It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

found somthing on reddit i want all of you to be aware of

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i was on reddit and i read a story about a kid who after telling his cristian parents that he is a cristian he was taken in the middle of the night and sent to a prision falicity

These places exist IN AMERICA, they're completely legal, and they're only growing. It's the new solution for parents who have kids that don't conform blindly to their religious and political views, let me explain: After the initial shock of what I thought was a kidnapping, it was explained to me that my parents had arranged for me to attend Horizon Academy (www.horizonacademy.us...) because I admitted to them that I was atheist and didn't agree with a lot of their hateful views. Let me give you a detailed run-down of my experience here: To start off it's a boarding school where there is literally no communication with the outside world, the people who work here can do anything they want, and the students can do absolutely nothing about it. The basic idea is that you're not allowed to leave until you believably adopt their viewpoints and push them off on others. The minimum stay at these places is a year, an ENTIRE YEAR, that means no birthday, no christmas, no thanksgiving etc.; my stay lasted 2 years. The day to day functioning of this facility is based on a very strict set of rules and regulations: you eat what they give you, do what they tell you (often just pointless things just to brand mindless submission in your brain), and believe what they tell you to believe. Consequences for not adhering to these regulations include not eating for that day, being locked in small rooms for extended periods of time and the long term consequence of an extended stay. There's a lot more detail and intricacies I could get into, but my main purpose was to spread awareness to the only group of people I feel like could do something about this. Feel free to ask me anything about my stay, I could go on for days about some of the ridiculous things I went through.

this is one of the most shocking things i have heard in a long while if you want to read more about it read some of the comments on the page at this link

www.reddit.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This sounds....in need of confirmation. That would be a good way to put it.

Now if it's all for real and as it's presented? I wonder what the difference is between the writer and a political prisoner or prisoner of conscience in other nations? It sounds like the equivalent of a minimum security prison, but a prison nonetheless.

I'd want to see this one hounded as far as necessary by media if they actually do this, in this way. Wow...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
They used to call it boarding school when i was a kid.

Though you never usually ended up there as anything other than a choice your folks made about your education.

Sorta reminds me of straight camps and the like, i dont agree with any of it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Congratulations. He made it through a boarding school.

Its called "Structured" environment. I am sorry that he couldn't yell back and disrespect an adult caregiver without consequences.

Being locked in a small room , hmm. What exactly is small to him .. a closet - 5 foot by 5 foot or what?
edit on 2-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Since I have often heard the disbelief of some questioning the details released about "indoctrination" camps set up by Scientology I suspect this is not a likely fabrication.

Apparently, the Committee on Education and the Workforce in the House believes it as well... see democrats.edworkforce.house.gov... for what is likely the least favorite proposed legislation in the prison industry... which by the way is (I suspect) intimately intertwined with these 'institutions' of "rehabilitation."

It's called the "The Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2011."

And as usual, there will be those who simply can't relate to this.. and will simply call it "whining" until someone they care about dies in one.

edit on 2-3-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Typical religious tactics to keep the fairy tale going. A minor who has his own beliefs is institutionalized for Reprogramming. Way to go religion.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Don't be too quick to generalize this as a "religious" thing.... there are MANY different reasons parents have consigned their children to such places, and while most capitalize on projecting a righteous and wholesome 'spiritual' approach... as you can see... it rarely turns out to be that way. Even the legendary "Boys Town" has it's share of horror stories which I won't digress into now.... bottom line is, is not the religion that apples physical and mental cruelty to those in their care... it's the people "saying" they are religious doing it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Sounds like every teen in America needs to attend,for god sake making a teen adhear to rules and regulations,who ever heard of such?
but seriously as long as there is no physical emotional or sexual abuse going on I think it's a great idea.They may actually learn something there.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
... I think it's a great idea.

How lucky you are then. I understand that is what the Corporate/Globalists plans are for life in America for everyone, rigid mindless adherence to a myriad of rules and regulations. Coming soon to your home town.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This appears to be run by the "Aspen Education" people. Look up 'brat camps' etc. They ran 'Sagewalk' wilderness camp in Oregon (closed in 2009 after a kid died during a hike - not the first death at an Aspen facility). There's a huge history of abuse cases with them (Aspen).

Their MO appears to be that they'll take your troubled teen in - obviously for a huge fee - and will re-program them to conform by forced marches, near-starvation, and peer pressure. They will insist on a psychological consultation (with their approved people - again for massive fees), and your kid gets diagnosed with one of the dubious "-Not otherwise specified" type mental conditions. They will then pressure you into sending your kid to a therapeutic boarding school. One of theirs, obviously. These are (a) very expensive, and (b) normally situated in states with less stringent rules about this sort of thing. They will then 'treat' your kid until your money runs out. At that point, your kid is either miraculously cured or they will offer you some kind of payment plan. It's all a massive money making scheme at the expense of troubled families.

Absolute evil. For further reading see: Aspen Education, Sagewalk, Aspen Academies, Brat Camp....

They all need to be shot.

My ex-wife tricked a bunch of people (including me) into sending my troubled daughter to a wilderness camp.
Once I got a chance to research I found the whole organization to be a huge racket, dangerous to children, and steeped in pseudo-psychiatry. Luckily for my daughter I was able to stop them before they really got their mitts on everyone's money and on my daughter's welfare. I was able to see through a lot of their scripted stuff during the telephone consultations. They do everything they can to avoid parent and child contact during the time they have the kid in their grip. They prey on people at their weakest moment and fleece them for their money.
Some of the kids they had working the programs were unaware of the scheme, and really did their best. However, the Aspen group are sick, twisted, corrupt, child endangering quacks. Their PR department goes all out to make sure they look clean and wholesome from the front, but dig deeper and their list of abuses is long and ugly.

