vid explaining that because the north pole is moving so quickly north, what was once sub tropical is now more tropical

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

-"a depression much worse than the depression of the 1930s.” He added, “Money won’t be worth the paper it is printed on.”
-Dont keep your money in stocks. There will, he said, be great fluctuations in the stock market, and then a depression the like of which you have never seen.
-Invest the rest in land that you can live on in time of poverty, land on which you can grow your own food. -Invest some of your money in solid assets, such as silver. ( I remember reading he said Gold not silver)
-“There ought to be a revolution!” The Master paused a moment, then said more quietly, “There will be one.”

That's not a prediction, that's just logic steming from what can be seen today, all except the owning land part, owning land is a myth - The entire US has been morgaged to the FED, no one owns land that isn't part of the 250 elite.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
Just curious when this man lived and when he made these proficies.

January 5, 1893 – March 7, 1952

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
ok pretty interesting, especially the way he died, creepy

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

I think the way he died deserves its own thread

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

He died in 1953.

For more on 3 days of darkness read Velikovsky's work.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

For the time he lived and the knowledge he had, it is pretty random. Again there is no certainty as to when they were made exactly, it seems he wasnt trying to be labelled a prophet,but shared these visions of his with his close desciples or randomly at lectures.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

He died in 1953.

For more on 3 days of darkness read Velikovsky's work.

After returning to America, he continued to lecture, write, and establish churches in southern California. In the days leading up to his death, he began hinting that it was time for him to leave the world [17][18] On March 7, 1952....According to two eyewitnesses - Daya Mata, a direct disciple of Yogananda, who was head of Self-Realization Fellowship from 1955–2010 [21] and direct disciple Swami Kriyananda- as Yogananda ended his speech, he read from his poem My India, concluding with the words "Where Ganges, woods, Himalayan caves, and men dream God—I am hallowed; my body touched that sod". [19][22] "As he uttered these words, he lifted his eyes to the Kutasha center, and his body slumped to the floor
wiki

Ill be sure to check out his work

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here is some information on his death. These are excepts from a notarised letter from the mortuary that handled his remains. He showed no signs of decay until 20 days after his death.

Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Glendale 5, California TELEPHONES LOS ANGELES, CLEVELAND 6-3131 GLENDALE. CITRUS 1-4151 CABLE ADDRESS HUBERT. LOS ANGELES May 16, 1952 Self-Realization Fellowship 3880 San Rafael Avenue Los Angeles 65 California Gentlemen: The absence of any visual signs of decay in the dead body of Paramhansa Yogananda offers the most extraordinary case in our experience. Had the muscle protein and blood stream of the deceased not been comparatively free of bacteria, deterioration of the body could have set in as early as six hours after life had departed. No physical disintegration was visible in Paramhansa Yogananda's body even twenty days after death.

our Mortuary received his body for embalming, it presented no signs of physical deterioration and no putrefactive odor -- two very unusual absences when a death has occurred twenty-four hours earlier.

In cases of persons that are embalmed and exhibited to friends for a period of two or three weeks, it is necessary, to insure presentability, for the embalmer to apply, on the face and hands of the deceased, a creamy pore-sealing emulsion that temporarily prevents the outward appearance of mold. In Paramhansa Yogananda's case, however, no emulsions were used. They were superfluous, inasmuch as his tissues underwent no visible transformations.

At the time of receiving Paramhansa Yogananda's body, the Mortuary personnel at Forest Lawn expected to observe, through the glass lid of the casket, the usual progressive signs of bodily decay. Our astonishment increased as day followed day without bringing any visible change in the body under observation. Paramhansa Yogananda's body was apparently in a phenomenal state of immutability. On the late morning of March 26th, we observed a very slight, a barely noticeable, change -- the appearance on the tip of the nose of a brown spot, about one-fourth inch in diameter. This small faint spot indicated that the process of desiccation (drying up) might finally be starting. No visible mold appeared, however. The hands at all times remained normal in size, revealing no signs of shriveling or pinching at the fingertips -- the place where desiccation is ordinarily seen very early. The lips, which wore a slight smile, continuously retained their firmness. No odor of decay emanated from Paramhansa Yogananda's body at any time. Although the casket was closed by the heavy glass lid, it was not hermetically sealed. Any odor from the deceased, had it been present, would have been immediately detected by persons standing near the coffin. The volatile nature of odors renders it impossible to conceal their presence, except in rare circumstances that did not here obtain.

The physical appearance of Paramhansa Yogananda on March 27th, just before the bronze cover of the casket was put into position, was the same as it had been on March 7th. He looked on March 27th as fresh and as unravaged by decay as he had looked on the night of his death. On March 27th there was no reason to say that his body had suffered any visible physical disintegration at all. For these reasons we state again that the case of Paramhansa Yogananda is unique in our experience.

Very strange to say the least. SOURCE

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I think that yes alot of those things we've heard before, but I think that's because every once in a while god taps someone on the shoulder and says "hey... take a step back and look at the bigger picture". I think thats why we are seeing so many proficies that are similar. I think some people just take the time to sit down and think and be able to tell whats going to happen based on humanities tendencies.

This shouldn't be something surprising that proficies like these are coming true. I think it's really just predicting the future with common sense. You can see people building up a capitalist economy around you. Using common sense when you see this (knowing that there HAS to be an end to capitalism) you would predict a massive economic crash.

Another man who predicts the future using common sense (a more mathematical side of it) is Bruce Bueno de Mesquita;

The criticism rankles him, because, to his mind, the proof is right there on the page. "I've published a lot of forecasting papers over the years," he says. "Papers that are about things that had not yet happened when the paper was published but would happen within some reasonable amount of time. There's a track record that I can point to." And indeed there is. Bueno de Mesquita has made a slew of uncannily accurate predictions-more than 2,000, on subjects ranging from the terrorist threat to America to the peace process in Northern Ireland-that would seem to prove him right.

How does Bueno de Mesquita do this? With mathematics. "You start with a set of assumptions, as you do with anything, but you do it in a formal, mathematical way," he says. "You break them down as equations and work from there to see what follows logically from those assumptions." The assumptions he's talking about concern each actor's motives. You configure those motives into equations that are, essentially, statements of logic based on a predictive theory of how people with those motives will behave. From there, you start building your mathematical model. You determine whether the predictive theory holds true by plugging in data, which are numbers derived from scales of preferences that you ascribe to each actor based on the various choices they face.

www.good.is...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
very intruiging the way he died although i am struggling to understand the meaning of the words he used before he passed...can anyone shed some light on this for me?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by coldlikecustard

The Gange's is a river that runs through india
woods, self describing
Himalayan caves,
and men dream god.

I believe he's talking about a a place where the gange's river meets the Himalayan mountains. a place by some woods. Now when he says "and men dream god" I'm not sure if he's referring to India, as it is a very spiritual place where men dream god, or if he's talking about where the river mountians and woods meet the place he found god. Might be a specific place... might not be always open to suggestions.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Interesting I read his book many years ago but did not know he had made any statements like this. Loved his book...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

sorry i should have been more specific in my post it was the last line that was confusing me but i think you are right it sounds like he is describing a specific place thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join