Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Rebukes Limbaugh, Thanks woman called a "slut" and "prostitute"

page: 29
28
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Enough of this distraction. Time for Obama to put up or shut up. Give Maher his Million Dollars Back and Apologize on behalf of his daughters to Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, and Laura Ingraham.

Time to raise the standard and get above the fray. Obama mentioned that right after Giffords was shot and in typical fashion he completely disregarded everything that oozed out of his mouth. Whatever floats your boat.

His daughters must be so proud of their father for supporting the likes of misogynist Bill Maher. Hey you little C!@#S come give daddy Obama a hug.


So now Obama's responsible for whatever Maher says? Riiiiiight....

I guess "pick random GOP politician" is also responsible for Rush's actions, correct?

Use some common sense for crying out loud




posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Sandra Fluke is just the latest victim trotted out by the liberals to hide behind.

It won't work. Thanks to Rush now everyone is asking the same question.

Why can't Sandra Fluke pay for her own birth control?

If we have to pay for the sex, then should we also pay for the roses, dinner and the

movie tickets also?


She's already paying for it because insurance fees are included in tuition fees


And just because she might be able to afford it herself, doesn't mean many others can...



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Don't forget Ed Schultz from MSNBC.

He called Laura Ingraham a slut. Double standard????



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson



Sigh.

Those are Rush words, NOT REALITY.


The person asked me what Rush said. Why can't I copy/paste what Rush said to answer the question, "What did Rush say?"

What am I missing here?


I take it you never bothered to actually find out what she was there to say and did say?


I read her portion of the transcript as well, but the other member didn't ask me what Sandra Fluke said, or why she was there on Capitol Hill testifying for congress. I wasn't asked any of that jazz, I was asked what Rush said.


If so, you would know that Rush pretty much fabricated an entire event out of thin air and that is what you just quoted...his made up version of events. Did you realize you did that?


It's from the transcript of the radio show, and side by side with that was the testimony of Sandra Fluke. But again, I wasn't asked any of that. i was asked "What did Rush say." And no where in the transcript does Rush call her or anyone else a "slut for using contraceptives." That's a lie, Rush never said that. Rush said people who demand money for sex are called sluts , prostitutes.





She never said that though. She never once said that.


Irrelevant. I was asked what he (Rush) said.


Rush changed her testimony about birth control in his own mind to mean she says she must be paid to have sex. She never said that. So again I ask, what was she actually called a slut for since she never said what you claim?


WHO CARES??? I was only asked to provide what Rush said. I did that.




That was actually the entire point of his 3 day rant.


"The point" of his rant? Okay, again, what does your interpretation of his motives have to do with what words came from him and entered the microphone? A member claimed Rush called the woman a slut "for using contraceptives". That's a bold-faced lie, Rush never implied Sandra or any other person on the planet was a slut for 'using contraceptives'.


Unfortunately you need to turn Rush off and listen to the young lady herself for a moment to get a dose of reality.


I don't even listen to Rush's radio show. I haven't had an operational radio in my car for almost 5 years now.




Of course it should not take even that much to get that is exactly what Rush said.


LOL! That's certainly not in any way shape or form "exactly what Rush said". I copy/pasted "exactly" what Rush said. You've offered your interpretation of what he meant to say.


She said she wants BC covered for various reasons including non-birth related. Rush then said she is a slut and a prostitute because of....what? Things that he made up, right or wrong?



Rush said anyone who demands cash for sex is a slut and a prostitute. And they are. the issue here is Rush implying that the woman is demanding cash to have sex. Which she was not. But that doesn't mean Rush's words were different than what they were. He said people who demand cash for sex are sluts and prostitutes.

edit on 8-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Sandra Fluke is just the latest victim trotted out by the liberals to hide behind.

It won't work. Thanks to Rush now everyone is asking the same question.

Why can't Sandra Fluke pay for her own birth control?

If we have to pay for the sex, then should we also pay for the roses, dinner and the

movie tickets also?