This is just another example of them preying on people at their weakest. Your kid not following the Bible? Send them to Aspen, where you will find your bank account shrivels at an alarming rate.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Sounds like every teen in America needs to attend,for god sake making a teen adhear to rules and regulations,who ever heard of such?
but seriously as long as there is no physical emotional or sexual abuse going on I think it's a great idea.They may actually learn something there.

Do some research before you speak of such things.
This is not what it seems from the glossy brochure.
If you care anything at all about kids, you will not support any program like this.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
How lucky you are then. I understand that is what the Corporate/Globalists plans are for life in America

How is it that a private-family matter gets interpreted as anything
but
, over stretching it, just a bit ?
Next the government and your neighbors will be sticking their noses
to see what you put under your bed, how would you like that ?
Meddling in private family beliefs is crossing the line.

If there is proof of abuse then proof should be provided,
and only then action needs to be taken.
This reminds me of the case where a 4yr. old drew a stick picture
of her dad shooting monsters.
The dad was arrested, strip searched, detained till the 'authorities'
realized he didn't even own any guns.
Kids can have one hell of an imagination and tend to
embellish, too bad that adults not always use something called
common sense.

edit on 2/3/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I worked with a guy that sent his kid to a "school" like this. Basically for the first six months thy were not allowed any contact with the kid. After they got upset and showed up at the school they were threatend with legal action if they refused to leave.

They were told their presence would "be upsetting and set back any progress that has been made." Two days later they returned and got the same treatment. When they finally got to see some one in the administration they were told that the kid was being expelled because of the parent's behavior. They were still required to pay the $1,400 for that month because the student attended one week.

The kid came back more bitter and hateful than before he left. For the first three weeks at the school he was fed one meal a day. He was also forced to scrub the rest rooms on his dormitory floor and work in the laundry. He said he averaged about 4 hours of sleep a night between "homework" and his "learning experiences." Punishment for failure to properly clean the restrooms was standing in a rain storm - in Novemeber - for three hours.

These schools exist and they are horrible. Some do honestly try to instill discipline and respect in children. Others are bordering on abusive and dangerous. I have no doubt that some are malicous places.

Edit to add:

This makes me feel great about the level of education at Horizon Academy,

6. Q: How long do the teen stay?
A: Graduated from Horizon Academy is based solely on the results and changes created by the student in the school. Placing a time limit on graduation takes the focus off of the task at hand, which is making changes that work and last.

edit on 2-3-2012 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Just what we need: more obedient sociopaths fearful of their own mind, indoctrinated with the beliefs of others and raised to believe they have little value as human beings.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
When I was 16, my parents sent me to a military school in North Carolina. I didn't really have a choice in the matter, and I was basically taken from my home against my will. I think I deserved it, however, and it has changed me and my outlook on the world.

Many of things described here are exactly the same at any boarding, preparatory or military school for kids and teens. I was forced to wear a uniform, go to bed at 10, study for 2 hours every night, and then wake up at 6 am for PT and morning classes.

Uniformity and respect were the two most stressed features of the school. Whether you liked it or not, you were going to wear the uniform, go to the classes, eat their food and accept your fate. Although, we were allowed to leave for holidays and such, including two weekends a quarter to see our families.

I don't really see what is so drastic about this situation?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
When I was 16, my parents sent me to a military school in North Carolina. I didn't really have a choice in the matter, and I was basically taken from my home against my will. I think I deserved it, however, and it has changed me and my outlook on the world.

Many of things described here are exactly the same at any boarding, preparatory or military school for kids and teens. I was forced to wear a uniform, go to bed at 10, study for 2 hours every night, and then wake up at 6 am for PT and morning classes.

Uniformity and respect were the two most stressed features of the school. Whether you liked it or not, you were going to wear the uniform, go to the classes, eat their food and accept your fate. Although, we were allowed to leave for holidays and such, including two weekends a quarter to see our families.

I don't really see what is so drastic about this situation?

It's about emptying wallets and not about teaching children anything other than "we have the power."
It's not boarding school. It's not military school. It's child abuse and money grabbing.
Do the research. There are boards based on past 'victims' of the process.
Aspen is a money making scheme based on family fracturing.
The syllabus may echo preparatory/military/boarding schools, but the main difference is that those schools looked towards education. Aspen look towards wealth only.

By the way, any Aspen people (not the field people who actually cared, I mean board members) out there: I will meet you anywhere, anytime. You had better be ready.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
www.momlogic.com...

wwaspdiaries.com...

www.beyondbusiness.net...

jilliestake.blogspot.com...

www.heal-online.org...

www.ktvz.com...

I'll stop there. All I did was put "Aspen Education Lawsuits" into Google. I could dig deeper. So could you.

Do not, in any way shape or form, condone the actions of these heartless thieves.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

how dare he mention Christmas!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
actually, parents have right to decide for their children, didn't you know?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I read the Reddit site, and this is some seriously messed up #$%@. They lock the children up at night, deny them meals, put them in solitary confinement, don't allow free speech, brainwash them to believe in the "Christian" ways, beat them up, sabotage communication with their parents, and more. I feel sorry for the nicer, naive parents who send their kids there and don't find out until 2-3 years later what happened to them. They must feel so guilty...

Not only that, there are many different people collaborating the story. There are even annotations on the Google map website claiming child abuse, which can be found here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join