It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Tornado Outbreak in U.S. Midwest.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm watching CNN Headline news as they are talking to someone that is in a car an reporting live from the path of a Tornado in Indiana. He's describing the town of Henryville as being VERY heavily damaged and he'd seen people in the open, watching when they'd cleared the town ahead of the tornado hitting. It sounds like this will be bad.

If anyone is in the Midwest, be sure to watch all this carefully. They're saying this one may have a base of 1/2 mile or more and long track. It's one of several either confirmed or suspected, and HUGE. It's a very active day for weather..i just hope it's not for loss of life.

CNN is saying there are serious tornadoes in Tenn, Alabama and Indiana. The guy CNN is talking to directly is saying these are the largest he's personally ever seen in Indiana and apparently he has experience on this. It's constant CNN coverage right now if anyone is near a TV.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Update...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm watching CNN Headline news as they are talking to someone that is in a car an reporting live from the path of a Tornado in Indiana. He's describing the town of Henryville as being VERY heavily damaged and he'd seen people in the open, watching when they'd cleared the town ahead of the tornado hitting. It sounds like this will be bad.

If anyone is in the Midwest, be sure to watch all this carefully. They're saying this one may have a base of 1/2 mile or more and long track. It's one of several either confirmed or suspected, and HUGE. It's a very active day for weather..i just hope it's not for loss of life.

CNN is saying there are serious tornadoes in Tenn, Alabama and Indiana. The guy CNN is talking to directly is saying these are the largest he's personally ever seen in Indiana and apparently he has experience on this. It's constant CNN coverage right now if anyone is near a TV.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Update...

Here's some LOCAL coverage -

A series of severe storms are ravaging the Midwest. Watch live coverage here, with a live stream of the tornado on the ground - www.wave3.com...

The feed from the storm chaser that witnessed the destruction of the town is coming from this site - www.severestudios.com...

The stormchaser told CNN that the first tornado that hit Henryville was a half-mile wide, and the one hitting now it twice that size.

UPDATE - WAVE-TV3 (Louisville KY) is reporting MULTIPLE tornadoes, one having just hit Owensboro Ky. Their own power has gone out, and they are operating on generators

Mods can delete my thread. Wrabbit beat me by a hare.

edit on 3/2/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is incredible to watch develop here.

National Watch/Warning Map

The Yellow area is ENORMOUS but the Reds are what I'm stunned by. Each and every one of the reds within the Yellow represent known or suspected serious tornados currently active. They generate the Warning as opposed to watch...and at the moment, they're everywhere.

Live coverage on CNN is describing how the Weather Service people are sounding more anxious than normal...even a bit paniced..and I'm toning down the language they'd actually used a couple times. Media being Media...but this IS bad by all appearances. Another Joplin? Lets Pray not several of them. Henryville sounded BAD...and then they reported a second Tornado 'Twice' the size of THAT one.

"It is crazy, it is just nuts right here" That is the quote the CNN reporter just attributed to people at the National Weather Service.

Let's all hope for the best in people finding a way to survive these in the towns that are apparently being hit straight on with them.

The link above will let someone zoom down from the picture, but this at least shows the state of things right now, of those reading this later.... Some of those red areas that one can see zoomed out actually represent multiple smaller red warning zones in that area. so..as many as show there, there are actually many more when zoomed.

It's a wild day out there.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Update: 19 Active Tornado Warnings across 6 states. That is the latest ticker info on CNN Headline News channel.

It sounds like many will be in need of help....It's insane over such an enormous area!
edit on 2-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Update.....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is insane. WAVE3 is reporting up to six tornadoes on the ground right now. Carrol County and the town of Carrolton KY, south of Cincinnati, is being hit hard right now.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The latest count, again from CNN HDN Channel is 66 Tornado warnings issued so far today. Not active at once, but so far. I'm getting a real sick feeling.....below those 66 tornado warnings are people. Oklahoma and other areas have A LOT of open space with light population where I didn't see that near as much in these eastern/southern states while trucking. Even the back areas have homes everywhere.

new topics

top topics

join