It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

found somthing on reddit i want all of you to be aware of

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I went to the site, i didn't see anything like whats in the OP. Better to be brainwashed into being a law abiding citizen than being brainwashed into being a social deviant.

BTW thats in Mormon country and theyre known for doing that kind of stuff. You can't force people to accept Jesus, they have to do it willingly or they will not be sealed to him. Mormon's are not christians either, theyre another fringe cult dolled up to look like us but theyre more Masonic right down to them not having any windows in their cathedrals.

Now i do not agree with locking kids up and punishing them by witholding food and privilages, i'm an army brat. If you want to straighten out kids, send them to boot camp and let a drill sargeant run it out of them. Those kids will learn discipline and teamwork or they will be too tired to do anything else.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I have been looking at the Horizon Acedemy website, and I have to say that this is either bull, a joke, or very very sad. They also have two different websites with different contact information.www.academyhorizon.com...

8. Q: Once I make the decision to enroll my teen, how do I get them to Horizon Academy? A: Your admissions representative will assist you through different options for getting your teen to the school. Each situation is different. Some students will come voluntarily, while others will not. We let you determine what you feel is best for your child.

What do they do if the teen will not cooperate once they are in their custody?

I guess I have never heard of camps like this. Not surprised though!

Aspen will arrange for a 'third party' (read: One of theirs...) organization to send big thugs in the middle of the night to kidnap your kid. The kids are made to wear uniforms that are basically prison garb. They are stripped of everything personal. This is not - I repeat, NOT - a fluffy, feel good boarding school. The kids are imprisoned, and treated like criminals. Read the experience posted above. I agree that troubled kids need help to get them away from drugs, but there are better ways. Aspen is about taking your money. The kids' welfare is secondary.

For those of you who think this is a good idea, and that kids need to be 'scared straight' and given discipline, I ask that you do your homework on Aspen and similar organizations. You will see that they are an evil organization. There's no dignity. There's no care. There's no end game other than filling their coffers. The whole system is designed to keep the kids perpetually in their grasp in various academies, camps, schools etc. under their umbrella. The parents are pressured to spend stupid amounts of money on 'therapy' through a very questionable system. Once the money stops, they no longer care at all for your kid.

As noted above, government scrutiny is high since 2011. Why would this happen to a nice, wholesome program? Because they've been sued over and over for child endangerment and cruelty.

Glib comments like "Oh, these kids of today need some discipline" show sheer ignorance of what's going on out there. This is a huge industry preying on families in their weakest moments.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jaydub911

As a parent of a child who went through similar, I offer you my deepest sympathy for your time spent under Aspen.
I hope time will heal you. Please speak out against these vile people.
Please know that your parents were duped by the glossy brochure, and the lies told by the organization. They never knew exactly what would happen. They were probably at their wits' end, and were lured by talk of the Aspen people. They probably spent a mass of money too. Don't hate your parents for what they did, channel that anger towards the scum at Aspen. Speak out. Make people aware of what they do.

I am truly sorry for what you had to endure. For those who say you could have ended up in prison, or worse, they do have a point. However, Aspen is NOT the answer. Proper therapy and open communication could have saved you the horror of the camp.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Im too upset for this
Sorry...
Was about to respond but
i choose NOT to as i think i
would derail the thread....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Yeah? I suppose you have never been threatened by your parents then. Not all of us live in fantasy land where parents adhere to their responsibilities and never raise a hand to their children. I do not live in such a place, nor have I ever. Real easy to call me a lousy person on the internet, but I can guarantee you would not have the balls if you were standing in front of me. I guarantee it. Coward.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

… are you sure you didn't join the Army?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This is a paragraph from their site;

Horizon Academy is located in the high desert of southwestern Nevada. As we are secluded and very private, we do not make our physical address available on our website. We are located in a small Nevada village on the California border near a major highway. The nearest airport is McCarran International Airport, in Las Vegas. Hotel accommodation is affordable and nearby. School tours and campus visits can be easily arranged through your admissions representative or, following enrollment of your child at Horizon, directly through the school.

