It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Rebukes Limbaugh, Thanks woman called a "slut" and "prostitute"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yes, Biden and Obama admitted a mistake in the first policy...and they corrected it.

That is what good leaders do.

And yet the Right cries...because that is what they do.

But you probably think admitting a mistake is a sign of weakness.

edit on 3-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

They shouldn't have tried it in the first place.

Those elitists snobs think they know best.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre

Originally posted by Believer101
Yet again I have to say this because people like you just don't understand. Being on birth control does NOT equal having sex!!!!

I understand your frustration

It's that old tunnel vision issue I posted about earlier

Taking Birth Control Pills is not an indication of someone's sexual activities!

It does get very frustrating when people who don't understand a topic start spewing lies about it. It's also frustrating that I've had to tell people over and over again when they just plain skip over my posts.

Just so everyone knows:

BEING ON BIRTH CONTROL DOES NOT EQUAL HAVING SEX.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Been there done that a couple of times, Tunnel vision!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by digginforthetruth
While I don't agree with the manner in which he said it, I don't think contraception should be something thrown on the taxpayers. Why should I have to pay for it. I have been married for 10 yrs and we didn't have a kids until we were 5 yrs into it. We used condoms. We never used birth control, but even if we did, why the hell should I expect someone else to pay for it. I don't see birth control as health care. I see it as pregnancy prevention, not health care.

Oh nooooooooo! You are arguing the common sense part of the story.

Fluke is playing the - victim - for Obama. Liberals love to hide behind - victims- .

It's obvious to everyone that Fluke should pay for her own recreation.

Go ahead and have sex. Just don't expect other people to pay for it.

----------
Birth control does not cost $1,000 a year for a student. Try CVS or Rite Aid or

maybe...........abstain from sex until you graduate.
---------
Well done Rush Limbaugh! Now - everyone - knows who Fluke is and what her

BS is all about. Now it's a joke.

Yet again I have to say this because people like you just don't understand. Being on birth control does NOT equal having sex!!!!

Without my birth control, my hormones get so f*cked up I will go months without a period. Without my friends birth control, a VIRGIN mind you, she will bleed more in a month than she wont and her endometriosis will flare up. Some other women use it for ovarian cysts. Some use it for severe menstrual cramps or severe acne.
Birth control, depending on the type (even over the counter ones) can cost from about $60 a month to $150 a month. That equals over $3,000 a year.
Please, do some research on a topic before you talk about a topic you know nothing about.

Birth control is --- C H E A P - !!! - Stop playing the - V I C T I M - card.

It will not work. You blew it. If you insist on the Public Option then

move to Canada.

Find other funding. Stop crying on the shoulders of the US taxpayers.

- Sandra Fluke is a national joke. -

ObamaCare will be found to be unconstitutional by SCOTUS. Get used to it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Having an unwanted baby IS a life-shattering situation. We're talking about preventative care here, not comfort. Smoking and bad eating habits, on the other hand, are all about comfort.

Preventative care is assumed within my arguments above. I argue that preventive care should not be used if there is no cost incentive. Insurance companies are against this mandate because the costs of implementation outweigh the unplanned pregnancies that may occur. It is as simple as math.

Also, the argument that contraception should be covered as "preventative care" is rather absurd since it does revolve around the comfort of the individual. You actually argue for my point when you discus obesity and people who do not care for themselves. With your logic in reference to contraception you could easily argue that those who are obese are simply living in the way that they desire and that is comfortable for them. Why should they be punished for eating food that tastes good and not getting up early to exercise because that might take away from comfort time. They have a right to have all the fun they want right? We should not expect the same responsibility for someone who is sexually active? I mean those that are obese are expected to buy the more expensive healthy foods and have a gym membership (which I might add is the same price approximately of birth control)? Do you see the disparity in your logic? We should be responsible for our actions and as such I'm in agreement that those that don't care of themselves should pay more, however, I am obligated by logic to apply the same principles to contraception.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl
The bottom line on this argument is this...the Government has no place telling private insurance companies what they must cover. End of argument. It is not their function. Where does it end? Does the government need to force companies, or they themselves provide every single thing a person "needs" (or wants...yea). Individual responsibility has to come into play at some point. I listened to her statements, was interesting how she came up with the costs, complaining how students just can't afford them...well, I was a student, if I couldn't afford things, I didn't get them...while sex is fun, it's a choice...not a right that needs to be financed by others.