She's already paying for it because insurance fees are included in tuition fees


And just because she might be able to afford it herself, doesn't mean many others can...


Be honest.

Sandra Fluke didn't show up in congress by accident. It was an orchestrated event.

She could go to a Planned Parenthood office right there in Washington DC.

This is an air ball issue. Now Sandra Fluke is a joke.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Don't forget Ed Schultz from MSNBC.

He called Laura Ingraham a slut. Double standard????


I'm not saying other pundits aren't tripping over their tongue...I'm just saying holding politicians responsible for slip ups of pundits is ridiculous. You don't see the left attacking Romney over Rush's comment, do you? Those politicians aren't controlling the pundits to the point where they decide over exactly how those pundits phrase stuff.

And the other poster was implying Maher's words are somehow Obama's fault...sooooo blinded by partisan politics that rationality goes out of the _



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 



Sandra Fluke didn't show up in congress by accident. It was an orchestrated event.


That's actually her second orchestrated event on Capitol Hill. The original was supposed to be over a year ago and it got cancelled.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 



So now Obama's responsible for whatever Maher says? Riiiiiight....



Nope, you're 100% correct, Obama isn't responsible for what Bill Mahr said. But he is responsible for not publicly "rebuking" Bill Mahr for what he said and of course give all those dollars back.



If you're not going to publicly reprimand Bill Mahr for his "cu%t" remark, you'd better shut your mouth when Rush or anyone else does the same thing.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by MrXYZ
 



So now Obama's responsible for whatever Maher says? Riiiiiight....



Nope, you're 100% correct, Obama isn't responsible for what Bill Mahr said. But he is responsible for not publicly "rebuking" Bill Mahr for what he said and of course give all those dollars back.



If you're not going to publicly reprimand Bill Mahr for his "cu%t" remark, you'd better shut your mouth when Rush or anyone else does the same thing.


Since when do politicians have to give a rats ass about pundits, especially second rate ones that aren't even on major networks (like Maher and Rush)??

And do I really have to quote all those GOP politicians who said "Rush was wrong, but..." just before pretty much paraphrasing what he said in an only slightly nicer way?



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 



Sandra Fluke didn't show up in congress by accident. It was an orchestrated event.


That's actually her second orchestrated event on Capitol Hill. The original was supposed to be over a year ago and it got cancelled.


Liberals love to hide behind victims.

It didn't work. Bill O'Reilly is already on to the story. Okay, who orchestrated this

Sandra Fluke event to give Obama cover from his attack on the 1st amendment?

Alan Colmes said it was not orchestrated.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by jibeho
Enough of this distraction. Time for Obama to put up or shut up. Give Maher his Million Dollars Back and Apologize on behalf of his daughters to Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, and Laura Ingraham.

Time to raise the standard and get above the fray. Obama mentioned that right after Giffords was shot and in typical fashion he completely disregarded everything that oozed out of his mouth. Whatever floats your boat.

His daughters must be so proud of their father for supporting the likes of misogynist Bill Maher. Hey you little C!@#S come give daddy Obama a hug.


So now Obama's responsible for whatever Maher says? Riiiiiight....

I guess "pick random GOP politician" is also responsible for Rush's actions, correct?

Use some common sense for crying out loud


NO! take your own advice and use some common sense instead of playing your sarcastic naivete. Obama should rebuke Maher for saying far worse than Limbaugh. He should rebuke both of them if that is the pool he chooses dip his toes in. Or he could just keep his mouth shut. By lashing at Rush he merely reveals his double standard. No surprise. Its ok because Maher is a comedian.

Gimme a break.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


Her emphasis was on the medical benefits of some birth control pills. She had someone who she knew as I did not hear the whole testimony but was mentioned by numerous media sources, that had to have ovarian surgery as a result of growths. She said nothing about sex, something lost on a lot of people and no more so then that idiot Rush...

