It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Rebukes Limbaugh, Thanks woman called a "slut" and "prostitute"

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
reply to post by RealSpoke

How about because I do not want to pay for it for her...its like the inner city woman having baby after baby not knowing who the father is or where and collecting federal assistance. You could argue that these woman need it, but do you think they would use it if they had access to it...?

At what point does it become the individuals fault for their actions...? Its not for the Government to fix.

I get a lot of action when I am on leave and I don't knock any woman up, I buy my own condoms...

This is BS...

Sniper

Aside from the fact there are medical conditions that birth control pills help prevent such as certain cancers, the idea that "the inner city women not knowing where the father is"(do you mean inner city as in black?) actually a lot more white women have kids on assistance and the dumber or uninformed or irresponsible one is, likely the more kids they have.

And why IS the father when he's "no where to be found", not responsible as well and the cowardly bastered called on any man's obligations? Any moron male can f*** and walk. Always amaze's me when a guy gets pissed off at the women for "letting it happen". Hey genius guys out there, unless its the immaculate conception guess what? Takes two to tango.

By the way, why not pay for birth control on Public Assistance for any women with the proviso they will NOT get more cash with each kid they have? That's SO stupid and often happens. Oh, but wait I hear some in the religious right jumping to the defense of women, one would think their incapable of "defending women's rights in ANY capacity" but I see them so piously screaming in party goose-step "HOW DARE the big bad government tell a women she can't have a child"!

How amazing they are so concerned about the unborn as opposed to the born. Let them put up or stop being so transparently hypocritical. I don't direct this to you but the religious Taliban the other Americans have to put up with, hey it is a free country which allows for all kinds of shameless pontificating in His name. Someone says it, own it as your opinion, stop blaming God for this and an excuse for everything else, OK everyone?

By the way, the argument is that insurance companies pick up the costs for birth control when religious institutions have a major issue in certain cases, but a lot of non-Catholics work at Catholic hospitals, schools, and even church's. Obama tried to accommodate this even though he should have said tough, don't like it or do what many "church's "are doing like openly politicize this and other political issues by telling their parishioners that they have to support with cash+votes a certain demonstrably religious view in the political area? Can anyone say political minefield?

Fine. Then give up tax free exemption because this is political intrusion and lobbying, not religious expression when they tell the sheeple whom and what to vote for. Personally I never liked the idea any religion can be a multi-billion dollar international corporation and pay nothing in taxes. Yeah like they have no money. Ever seen the Vatican museum? Magnificent. The most audacious and beautiful museum I have ever seen and I've seen quite a few.

And for those who think I'm anti-religious as any who disagree's with any religion often labeled? Check out my posts over time, it's obvious I'm very open to the practice of any religion except that which condone blatant child abuse, animal sacrifice and cruelty, etc. I also point out freedom of religion MUST ALSO UNDERSTAND it also means FREEDOM FROM RELIGION. And I can think of no better example where those who so often scream "less government, get the government out of peoples lives"! They have no problem with burning the Constitution 's part about separation of church and state. What insight into church/state associations the Founders had.

I appalled you for being responsible when it comes to condoms etc. But there not fail-safe, nothing really is and hence birth control must be a shared responsibility, and multiple methods that don't conflict is the best way to go. We are working on the male pill, thats proven much more complicated because early drugs studied also could render a man impotent (kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?)

Some could have caused sterility, or long term reduction in a mans sperm count. Women going off the pill for example have no trouble getting pregnant if they wish. But we are getting closer to a safe reliable and an effect that is reversed after a man stops using it so the guy has more choices in contraception then condoms or a vasectomy the later very hard after a while to reverse, but not impossible.

Government that does say pay for Norplant sub-q implants thats cheaper then unwanted kids and you don't need to take a pill daily, and lasts many month's.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
The term Rebuke makes me remember Jesus in the bible. He was always rebuking people. Funny how it only became trendy to use the phrase in political reporting when the USA elected our own messiah.

We did? And no one told me?! How rude...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by mastahunta

You do not have to pay for others, you pay less in the end, you have to pay more
for Pregnancy and all the associated costs.

Brilliant! That sounds exactly like the mafia strongman at your restaurant who is telling you it's much cheaper to pay him to protection money every month than it would be to build a new restaurant.

Funny you say this guy is sounding like a mafia strongman. Wouldn't work for the Catholic church would you? A strong observational perspective for me to voice, but given the history of "The Church", (as if there is only one...) his comments are simply true, and it still amaze's me how concerned so many are for the unborn, but the born?

If those SO concerned would they step up to the plate and put their money where their mouth is? Then I would have tremendous respect for those acknowledging we all actually are living in the real world and not some theological abstraction. Those who don't bother about "connecting the dots" then its easy to take any position when its someone else's problem. Isn't it?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Limbaugh is just well versed in low level dog whistle politics and religious dogma. He knows what pushes his audiences buttons and only has to appeal to the lowest common denominator to be successful.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture

reply to post by mastahunta

You do not have to pay for others, you pay less in the end, you have to pay more
for Pregnancy and all the associated costs.

Brilliant! That sounds exactly like the mafia strongman at your restaurant who is telling you it's much cheaper to pay him to protection money every month than it would be to build a new restaurant.

Funny you say this guy is sounding like a mafia strongman. Wouldn't work for the Catholic church would you? A strong observational perspective for me to voice, but given the history of "The Church", (as if there is only one...) his comments are simply true, and it still amaze's me how concerned so many are for the unborn, but the born?

If those SO concerned would they step up to the plate and put their money where their mouth is? Then I would have tremendous respect for those acknowledging we all actually are living in the real world and not some theological abstraction. Those who don't bother about "connecting the dots" then its easy to take any position when its someone else's problem. Isn't it?