Anyone wanna help do the groundwork on this using Google Earth perhaps?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

This sounds like a religious based school..if so..they get by with all kinds of abuse! Neither the Media or Law-Enforcement can do much because of The Freedom Of Religion Rights in the US..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
www.thesunmagazine.org...
This article from the Sun is perfectly relevant to this thread. I agree with Badgered1 that these schools are not to be taken lightly...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

The sad issue is there are many places in the US that are doing this all in the name of Freedom of Religion! We have a few here in NC. I was a Criminal Justice Student at the time. when I ran across something on the Internet. There was this poor child and his Father begging for someone to help them! The child had ran away from the religious group but his Mother was still stuck in the Group. They beat the children and tied them up to somekind of chair and brainwashed them. This group also had schools that are connected. They had infilitraited the Police, Courts, Hospitals, with members of the group. Frontline did a story on this group back in 1980's..and the so called State went in investigated and did nothing. I read over hundreds of pages of information about the method of operation the group operates by. The are still in action and have even moved into SC spreading their non-sense. I attempted to help the poor child and his father..because of what I did..I got my self beat up and hog tied in the middle of the city street by the local cops. I then was thrown into a hospital and tortured!

I have learned that you have to have a foundation to stand on before you can help someone! Something has got to be done in this Country where Criminals cannot hide under the Freedom of Religion .

My life was destroyed but I am still in the SHadows!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

The sad issue is there are many places in the US that are doing this all in the name of Freedom of Religion! We have a few here in NC. I was a Criminal Justice Student at the time. when I ran across something on the Internet. There was this poor child and his Father begging for someone to help them! The child had ran away from the religious group but his Mother was still stuck in the Group. They beat the children and tied them up to somekind of chair and brainwashed them. This group also had schools that are connected. They had infilitraited the Police, Courts, Hospitals, with members of the group. Frontline did a story on this group back in 1980's..and the so called State went in investigated and did nothing. I read over hundreds of pages of information about the method of operation the group operates by. The are still in action and have even moved into SC spreading their non-sense. I attempted to help the poor child and his father..because of what I did..I got my self beat up and hog tied in the middle of the city street by the local cops. I then was thrown into a hospital and tortured!

I have learned that you have to have a foundation to stand on before you can help someone! Something has got to be done in this Country where Criminals cannot hide under the Freedom of Religion .

My life was destroyed but I am still in the SHadows!

Makes me feel more sick about these devilish prison schools. I am not religious but when the believers say that you go to heaven if you do good deeds and to hell for bad deeds, what about the victims of those hellish people?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
www.thesunmagazine.org...
This article from the Sun is perfectly relevant to this thread. I agree with Badgered1 that these schools are not to be taken lightly...

Thank you for posting that. I hadn't seen that article before.
These places need to be shut down.

My disdain for organized religion aside, I can't help feeling that Aspen have just found a new avenue to get at people's money through preying on families in crisis. They are using lack of religious indoctrination in place of the drug use, acting up, or alcoholism etc. Same MO, different crisis.

If you look into the geographical placement of the facilities, they are always in states where oversight is less stringent. None in California because the State scrutinizes such places as keeps them honest. That's no coincidence. It's designed. The 'tough love' industry is abusive, and those abuses cannot be subject to state rules and oversight.

As noted in the article, the parents are completely misled by PR departments with glossy brochures, and the tours of the facilities are sanitized. If you were to see how dirty, undernourished, broken, and sad my daughter was when I saw her at her camp you would weep as much as I did. I can't give her that time back, and I will be haunted by that vision forever.

Please do not be fooled. Please don't consider these camps/schools/academies as a 'good idea.' On the outside, and from the propaganda they do appear to have everything in place. In reality they are hell for the kids.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join