Obama Rebukes Limbaugh, Thanks woman called a "slut" and "prostitute"

page: 18
28
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254
 


Why is everyone missing the point. We are not debating coverage. The debate is over the words FREE and MANDATE. Ms. Fluke wants FREE PILLS period. She does not think her fellow Law Students should have to pay a dime for their birth control pills. She felt the same way when she enrolled in Georgetown 3 years ago. She knew the policy long before she wrote her $47,000 check for her first years tuition.

Get it?? FREE MANDATE

Who pays??




posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


So you're just going to ignore what was just posted regarding birth control helping with problems that can be life threatening and go back to the claims that this whole argument is about sex? Ladies and gentlemen I present to ignorance in action.


Birth control pills do not cure any disease or injury. So you cannot claim they cure any life-threatening condition. And even if those diseases are life-threatening, birth control pills do not cure the condition. Word mean something. I never said the pills don't help with the symptoms of those conditions.


Treating disease is the basis of healthcare in this society. If you don't like it, then please leave and join a society that doesn't treat disease. If you want to be a member of this society, then deal with the fact that a majority of this society has made that decision - a long time ago - that treating disease (not just curing it) is an integral part of the healthcare system that exists for it as a society. India doesn't bother with any of that liberal nonsense, and I'm sure you'd be able to make a good living there. You could even be like the Founding Fathers and own people of your own there.

Seriously. Consider it.
edit on 3/3/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

. You sound like you have a McDonalds salary.



You sound like an Elitist who looks down their nose at working people.


I happen to agree with Eurisko2012, so does that make me an elitist as well?

Many of us are sick and tired of having to pay for others.


Yes, what in the world ever happened to self-reliance?

The left wing loons always cry on our shoulders for - free money-.


You can't permanently keep self-reliant people in your voting block.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Umm yes they do. I have to take it to keep cysts from forming myself I just happen to have the good fortune to have insurance that covers it. If it didn't I would have to deal with the possibility of having my ovaries removed. I got fortunate the cyst i developed at the age of 16 that had to be surgically removed didn't cost me one already.


But they - do - cover it so you do not need ObamaCare.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This Fluke woman and the media interviewing her is such an obvious propaganda stunt it isn't even funny...

If they were choosing a shill to bat for them, they wouldn't have ever found a better one than this incredibly radical woman.. She has almost more ties to radical organizations.. than President Obama does..

Just a guess, but I would bet that they knew someone like Rush would drool and come unglued upon seeing this whacko lady start jabbering like an old fashioned wind up toy, and they guessed right, from seeing Rush go bonkers on her.. Just like they hoped..

For me it has been 100% pure laughs , and this thread has really lightened my day with non stop comedy, I want to thank everyone for making my day!



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
Why why why are people allowed to run their mouth as they do I'm all for free speech but to belittle someone like that is wrong, and who cares if she is a slut, limbo is a slut for expelling all that vitriolic drivel.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)


Rush Limbaugh appeals to base, lizard brained folks. People enjoy that he says things that they can't. For the morally bankrupt segment of the far-right who tires of constantly having to think about others, who are easily exhausted by the facade of morals and principles they must maintain, he represents "release" akin to loudly farting ini a crowded elevator.

He is the champion of everyone on the far right who is exhausted repressing their vilest emotions and sentiments.

His show is simply moral faltulance. You can see it in his expressions, hear it in his tone. He makes money off of celebrating and justifying the worst, base instincts of the far-right. I rank listening to Rush up there with using a Porta-Potty at a crowded concert.

That said, we are a market of free speech and free ideas and I am glad that he has the right to speak, but am more glad that people call him what he is in forums like this and other places.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Xcalibur254
 


Why is everyone missing the point. We are not debating coverage. The debate is over the words FREE and MANDATE. Ms. Fluke wants FREE PILLS period. She does not think her fellow Law Students should have to pay a dime for their birth control pills. She felt the same way when she enrolled in Georgetown 3 years ago. She knew the policy long before she wrote her $47,000 check for her first years tuition.

Get it?? FREE MANDATE

Who pays??


Yes, Sandra Fluke has an entitlement mentality. It's a good bet her parents

wrote on the slate of who she is. - Left Wing Loon - who catches Nancy Pelosi

softball questions.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Xcalibur254
 


Why is everyone missing the point. We are not debating coverage. The debate is over the words FREE and MANDATE. Ms. Fluke wants FREE PILLS period. She does not think her fellow Law Students should have to pay a dime for their birth control pills. She felt the same way when she enrolled in Georgetown 3 years ago. She knew the policy long before she wrote her $47,000 check for her first years tuition.

Get it?? FREE MANDATE

Who pays??