Having hormonal problems, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and various other medical issues are not a choice. Being on birth control does NOT equal having sex.

Does Sandra Fluke have hormonal problems or ovarian cysts? Are you trying to

-change the game-? Nice try.

Sandra Fluke should - abstain - from sex if she can't afford it.

I'm not trying to change anything. I'm educating ignorant people like you.
Where did she say she's having "so much sex she can't afford birth control"?

Don't they have - birth control - at Planned Parenthood?

Planned Parenthood has locations in Washington DC.

You are losing this argument.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

While I don't agree with the manner in which he said it, I don't think contraception should be something thrown on the taxpayers. Why should I have to pay for it. I have been married for 10 yrs and we didn't have a kids until we were 5 yrs into it. We used condoms. We never used birth control, but even if we did, why the hell should I expect someone else to pay for it. I don't see birth control as health care. I see it as pregnancy prevention, not health care.

Fluke is playing the - victim - for Obama. Liberals love to hide behind - victims- .

----------

---------

Without my birth control, my hormones get so f*cked up I will go months without a period. Without my friends birth control, a VIRGIN mind you, she will bleed more in a month than she wont and her endometriosis will flare up. Some other women use it for ovarian cysts. Some use it for severe menstrual cramps or severe acne.
Birth control, depending on the type (even over the counter ones) can cost from about $60 a month to $150 a month. That equals over $3,000 a year.
Please, do some research on a topic before you talk about a topic you know nothing about.

move to Canada.

NO, birth control is NOT cheap in any way shape or form. Without my insurance coverage, my birth control would cost up to $60 each month.

There is a birth control type out there called Tadalafil that will cost $250 per month here in the US.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0317
reply to post by RealSpoke

How about because I do not want to pay for it for her...its like the inner city woman having baby after baby not knowing who the father is or where and collecting federal assistance. You could argue that these woman need it, but do you think they would use it if they had access to it...?

At what point does it become the individuals fault for their actions...? Its not for the Government to fix.

I get a lot of action when I am on leave and I don't knock any woman up, I buy my own condoms...

This is BS...

Sniper

How about, I don't want to pay for you and you military service? How about that when it is applied
to you?

Do you like it when some idiots assume that all Soldiers are blood thirsty and like inflicting collateral
damage?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You know what? I'm not going to bother with someone like you anymore.

Ignorance is truly bliss.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl
The bottom line on this argument is this...the Government has no place telling private insurance companies what they must cover. End of argument. It is not their function. Where does it end? Does the government need to force companies, or they themselves provide every single thing a person "needs" (or wants...yea). Individual responsibility has to come into play at some point. I listened to her statements, was interesting how she came up with the costs, complaining how students just can't afford them...well, I was a student, if I couldn't afford things, I didn't get them...while sex is fun, it's a choice...not a right that needs to be financed by others.

Having hormonal problems, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and various other medical issues are not a choice. Being on birth control does NOT equal having sex.

Does Sandra Fluke have hormonal problems or ovarian cysts? Are you trying to

-change the game-? Nice try.

Sandra Fluke should - abstain - from sex if she can't afford it.

I'm not trying to change anything. I'm educating ignorant people like you.
Where did she say she's having "so much sex she can't afford birth control"?

Don't they have - birth control - at Planned Parenthood?

Planned Parenthood has locations in Washington DC.

You are losing this argument.

No they are not losing it, you have lost it, which is why you are stumbling
around sounding like a sexual fascist. Note to you, this isn't 1952...

edit on 3-3-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

----------

---------

move to Canada.

NO, birth control is NOT cheap in any way shape or form. Without my insurance coverage, my birth control would cost up to $60 each month.

