It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Rebukes Limbaugh, Thanks woman called a "slut" and "prostitute"

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by MidnightTide

Nobody is asking you to pay for anyone's birth control. It about negotiating an insurance policy with an employer or educator that includes women's reproductive services.
edit on 3-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

She wants insurance to pay for her birth control correct? So everyone who pays the insurance company will be paying for it....there is no free stuff. Insurance is for injuries, illnesses. If you want birth control, pay for it. If the health insurance industry has to cover preventative treatments such birth control I think the auto insurance industry should be required to cover my tires, brakes and windshield wipers.

But by all means, if this woman privately wants to negotiate a deal with her private insurance to include birth control - then go for it. But by no means should the government get involved in this, or tax payer dollars.

edit: Ok, her employer pays for her insurance I believe. Therefore her employment has every right to dictate what is covered. She doesn't like it then tough, find a job with the insurance package she prefers.

edit on 3-3-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Could someone post a transcript where Rush actually called Sandra a "slut" or "prostitute"?

Not defending Rush at all, really I can't stand him. I just see how this is being taken out of context and has been inflated beyond what it actually is. I want to see where he calls this lady the accused names. He doesn't come out and say "Sandra Fluke is a Slut" does he?

"What does it say about the college coed Susan [SIC] Fluke, who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex?," he said on his radio show. "What does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex."

www.nydailynews.com...

some how the

paid $3000 a year for contraception

got left out of this thread, Rushes point was that that was a lot of Contraception.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

If you want birth control, pay for it.

Agreed.
options are:
pay for Birth control
have babies
dont have sex
become a dictatorship and mandate number of children born to a woman (the big elephant in the room nobody wants to see)

Going to college is for getting an education. A novel idea isn't it.

edit on 3-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
some how the

got left out of this thread, Rushes point was that that was a lot of Contraception.

As a man...a man who knows nothing about birth control pills; Rush (and you) fails to recognize the fact that birth control pills are something that must be taken daily, year-round. It's not a magical pill the female takes exclusively on the night of a sexual encounter. You must be mistaking the standard birth control pill with the "Plan B" pill (which is essentially an abortion pill....not a preventive pill).

Of course you would know that if you read the entire thread....or if you had bothered to research it. Deny ignorance and go educate yourself, rather than throwing around uninformed rhetoric and bald face lies.

I suspect you knew that, but you couldn't help but repeat the talking points of your conservative masters.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Muttley2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Brian2384

No, birth control should never be mandatory. I'm pro-choice

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Muttley2012

So what does that have to do with anything?

Simply put, she should pay for her own insurance to have that option.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

So what does that have to do with anything?

Simply put, she should pay for her own insurance to have that option.

Ahh, but she did pay for her own insurance....it's part of the package one receives as a student via tuition fees. That is a universal fact.

She paid her dues, so she is entitled to FULL coverage; not SELECTIVE coverage.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well, one of two choices:

1. She could get a Depo shot, good for three months and probibly cheaper than the pill. Can be obtained at Planed Parenthood.
2. Since she's in school, maybe she should worry more about keeping her mind open rather than her legs.

IMHO of course.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

some how the

As a man...a man who knows nothing about birth control pills; Rush (and you) fails to recognize the fact that birth control pills are something that must be taken daily, year-round. It's not a magical pill the female takes exclusively on the night of a sexual encounter. You must be mistaking the standard birth control pill with the "Plan B" pill (which is essentially an abortion pill....not a preventive pill).

Of course you would know that if you read the entire thread....or if you had bothered to research it. Deny ignorance and go educate yourself, rather than throwing around uninformed rhetoric and bald face lies.

I suspect you knew that, but you couldn't help but repeat the talking points of your conservative masters.

$29.95 monthly thats what $ 359.40 planned parenthood for the prescription $0 Not having sex $0
deny Ignorance and quit calling people that disagree with you stupid

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
3 GRAND A YEAR!!

That is screwing several times a day for an entire year anyone who doesn't see that is well STUPID !
!

edit on 3-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
reply to post by Brian2384

No, birth control should never be mandatory. I'm pro-choice

Pro-choice for who? You? nobody else matters right?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Love the personal attack how about educating YOURSELF when WE already pay for them via
planned parenthood.

Which gives them to anyone who asks.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

some how the

$29.95 monthly thats what $ 359.40 planned parenthood for the prescription $0 Not having sex $0
deny Ignorance and quit calling people that disagree with you stupid

She never claimed that birth control cost her $3000 per year....that is a Rush Limbaugh lie. Not that cost matters in this discussion....the discussion is about availability of necessary Rx's.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Love the personal attack how about educating YOURSELF when WE already pay for them via
planned parenthood.

Which gives them to anyone who asks.

Calling out ignorance is now a personal attack? Ok, apparently ATS allows such attacks, as "deny ignorance" is the motto in this world. My recommendation is get thicker skin or go away.

P.S. planned parenthood is not available everywhere....maybe in Georgetown, BUT not everywhere. Her testimony before congress was not about her, it was about women in general.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Planned Parenthood was in my podunk town, an on the counter at the reception desk is a large bowl of Condoms Free Gratis........Deny Ignorance Get Educated

added content: From CBS

“Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school,” Fluke told the hearing.

No the discussion is about Rush Limbaugh calling a woman a slut
and should be about why is this woman's sex life a matter of Congress and why does she rate a call from Obama because she is called one.

Abstinence is an option for the financially challenged people which do not want children. Its called responsibility.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevpa

Originally posted by dannotz

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Bravo Obama...good for you. Maybe some conservatives can take some notes on how to make a statement on the issue while staying above the pettiness.

And this is the difference between liberals and conservatives.

Liberal view on women using contraception: It is their right to be able to plan their future with contraception, it is a medical issue and thus should be covered under health insurance.

Conservative view on women using contraception: They are whores and sluts who should keep their legs closed.

The same type of thinking goes for homosexuals, the poor, and immigrants.

Liberals on homosexuals: They are people too, government shouldn't rule who you should love. Their HUMAN rights should be protected.
Conservatives on homosexuals: Screw em, They are disgusting perverts and should be shamed into conforming to MY views.

Liberals on the poor: We should help people who have fallen on hard times.
Conservatives on the poor: Screw em, they are lazy idiots that just want to leech off of us.

Liberals on immigrants: We should be accepting to people who want to come here and make a better life for themselves, we should make it easier on them to come here legally.
Conservative on immigrants: Screw em...they look different, speak different, and act different than "true" Americans...we got here first...they can go back to where they came from.

I really think people who have voted Republican for decades may finally be waking up to the fact that they have been decieved to vote against their own, and fellow countrymens, interests.
edit on 2-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

Great observation, you really hit the nail on the head.

And "petty" is the perfect word for how a lot of conservatives answer to where they stand on certain issues.

It's a nasty attitude, and a ignorant view on humanity.

good post

Why are liberals always so hateful? I just don't get it. Mind you I am Independent, but it just seems to me that first, the assessment here of liberal vs conservative view is just wrong, and second, why lie about how conservatism actually works? I'll just give you one example of how your statements are wrong, I could provide answers to all of them but who would really pay attention?

Liberals on the poor: We should help people who have fallen on hard times. Conservatives on the poor: Screw em, they are lazy idiots that just want to leech off of us.

It is a fact that Conservatives give more to charitable causes than Liberals. It never ceases to amaze me why each side attacks each other like this.

I would suggest that the both of you check your FACTS before making false statements against a political party. It's childish, really.

The person i replied to is VERY informed in politics and such things. SO i felt confident with my statement to him. So yea, take it up with him, i'm sure he'd school you.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join