It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Rebukes Limbaugh, Thanks woman called a "slut" and "prostitute"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by mastahunta

Go to Planned Parenthood. It's a democrat sacred cow.

There are locations in Washington DC.

Guess what, just for you I called Planned Parenthood to ask about how much getting birth control from them would cost. Wanna know what they said?
"With insurance, depending on the type, it should be between $5 and $10. Without insurance, it could cost you anywhere between $30 and $150 out of pocket"

Hey! You did some research! Those amounts sound reasonable.

I helped you out. You sound like you have a McDonalds salary.

Can't you afford that?

link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
reply to post by RealSpoke

How about because I do not want to pay for it for her...
Sniper

Since when do YOU pay for it? The insurance carrier is the one determining the cost, so bitch at them. They're one pocketing billions that they charge all of us. Why aren't you pissed at them? They spend many billions each year on TV commercials and sports stadiums and all kinds of non-value-add trinkets like that - and don't get me started about the billions in lobbying and enormous salaries and bonuses - and you're upset about the pennies in extra premiums costs scattered across the hundreds of thousands who actually pay insurance premiums (which, but the way, you don't pay if you really are a sniper of some sort - presumably a US military sniper, and if not, then a hitman or a mercenary of some sort who wouldn't likely be getting heath care coverage from your employer)

All in all, it's pretty clear that you have no idea what the real issue is here.

link   

Condoms also don't help women keep their hormones in check, keep ovarian cysts away, help with severe menstrual cramps or acne.

Wait hold on, "keep their hormones in check"?? I thought this was about birth control? Now it's about helping women not be so bitchy on PMS? Again, WHY DO I NEED TO FINANCIALLY SUPPORT THIS?? None of what you described above is life-threatening. Dear Lord, what did women do before hormone pills were invented by drug manufacturers?
edit on Sat Mar 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

For those of you who don't care enough to listen to a woman who knows what she's talking about, maybe you'll listen to this site here:

Adolescent girls and young women are frequently prescribed birth control pills for irregular or absent menstrual periods, menstrual cramps, acne, PMS, endometriosis, and for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Girls who are diagnosed with PCOS are often prescribed oral contraceptives to lower their hormone levels and regulate their menstrual periods.

Source

Again, do some research. It's good for you.

NONE of that is life-threatening!

there is no medical emergency if a woman can't get hormone pills. It may be an emergency for that woman, but for the rest of society we don't care! Women have been dealing with hormonal issues since Eve had her first period.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Birth control DOES keep woman's hormones in check! I do not understand why you cannot comprehend that. Oh my freaking god, you think this is about "women being bitchy on PMS"?
Without my birth control I DON'T HAVE PERIODS. Without my friends birth control, HER ENDOMETRIOSIS GETS OUT OF WHACK. Endometriosis CAN be life threatening. So can ovarian cysts which BIRTH CONTROL helps prevent.
edit on Sat Mar 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

For those of you who don't care enough to listen to a woman who knows what she's talking about, maybe you'll listen to this site here:

Adolescent girls and young women are frequently prescribed birth control pills for irregular or absent menstrual periods, menstrual cramps, acne, PMS, endometriosis, and for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Girls who are diagnosed with PCOS are often prescribed oral contraceptives to lower their hormone levels and regulate their menstrual periods.

Source

Again, do some research. It's good for you.

NONE of that is life-threatening!

there is no medical emergency if a woman can't get hormone pills. It may be an emergency for that woman, but for the rest of society we don't care! Women have been dealing with hormonal issues since Eve had her first period.

Endometriosis and ovarian cysts CAN be life threatening!!! For gods sakes, do some research, please!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

. You sound like you have a McDonalds salary.

You sound like an Elitist who looks down their nose at working people.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Having sex is NOT a human right.

If you're too poor to afford birth control and too lazy to go get free condoms then keep your pants buttoned. I shouldn't be required to fund other people's irresponsibility.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

They can get insurance through Kaiser Permanente and pay the $5.

This - issue - is an air ball created by Nancy Pelosi - Sandra Fluke.