They pay an insurance premium. That covers the costs of the entire business arrangement between their university (or future employer once they've moved on to working after college) and the health insurance carrier. If the insurance carrier doesn't like the arrangement, then they can find a way to make it work for them. The costs aren't absorbed by YOU at all. You don't actually exist within this arrangement. Not even a little bit.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Believer101
For those of you who don't care enough to listen to a woman who knows what she's talking about, maybe you'll listen to this site here:


Adolescent girls and young women are frequently prescribed birth control pills for irregular or absent menstrual periods, menstrual cramps, acne, PMS, endometriosis, and for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Girls who are diagnosed with PCOS are often prescribed oral contraceptives to lower their hormone levels and regulate their menstrual periods.


Source

Again, do some research. It's good for you.


NONE of that is life-threatening!

there is no medical emergency if a woman can't get hormone pills. It may be an emergency for that woman, but for the rest of society we don't care! Women have been dealing with hormonal issues since Eve had her first period.


According to this logic we might as well throw medicine and science out the window altogether. We have been dealing with disease and illness for the same amount of time right?



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Not every plan covers it. I got lucky and have one that does. At the very minimum it should be treated like any other prescription and it is not. That is a problem. Just because I happened to get lucky does not mean I should turn a blind eye to the fact that other women can and will suffer for no reason.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I find it Ironic that people are getting so bent out of shape over the potential mandate for insurance providers to cover birth control, which is not solely used as an indicate for sexual activity and as I explained earlier there are some medical treatments that can cause such severe birth defects that the FDA mandates that a woman that is of age to become pregnant, take not one but 2 forms of birth control to ensure that a pregnancy does not occur

Yet your tax dollars do fund medicare and medicare covers Viagra for men which has been brought up on this thread a few times with very minor comments in comparison.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Not every plan covers it. I got lucky and have one that does. At the very minimum it should be treated like any other prescription and it is not. That is a problem. Just because I happened to get lucky does not mean I should turn a blind eye to the fact that other women can and will suffer for no reason.


If their plan doesn't cover it then they can shop around for an insurance company that does.

That is what's great about the free market system.

The iron fist of socialism ObamaCare may make the death panel decision

to just give you a pain pill.

The Public Option is not always wonderful. Just ask the Canadians.

They have something called Medical Tourism.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre
 


This is because most people capable of using general reasoning skills understand that the ability to get an erection aided or unaided by medication has positive effect on a mans long term mental health. And because of that can't in good conscience wouldn't want to see men that legitimately need such aid not get it despite the fact there is a rather large market for those that use the drug for recreational purposes.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I do ask the Canadians I talk to two or three on an almost daily basis. One of whom would have been dead years ago if she had to live with our medical system because there is no way she could ever afford the treatments for her blood disease. For the most part they tell me they are quite happy with the care they get. And here we go with the Death Panels again. What exactly would you call the an insurance company whose sole purpose in being is to make as much money as possible. You worry about the Government creating a death panel yet somehow your magically ok with a company doing it as long as they make a buck off it?
edit on 3-3-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Believer101
For those of you who don't care enough to listen to a woman who knows what she's talking about, maybe you'll listen to this site here:


Adolescent girls and young women are frequently prescribed birth control pills for irregular or absent menstrual periods, menstrual cramps, acne, PMS, endometriosis, and for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Girls who are diagnosed with PCOS are often prescribed oral contraceptives to lower their hormone levels and regulate their menstrual periods.


Source

Again, do some research. It's good for you.


NONE of that is life-threatening!

there is no medical emergency if a woman can't get hormone pills. It may be an emergency for that woman, but for the rest of society we don't care! Women have been dealing with hormonal issues since Eve had her first period.


Jesus must be so proud that you represent his people on threads like this in the manner that you do. My God, what are you thinking? How do you actually perceive yourself as presenting your faith to hundreds of other people on this thread? Do you even have a clue as to the intense damage you're inflicting on the Christian brand with this sort of reply?

Human beings are God's most cherished creation. And that includes female human beings. When one of God's human beings is suffering from disease or any medical condition, how can denying that human being any level of legitimate relief be presented as Jesus' love for humanity in any reasonable or responsible manner. As a Christian, you're mandated - yes, it is a mandate from Jesus himself) to represent Him and His people in every action and reaction that you engage in while on this earth. And yet, just look at this behavior you're engaging in. It's embarrassing for anyone who's devoted to the mission and the true character of Jesus, and to the spreading of His word within our society.

Women are human beings, and their health concerns are human health concerns. The drugs that are sold as birth control by pharmaceutical companies are also effective in treating other serious health issues that women have, and this is widely known and well established medial fact. Your hatred of those who you have labeled your enemy is blinding you to the destruction that you're creating as you rail against them in this issue. And that destruction is really most centered on your own Christian public testimony, and the injured party in this disaster is your Lord Jesus Christ.

