It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Rebukes Limbaugh, Thanks woman called a "slut" and "prostitute"

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

“I decided I was absolutely not willing to compromise the quality of my education in exchange for my health care,”

What I'm reading there is that she chose to go to Georgetown for the education. However that wasn't going to stop her from fighting for the policies she wanted to see enacted. In other words it's exactly what I said. She wasn't going to go to a lesser school simply because they covered birth control. Instead she was going to get the best possible education available to her while also attempting to get what she wanted.

As I said before, my university had a one strike policy. Just because some of the people who fought against it were marijuana smokers and they knew about the one strike policy before they chose to go to school there doesn't mean they chose the school simply to fight against the one strike policy.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The way I look at it is this...if the "pill" was prescribed for the purpose of treating a medical condition such as preventing ovarian cysts or to help alleviate severe menstrual cycles, then I think insurance companies should cover it, just as they cover other medications that might have dual uses.

However, I do not think that any insurance company should have to cover contraceptives being used for the sole purpose of preventing pregnancy. That is, and should remain, the responsibility of the individual. They should either purchase the contraceptive out of pocket, or should exercise some self control.

Also, it is not just the woman who is responsible. If a man wants to have sex, and he doesn't want to father a child, or his partner doesn't want to conceive one, it is also his responsibility to take actions to prevent the possibility. That action could be to wear a condom, or it could be to abstain.

I think it all boils down to people needing to take responsibility for their actions and exercise some self control.

As to Rush Limbaugh's statements, they were crass to say the least, but I find it interesting that when he is the victim of hateful remarks made by others, no one gets outraged. I believe that anyone who inserts himself or herself into a public debate should be prepared for the kind of vitriol their opposition will spew. That goes for any public discourse. Not everyone debates honestly and honorably, so be prepared.
edit on 3-3-2012 by BomSquad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Why is everyone missing the point. We are not debating coverage. The debate is over the words FREE and MANDATE. Ms. Fluke wants FREE PILLS period. She does not think her fellow Law Students should have to pay a dime for their birth control pills. She felt the same way when she enrolled in Georgetown 3 years ago. She knew the policy long before she wrote her $47,000 check for her first years tuition.

Get it?? FREE MANDATE

Who pays??

She doesn't want it free...she wants it included in the insurance she already pays for from the school.

What don't you understand about INSURANCE PREMIUMS????

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I really don't see what the problem is here.

There is a set amount of coverage and certain things are covered certain things are not.

Some jobs don't provide dental or corrective lenses coverage.
If you want those you need to negotiate to have them included, find a different coverage that covers them or get a different job that offered the coverage.
If it's college coverage find a college that provides what you want.

Access should be universal, that means everyone who wants it should have it.
It's optional though under many health plans, just as dental and eye glasses are.

No one is saying she or anyone else can't have it, just that she would have to pay for it.

What on earth happened to paying for your own stuff?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

A drug addict said something about a person who said something about an issue someone else was promoting as important to other people.
edit on 3-3-2012 by rwfresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Rush Limbaugh Apologizes for Calling Sandra Fluke a 'Slut'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brian2384

Originally posted by arbiture
reply to post by Brian2384

No, birth control should never be mandatory. I'm pro-choice

Pro-choice for who? You? nobody else matters right?

Oh give it a rest huh? I don't know about you but no matter how hard I try I can't get pregnant.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by Muttley2012

Originally posted by rebellender
some how the

paid $3000 a year for contraception

got left out of this thread, Rushes point was that that was a lot of Contraception.

As a man...a man who knows nothing about birth control pills; Rush (and you) fails to recognize the fact that birth control pills are something that must be taken daily, year-round. It's not a magical pill the female takes exclusively on the night of a sexual encounter. You must be mistaking the standard birth control pill with the "Plan B" pill (which is essentially an abortion pill....not a preventive pill).

Of course you would know that if you read the entire thread....or if you had bothered to research it. Deny ignorance and go educate yourself, rather than throwing around uninformed rhetoric and bald face lies.

I suspect you knew that, but you couldn't help but repeat the talking points of your conservative masters.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Muttley2012 because: (no reason given)

$29.95 monthly thats what $ 359.40 planned parenthood for the prescription $0 Not having sex $0
deny Ignorance and quit calling people that disagree with you stupid

She never claimed that birth control cost her $3000 per year....that is a Rush Limbaugh lie. Not that cost matters in this discussion....the discussion is about availability of necessary Rx's.

She attends an Ivy league college. Why the need for government assistance?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brian2384

reply to post by Brian2384

No, birth control should never be mandatory. I'm pro-choice

Pro-choice for who? You? nobody else matters right?

Oh give it a rest huh? I don't know about you but no matter how hard I try I can't get pregnant.