Nope, certainly not Catholic nor affiliated with the Catholic Church in any way, shape or form.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy 5$ worth of jimmy-hats then to # with insurance premiums?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Fair enough...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wbf850
reply to post by RealSpoke

errrr she can have all the birth control that she wants. I buy my own rubbers so why should i have to pay her or pay for any other man or women's birth control. Why do i have to pay for it?

And to go and testify like she did is pathetic. It's like 'I have to use birthcontrol so much I cant afford it, so would you please please please make the tax payers pay for my birth control so i can have sex.'

give me more give me more...... debt, debt, debt. listen to her testimony. limbaiugh is crude but he is right.

stand up to that type of testimoney or are you to sheepeople

What the heck are you talking about? Don't you know anything about how birth control works? Where, in Sandra Fluke's testimony, did she ever mention her sexuality in anyway? Way to derail a discussion. Did you even listen to it, or read the transcript? You sound like a real troll, welcome to ATS newbie.

You and your money never ever come into the equation of this discussion of birth control. They want to negotiate an insurance plan, through their school's insurance policy, included in their tuition, that covers issues important to them. How about you and your rubbers stop trying to confuse and muddy the issue with ignorance.

ATS motto: DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Having sex is NOT a human right.

If you're too poor to afford birth control and too lazy to go get free condoms then keep your pants buttoned. I shouldn't be required to fund other people's irresponsibility.

PFFFT!
Of course sexuality is a human right. Who's going to stop it? What planet do live on again? Get real.

What happened to being "your brother's keeper?"

Hypocrite much?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Obama is a piece of Kenyan born, Muslim, Communist filth! What that bag of feces says is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
Why why why are people allowed to run their mouth as they do I'm all for free speech but to belittle someone like that is wrong, and who cares if she is a slut, limbo is a slut for expelling all that vitriolic drivel.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

The whole point of free speech is misunderstood. Free speech protects from the government legislating what you what you can do and can not say or right. You are still responsible for the actions and consequences of what you say or the lies you tell. If this woman sues -- the government has nothing to do with the results the trial or the outcome. If a judge determines that her complaint - in a civil court is supported by the law - Rush looses. The government still has not had a say in it Limbaugh has exercised his right to spew whatever comes out of his drug addled head. The woman has exercised her right as a private citizen not to be publically defamed. There is a difference between public and private citizen, that is why I can call Limbaugh drug addled - I am also protected because no one really cares what I say.

Forever Googling this woman's name will bring up slut and prostitute. Probably not good for a beginning lawyer.

What I find particularly onerous about this was that she was asked to participate in this public discourse to provide a point of view. Before a group of US Congressman. One may or may not agree with her point of view, but she should not be disparaged. Otherwise we have certainly lost the ability to hold open and honest discourse.. Is that not one of the fundamental properties of a civilized representative government.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

"Aside from the fact there are medical conditions that birth control pills help prevent such as certain cancers"
Such as breast cancer? Cause we all know that breast cancer is the only important cancer.

"And why IS the father when he's "no where to be found", not responsible as well and the cowardly bastered called on any man's obligations?"
Because we cannot choose abortion and have no reproductive rights. What? Condoms? That's it? How about you pay for my vasectomy.

"How amazing they are so concerned about the unborn as opposed to the born."
I hear that some folks at Oxford say the even the born are not human yet.

On second thought, maybe birth control should be mandatory. Many women with several kids from several fathers. It can't be good for society can it? I've passed up such because I don't want other peoples children.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Having sex is NOT a human right.

If you're too poor to afford birth control and too lazy to go get free condoms then keep your pants buttoned. I shouldn't be required to fund other people's irresponsibility.

PFFFT!
Of course sexuality is a human right. Who's going to stop it? What planet do live on again? Get real.

What happened to being "your brother's keeper?"

Hypocrite much?

Take responsibility for your actions.....I am not here to look out for you, or anyone else. Not here to pay for a woman's birth control - she can do it herself. (and hey, if she can't, then too bad)

As to your brother's keeper - all this we all should look out for one another is all fine and good as an ideal, but hasn't worked at all in the real world.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Women can't buy their own birth control stuff?

I simply don't understand.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

But really, who cares what Limbaugh thinks? He can say whatever he wants to say, the beauty of free speech.

On the other hand, one would have to be mentally deficient to buy into his crap.

But anyways, who cares what the guy says, just ignore him like all the other clowns.

Khar

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingPanzergrenadier
Obama is a piece of Kenyan born, Muslim, Communist filth! What that bag of feces says is irrelevant.

Tell us what you really think.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Nobody is asking you to pay for anyone's birth control. It about negotiating an insurance policy with an employer or educator that includes women's reproductive services.
edit on 3-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My hard earned tax dollars paying so a future LAWYER can get laid. It is the END...Would it not be more cost effective if we just retroactivly abort all the Lawyers?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
So obama takes money from a man who calls women the C -word never "rebuked" him Being Maher among the many sexist comments he has made over the years.

But when it comes to Obama care and being on their parents insurance til 26 which liberals want birth control and it is contraception as the word means

con·tra·cep·tion/ˌkäntrəˈsepSHən/
Noun:
The deliberate use of artificial methods or other techniques to prevent pregnancy as a consequence of sexual intercourse

Who does Liberals and Obama think they are fooling you want the Government to pay for people to screw and it's more than just the pill it's the morning after they can lump a myriad of things under the guise of contraception
besides billions are spent on planned parenthood that gives them away.

If you take other peoples money to screw around yeah that makes them a slut.

Pay for it themselves and they are not.

On another note since the Government gets all the money writes all the rules that makes Government and Obama pimps.
edit on 3-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join