Seriously. Reconsider what you're doing here.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
Why why why are people allowed to run their mouth as they do I'm all for free speech but to belittle someone like that is wrong, and who cares if she is a slut, limbo is a slut for expelling all that vitriolic drivel.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)


Rush Limbaugh appeals to base, lizard brained folks. People enjoy that he says things that they can't. For the morally bankrupt segment of the far-right who tires of constantly having to think about others, who are easily exhausted by the facade of morals and principles they must maintain, he represents "release" akin to loudly farting ini a crowded elevator.

He is the champion of everyone on the far right who is exhausted repressing their vilest emotions and sentiments.

His show is simply moral faltulance. You can see it in his expressions, hear it in his tone. He makes money off of celebrating and justifying the worst, base instincts of the far-right. I rank listening to Rush up there with using a Porta-Potty at a crowded concert.

That said, we are a market of free speech and free ideas and I am glad that he has the right to speak, but am more glad that people call him what he is in forums like this and other places.


Yes, we have the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution. Rush Limbaugh has the right

to speak. Rush attacked Sandra Fluke.

That apparently made her a victim.

Obama calls her on MSNBC to hide behind her and "make sure she is alright".

Get it? Liberals love to hide behind victims.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I do ask the Canadians I talk to two or three on an almost daily basis. One of whom would have been dead years ago if she had to live with our medical system because there is no way she could ever afford the treatments for her blood disease. For the most part they tell me they are quite happy with the care they get. And here we go with the Death Panels again. What exactly would you call the an insurance company whose sole purpose in being is to make as much money as possible. You worry about the Government creating a death panel yet somehow your magically ok with a company doing it as long as they make a buck off it?
edit on 3-3-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)



Don't surrender your freedom.

Choice is a good thing. ObamaCare would run the other companies out of business.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A person who is having sex outside of marriage is making a grave mistake. It leads to heartbreak, disordered relationships, confusion and selfishness.

Contraception is wrong because it’s a deliberate violation of the design God built into the human race, often referred to as "natural law." The natural law purpose of sex is procreation. The pleasure that sexual intercourse provides is an additional blessing from God, intended to offer the possibility of new life while strengthening the bond of intimacy, respect, and love between husband and wife. The loving environment this bond creates is the perfect setting for nurturing children.

But sexual pleasure within marriage becomes unnatural, and even harmful to the spouses, when it is used in a way that deliberately excludes the basic purpose of sex, which is procreation. God’s gift of the sex act, along with its pleasure and intimacy, must not be abused by deliberately frustrating its natural end—procreation.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Believer101
For those of you who don't care enough to listen to a woman who knows what she's talking about, maybe you'll listen to this site here:


Adolescent girls and young women are frequently prescribed birth control pills for irregular or absent menstrual periods, menstrual cramps, acne, PMS, endometriosis, and for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Girls who are diagnosed with PCOS are often prescribed oral contraceptives to lower their hormone levels and regulate their menstrual periods.


Source

Again, do some research. It's good for you.


NONE of that is life-threatening!

there is no medical emergency if a woman can't get hormone pills. It may be an emergency for that woman, but for the rest of society we don't care! Women have been dealing with hormonal issues since Eve had her first period.


Jesus must be so proud that you represent his people on threads like this in the manner that you do. My God, what are you thinking? How do you actually perceive yourself as presenting your faith to hundreds of other people on this thread? Do you even have a clue as to the intense damage you're inflicting on the Christian brand with this sort of reply?

Human beings are God's most cherished creation. And that includes female human beings. When one of God's human beings is suffering from disease or any medical condition, how can denying that human being any level of legitimate relief be presented as Jesus' love for humanity in any reasonable or responsible manner. As a Christian, you're mandated - yes, it is a mandate from Jesus himself) to represent Him and His people in every action and reaction that you engage in while on this earth. And yet, just look at this behavior you're engaging in. It's embarrassing for anyone who's devoted to the mission and the true character of Jesus, and to the spreading of His word within our society.

Women are human beings, and their health concerns are human health concerns. The drugs that are sold as birth control by pharmaceutical companies are also effective in treating other serious health issues that women have, and this is widely known and well established medial fact. Your hatred of those who you have labeled your enemy is blinding you to the destruction that you're creating as you rail against them in this issue. And that destruction is really most centered on your own Christian public testimony, and the injured party in this disaster is your Lord Jesus Christ.

Seriously. Reconsider what you're doing here.


We can't run a nation with the excuse " What would Jesus do?"

Here in reality we have - limited resources -.



posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh's point was...if you can't afford birth control-don't have sex. How is that unreasonable?





new topics
top topics
 
28
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join