There is a birth control type out there called Tadalafil that will cost $250 per month here in the US.

Try Planned Parenthood. They will provide all of your - birth control - needs.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You know what? I'm not going to bother with someone like you anymore.

Ignorance is truly bliss.

ya, this person represents our voting base, evidence of why we are where we are in
the bind we are. Great argument for birth control though

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You trip, fall, and break your leg, thats what insurance is for. You get a disease, thats what insurance is for. You want to have sex out of your own decision, and want to use contraceptives, thats not what health insurance is for. Insurance is for the most part, privately owned, and the church is separate from the government, so the government cannot force either to pay for contraceptives. The government shouldnt be giving them out either, as i dont want to be paying for someones sex. If someone wants to have sex, let them do it on their own paycheck.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with Rush Limbaugh on this one. I am not Republican OR Democrat, I couldn't care less, because anyone who can't see that BOTH parties are out to destroy us and the last remaining vestiges of the Constitution deserves everything they get for voting for either party. But back on point, I think Sandra Fluke and Nancy Pelosi both are what Limbaugh said. They are nothing but women who are championing rights for women and there's nothing wrong with that (in and of itself) but women have all the good jobs today and are managers of virtually every institution, they get jobs simply on the premise of quota (something a man never gets), they get everything handed to them in court at the man's expense even if the man is more responsible, money, children, property...and they still claim to be victims. So the way I see it these two women are everything that Limbaugh says and many more like them in Washington......because they don't want equal rights for women....they want equal rights and then more and more rights at the expense of men. Way to go RUSH!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

----------

---------

move to Canada.

Try Planned Parenthood. They will provide all of your - birth control - needs.

So will insurance companies, who don't want to spend $40,000 to pay for the costs associated
with pregnancy, prenatal and birth. Are you trying to bankrupt the insurance companies

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777
You trip, fall, and break your leg, thats what insurance is for. You get a disease, thats what insurance is for. You want to have sex out of your own decision, and want to use contraceptives, thats not what health insurance is for. Insurance is for the most part, privately owned, and the church is separate from the government, so the government cannot force either to pay for contraceptives. The government shouldnt be giving them out either, as i dont want to be paying for someones sex. If someone wants to have sex, let them do it on their own paycheck.

I cannot tell you how many times I've said this, but I'll say it yet again. In fact, I'll just quote one of my other posts about it.

Please, do some research before you start spewing lies over a topic you know nothing about.

link   
If she wants to have sex and not get pregnant maybe she should buy her own damn pills or use a condom.

link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Go to Planned Parenthood. It's a democrat sacred cow.

There are locations in Washington DC.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
Let the brainwashing begin! Once again, the Left so blatantly points out why we should charge the government with fostering every aspect of our lives. Where are all the intellectuals?

No one's charging the government for birth control insurance coverage. Do you even know what the argument is about? The health insurance industry presents packages that have costs ranging low to high due to the types of coverage they offer. What the govt wants to insure is that critical women's health care includes basic contraception cost coverage, and that employers who provide employee healthcare insurance coverage (with a reasonable % of the premiums and co-pays covered by the employees, as is already typical anyway) can't deny any of the traditional health insurance coverage over "moral objections" to single offerings that exist within that coverage.

This issue is about not establishing a "slippery slope" within the health care law that can be further leveraged by opponents of that law as it begins to be implemented within the larger society. In truth, the people pushing this controversy aren't interested in women's health care options or even in the "moral implications" of birth control. They're just leveraging the controversy that they've ginned up through the Catholic Bishops' Council - using that organization as a their spearhead - to weaken the healthcare law's implementation, and hopefully cripple it before it starts winning over people who will suddenly discover the benefits they receive once it actually starts affecting their own lives.

It's a last ditch effort to ruin it as the kind of popular social contract that Medicare and Social Security have become.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
If she wants to have sex and not get pregnant maybe she should buy her own damn pills or use a condom.

Here, I'll make this simple for you by quoting one of my existing posts:

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join