Lucky you, or is there aspirin in the equation?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Using birth control is responsible.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

repost

If you get free birth control, I should get free beer!

Both are recreation. Fertility is not a disease. If you want to use birth control so you can screw around, that's fine. Budget for it and pay for it yourself. Why should I have to pay for it (In the form of higher premiums or directly as a taxpayer)? Insurance is supposed to "spread the risk" for diseases over which you have no control. Although lifestyle affects health, no one wants a heart attack or cancer. Insurance helps pay for your care when you are ill.

Now if you get free birth control, I want free beer. Not Miller Lite either. I mean GOOD beer. It's as much recreation as sex, therefore if you subsidize sexual recreation, why don't you subsidize my beer, which is also recreation. Ms. Fluke says her and all her college friends in law school will go broke buying birth control because they have so much sex in college. Well, beer is as much a part of the college experience as sex is, so how about some equality here?

And if you call me a drunk because I want free beer, I expect a call from Obama asking if I'm okay.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa
reply to post by rebellender

Using birth control is responsible.

want me to pay all your bills or just your birth control.
You want steak tomorrow, I'm eating Top Ramon you want, Rib eye, New York, Fillet, greek yogurt, anti pasta plate.
have some education, what Doctor, Lawyer Engineer, you want MIT Texas A&M Princeton Yale Harvard?
You need a car to get around, Honda Toyota Chevy Volt maybe?
have some spending money too. what do you need a grand a week, will that cover it.

Dont say the original $3000 will do cause I was young once and $3000 don't keep a girl happy

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
Why why why are people allowed to run their mouth as they do I'm all for free speech but to belittle someone like that is wrong, and who cares if she is a slut, limbo is a slut for expelling all that vitriolic drivel.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

Honestly i think rush's ratings wouldn't be as big as they are if so many people weren't intentionally tuning in just to be mortified at what comes out of his twinkie chute.

I dont like the guy remotely but i don't think anything should be done about him. People just need to have the common sense to ignore the troll.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BomSquad

However, I do not think that any insurance company should have to cover contraceptives being used for the sole purpose of preventing pregnancy. That is, and should remain, the responsibility of the individual. They should either purchase the contraceptive out of pocket, or should exercise some self control.

I had the pleasure of Seeing Redd Foxx talk about this very subject live 30 yrs ago. His solution was very inexpensive and headache free, its done all the time.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

And you know how? who cares if she is a slut...or not...keyword in post: if...

edit on 4-3-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Insurance doesn't pay for everything. Likely she still has to pay an out of pocket deductible before anything else can get covered and there may be a separate co-pay for prescriptions.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I totally agree with you on this. The woman is not just trying to get free contraceptives, she is trying to challenge the Church. This all came about after the Catholic Church fought the Obamacare mandate on contraceptives. Now, how many people here also know that even the generic Pill has abortifacient properties? People think the Pill just prevents pregnancies by preventing the release of the egg from the ovaries, but some other actions can occur. Sometimes an egg can still be released but implantation will not occur, and the fertilized egg will be aborted.
There is documented evidence of this. This is one reason why the Church can stand against generic contraceptives, because millions of babies can be aborted without the woman ever knowing she was even pregnant.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

What?

I'm not sure if I was reading English or Engrish.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by Muttley2012

So what does that have to do with anything?

Simply put, she should pay for her own insurance to have that option.

The whole point of this is she is challenging the Church policy of not paying for contracepetives. I don't know if she is an actual operative for the administration or an operative of one of the many Soros funded orgs, but her move is clearly in tandem with the current phase of this admin. Knowing the penchant this admin has for community organizing, it is not a stretch of the imagination that her actions are motivated by a radical leftist agenda. Georgetown University is a Catholic institution.
Look at how POTUS went to Notre Dame, another Christian institution, and had the statues covered up for his visit. Something is definitely amiss here, and it's a secular agenda designed to attack traditional Christian institutions.

religiousleftexposed.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
So is she a slut or not? Did they all come to a conclusion? If she's a prostitute then she is a slut. But she could be a slut and not a prostitute. I think people just want to know at this point. Why is Obama hiding this information from us? They had a telephone conversation and i want to know exactly what was said! Something about HAARP? Incommensurability and the NWO reality matrix? I think there is WAY more to this story. And you know for damn sure Ron Paul is being completely ignored on the subject. Mitt Romney needs to step in and put a band-aid on this if they are going to pull off the upcoming election. We all know that if this woman IS in fact a slut there is a good chance that the false flag that will launch WWIII is not far behind. If she's a prostitute we get a false flag, 3/4 of the population is culled under the foot of the NWO techno-Christ. It's pretty serious.

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join