Planned Parenthood has all the answers for them. Just call.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So you're just going to ignore what was just posted regarding birth control helping with problems that can be life threatening and go back to the claims that this whole argument is about sex? Ladies and gentlemen I present to ignorance in action.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Endometriosis and ovarian cysts CAN be life threatening!!! For gods sakes, do some research, please!

Ummm, birth control pills cure neither problem.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

She talks like she doesn't have a penny in the world.

Classic victim card tactics. They don't work with me.

What in the world ever happened to self-reliance?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
reply to post by RealSpoke

How about because I do not want to pay for it for her...
Sniper

Since when do YOU pay for it? The insurance carrier is the one determining the cost, so bitch at them. They're one pocketing billions that they charge all of us. Why aren't you pissed at them? They spend many billions each year on TV commercials and sports stadiums and all kinds of non-value-add trinkets like that - and don't get me started about the billions in lobbying and enormous salaries and bonuses - and you're upset about the pennies in extra premiums costs scattered across the hundreds of thousands who actually pay insurance premiums (which, but the way, you don't pay if you really are a sniper of some sort - presumably a US military sniper, and if not, then a hitman or a mercenary of some sort who wouldn't likely be getting heath care coverage from your employer)

All in all, it's pretty clear that you have no idea what the real issue is here.

Dont blame the providers Blame the FDA for opening Pandoras Box when the allowed Drug companies to advertise directly to the consumer rather than to the physician.

Advertisements for prescription drugs were directed toward the ultimate
decision-makers, the prescribers. Recent changes, however, in the Food and Drug
Administration’s (FDA’s) guidance—introduced in 1997 and finalized in 1999—have
opened the door to a plethora of advertisements, obviously designed to alter the
decisionmaking balance between patients and physicians.
The growth of DTC advertising over the past eleven years has been exponential.
Although there are numerous sources with slightly varying DTC expenditure figures,
most reports provide numbers that are similar to those shown in Table 1, below.
Table 1
Year DTC Spending
1989 $12 million
1990 $48 million
1991 $56 million
1992 $156 million
1993 $166 million1
1994 $242 million
1995 $313 million
1996 $595 million
1997 $844 million
1998 $1.17 billion
1999 $1.58 billion
2000 $2.24 billion
2001 $2.38 billion

Those numbers are old and they are mind numbing. That opened door for the chain reaction that you are talking about. The spending, the sponsorships, naming rights etc

Interesting reading.. even more relevant today yet no one has tackled the issue
www.kff.org.../commonspot/security/getfile.cfm&PageID=14372

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

So you're just going to ignore what was just posted regarding birth control helping with problems that can be life threatening and go back to the claims that this whole argument is about sex? Ladies and gentlemen I present to ignorance in action.

Birth control pills do not cure any disease or injury. So you cannot claim they cure any life-threatening condition. And even if those diseases are life-threatening, birth control pills do not cure the condition. Word mean something. I never said the pills don't help with the symptoms of those conditions.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I happen to agree with Eurisko2012, so does that make me an elitist as well?

Many of us are sick and tired of having to pay for others.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

I happen to agree with Eurisko2012, so does that make me an elitist as well?

Many of us are sick and tired of having to pay for others.

Yes, what in the world ever happened to self-reliance?

The left wing loons always cry on our shoulders for - free money-.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

They help control the problem. Insulin doesn't cure diabetes. Chemo doesn't cure cancer. There are many life-threatening conditions out there that aren't cured by their treatment, merely controlled. Are you saying that a diabetic's insulin should no longer be covered by insurance?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Self reliance doesn't exist when there's no resources to be self reliant.

Why do they have to be left out in the cold?

It shouldn't be the government's job to pay for contraception, it should be left up to the individual's choice.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Umm yes they do. I have to take it to keep cysts from forming myself I just happen to have the good fortune to have insurance that covers it. If it didn't I would have to deal with the possibility of having my ovaries removed. I got fortunate the cyst i developed at the age of 16 that had to be surgically removed didn't cost me one already.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join