And he wants to see videos if the birth control is covered you know like Viagra? Now add pervert to just idiot. I agree any parent should be proud, being in such a public spotlight and particularly on this subject is not easy.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


Bill Maher and Ed Schultz get a pass.

--------
Rush Limbaugh called someone a slut? This is outrageous!


Selective moral outrage.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Don't forget Ed Schultz from MSNBC.

He called Laura Ingraham a slut. Double standard????


Sure it is and it is inappropriate. Ingraham is a Fox news commentator and should not be the target of any comments like this. Even though I don't agree with the bias of the Fox News party line. Common decency is just that and should be uniformly applied.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
For those worried about the cost added to the price of insurance by adding birth control coverage, its a hell of a lot cheaper in an unwanted pregnancy, and for those opposed to abortion this SHOULD be a no brainer. And that says nothing of the medical benefits of preventing or reducing the incidence of very painful menstruation, or surgery for things like to just name one, ovarian cysts.

And yeah I do think condoms for guys should also be covered! At least for the heath angle. Were working on the "male pill" but its much more complex, but when available I want that covered to! Have a feeling since insurance already covers Viagra, then pay for the consequences. Unless its the Immaculate Conception, it takes two to tango...



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by jibeho
 


Bill Maher and Ed Schultz get a pass.

--------
Rush Limbaugh called someone a slut? This is outrageous!


Selective moral outrage.


Ed Shultze apologized profusely after he blurted out his emotional rant, and was off air for a week. Conversely, Rush Limbaugh spent 3 days and a total of 9 hours harping on her promiscuous character and his ideas of retribution for her daring to speak about such a taboo issue.

It's not the same.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by windword
 


Ed Shultz called Laura Ingraham a slut.

Rush Limbaugh called Sandra Fluke a slut.

Those 2 statements sound kinda similar to me.

-------
Bill Maher called Sarah Palin a c___. Plus more! No apology.

Bill & Ed get the big liberal.....pass.

Rush Limbaugh? Off with his head!



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
For those worried about the cost added to the price of insurance by adding birth control coverage, its a hell of a lot cheaper in an unwanted pregnancy, and for those opposed to abortion this SHOULD be a no brainer. And that says nothing of the medical benefits of preventing or reducing the incidence of very painful menstruation, or surgery for things like to just name one, ovarian cysts.

And yeah I do think condoms for guys should also be covered! At least for the heath angle. Were working on the "male pill" but its much more complex, but when available I want that covered to! Have a feeling since insurance already covers Viagra, then pay for the consequences. Unless its the Immaculate Conception, it takes two to tango...



Maybe Sandra Fluke should abstain from sex until she graduates?

When she gets a great job at a law firm then she can have a big party!
--------
There is plenty of birth control and valuable information available at

Planned Parenthood. Just pick up the phone and call.



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by MrXYZ
 



So now Obama's responsible for whatever Maher says? Riiiiiight....



Nope, you're 100% correct, Obama isn't responsible for what Bill Mahr said. But he is responsible for not publicly "rebuking" Bill Mahr for what he said and of course give all those dollars back.



If you're not going to publicly reprimand Bill Mahr for his "cu%t" remark, you'd better shut your mouth when Rush or anyone else does the same thing.


Since when do politicians have to give a rats ass about pundits, especially second rate ones that aren't even on major networks (like Maher and Rush)??


You're either a hypocrite or you're not, what else can I say about that? Secondly, no one forced Obama to keep that 1 million donation from said "second rate pundit".


And do I really have to quote all those GOP politicians who said "Rush was wrong, but..." just before pretty much paraphrasing what he said in an only slightly nicer way?


Not at all, I already know Rush was wrong. That's not in debate here whether Rush was right or not. (Well, some folks may be arguing that he's right, I'm not with you.)



posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 



Alan Colmes said it was not orchestrated.


Sure!!! *drinksKoolAid*


It was planned last year (from Sandra's own testimony), cancelled, and planned again for this year which was not cancelled. Seems this meeting was orchestrated not once, but twice.

edit on 8-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
28
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

log in

join