It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Archives Open to public

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

My degree from the University of Alabama is in Electrical Engineering, not Religous studies or archeology. If I REALLY wanted too, I could, but you just can't pay the bills with that non sense. I wasnt trying to be nasty earlier man, I hate when people argue on here. So apologies and Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
yes, many new discoveries have been unearthed: most notably, archives reveal that conspiracy against man goes back to 35,000 years before the Jesus incident. when a cro-,magnon murdered a neanderthal 'King'. pierced his side with a Spear...which is still in existence and kept in several locations around the earth. possessing a fragment of the spear represents full initiation unto the great mysteries.

and a 'Nuclear Weapon' isn't so much an object as it is a Technique...or Ritual. and all references to Nuclear Weapons and technology are bunk.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hiding truth is pretty much an admition that your religion is probably bunk. Why hide anything if you have nothing to fear. Why fear anything if you truely believe?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Hiding truth is pretty much an admition that your religion is probably bunk. Why hide anything if you have nothing to fear. Why fear anything if you truely believe?

Why are you assuming that they are hiding truth? Where did that come from?

Are you aware of any library that has documents from antiquity that allow the public to traipse through their files at will?

How often have you shown up at the Smithsonian and asked them to open up the basement so you could poke around?

Eric
edit on 8-3-2012 by EricD because: strange text formatting

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bo12au

No problem.

Written communication is often less nuanced than verbal. Not a big deal.

Eric

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

We already know that the gospels have forgeries. If they are not afraid of admitting that through letting us see one of the oldest copies of the gospel, imagine what they DON'T want us to see...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by EricD

We already know that the gospels have forgeries. If they are not afraid of admitting that through letting us see one of the oldest copies of the gospel, imagine what they DON'T want us to see...

Which copy are you referring to?

Have you looked into whether or not it is available to scholars and if it isn't, why that is the case?

Eric

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Well one version is Codex Vaticanus, and yes scholars have seen this version and many others and confirmed that there are indeed forgeries.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Let me rephrase. What document is it that they are holding that they won't allow scholars to see?

Thanks,

Eric

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

I'm not sure what it is. I do know that they went into other nations conquering and stealing stuff. They probably have documents, artifacts, and other stuff stolen from other cultures. I wouldn't be surprise if they were holding spiritual information from older civilizations...

The Vatican tried to say that the statue of the god Jupiter was The Apostle Paul, and that the statue of Venus was The Holy Virgin Mary.....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by EricD

Are you referring to the removal of the 14 books known as the Apochrypha?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

The Vatican tried to say that the statue of the god Jupiter was The Apostle Paul, and that the statue of Venus was The Holy Virgin Mary.....

I hadn't heard that.

Do you have a link or source?

Thanks,

Eric

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
As if the Vatican would give anyone "full access" to their archives...

They release the documents that will support their views only...

Garenteed they have documents that would completely alter Christianity as we know it... Which will never come to the general publics eye...

They're smarter then that... why shoot themselves in the foot when they can just reinforce their views

My guess is that it's just a public relations stunt. Release a few bits and pieces that are relatively harmless, and have been heavily vetted; but which perhaps contain just enough juicy information about some historical figure, that some people feel as though they're being allowed to see something important. I saw an image of Henry VIII on the web site; he is probably still considered controversial by the Vatican, which is a fairly sad joke when you think about it.

Catholicism doesn't have much time left now anyway; Benedict is the second last pope from Malachy's prophecy. So their stuff probably will come out sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Originally posted by Xeven

Why are you assuming that they are hiding truth? Where did that come from?

The Si-Te-Cah.

To be fair to Catholicism, I think this probably is true. I've done enough digging around about OOPARTs and possible ancient extraterrestrial/human interaction to know, that there are definitely some things buried, where it is overwhelmingly in the best interests of humanity at large, (particularly psychologically) for them to stay that way. I've seen photos of humanoid skulls that had spiked horns growing out of them, before; it made me think that maybe the usual depiction of demons has a harder basis to it in reality, than most of us would likely want to know about.

When I was in northern NSW a few weeks back, I got talking with one of the local Aboriginal elders one night. I asked him about the Wandjina, who I think are the same race as the Tall Whites which have been spoken about more recently by military people. The man I spoke to said that the Wandjina were not the only race of extraterrestrials to have visited the Aboriginal people, but that there had been several others. He said that he had been given secrets which he would willingly die before revealing, and also mentioned that the Russian and Chinese governments both have a lot of secrets, among others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join