It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Rebukes Limbaugh, Thanks woman called a "slut" and "prostitute"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
He is usually way overboard. I am not into the apology thing..unless someone means it...and I know he would not apologize unless his ability to earn is threatened...and that apology would mean nothing.

A person convinced against their will..is of the same opinion still.

Enough with the fake apologies. They mean nothing to anyone except corporate sponsors and delusional people trying to keep their job.

Peace

Obama called the women to offer support for her stating her principles, something Rush would have an allergic reaction to if he ever came in contact with any principles or decency.

What does this have to do with him "apologizing"? Frankly I admire someone who does even when he gets flack from those who think we in the capacity and represented by the President never should. Would be nice if there were any adults on the Republican side except for Ron Paul, who have any clue about this.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I serve and fight for America daily, and i ask why should Rush apologize...? First amendment anyone, also you do not have to listen to him, you can fall asleep listening to PBS if you so choose.

If she were my daughter I would not be very happy with her. Maybe next she will get a call from Clinton...

So much sex she cannot afford contraception, last time I checked it takes 2 to tango or mish...

This is an absurd story not deserving the attention it received IMHO...

Marine Sniper heading off for a hike...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
People who are supporting contraceptive mandates on health insurance are ridiculous. Health insurance mandates that go beyond emergency, necessary, or life threatening health care are some of the reasons we have out of control health care coverage costs.

Have you never heard of PREVENTATIVE CARE? All insurance companies cover it, and they should, because it PREVENTS all the things you just mentioned. Preventative care is cheaper than emergency or life-threatening care. Birth control would be considered preventative care, and it's cheaper than the cost of pre-natal and post-natal care.

What is the difference in a mandate to cover contraception and liposuction, cosmetic surgery, lasic eye surgery, lap-bands, or gastric bypass?

Cosmetic procedures do not usually prevent serious health issues. I believe insurance companies already cover weight loss surgery for health issues, such as gastic bypass.

Where do you think the costs for these mandates go? Do they fall on the rich company executive? Do they fall on those on wall street or making millions / billions? Do they fall upon the company profits? NO, the cost will fall on the poor and middle class as health care coverage costs increase, people will lose jobs and have lower wages.

Wanna know what REALLY drives up the cost of insurance? Smokers, and people who don't eat right and don't exercise. I wish we could cut their insurance, because those people are stupid and don't deserve health coverage at all. Talk about not being responsible for your actions!

Obesity related costs totaled approximately $147 billion last year, and medical spending for obese workers can be up to 117% greater than spending for workers with a normal weight.

Smoking accounts for approximately $157 billion in annual health-related economic losses.

www.aetna.com...

Comfort should never be a cost that is passed onto other people. I can understand emergency care and life-shattering situations, but there is no reason that the cost of comfort should go to anyone else but oneself.

Having an unwanted baby IS a life-shattering situation. We're talking about preventative care here, not comfort. Smoking and bad eating habits, on the other hand, are all about comfort.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by David9176

Good manners go a long way - sometimes, they actually prevent wars.

Wotta concept. Good on you Obama.

Damn straight! Words have the power to do great or terrible things. Having been a diplomat I have personal experience in words doing just that; preventing a war.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

How about because I do not want to pay for it for her...its like the inner city woman having baby after baby not knowing who the father is or where and collecting federal assistance. You could argue that these woman need it, but do you think they would use it if they had access to it...?

At what point does it become the individuals fault for their actions...? Its not for the Government to fix.

I get a lot of action when I am on leave and I don't knock any woman up, I buy my own condoms...

This is BS...

Sniper

link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

I wonder if he will get the same treatment as Imus? I doubt it.

link   

Originally posted by digginforthetruth
While I don't agree with the manner in which he said it, I don't think contraception should be something thrown on the taxpayers. Why should I have to pay for it. I have been married for 10 yrs and we didn't have a kids until we were 5 yrs into it. We used condoms. We never used birth control, but even if we did, why the hell should I expect someone else to pay for it. I don't see birth control as health care. I see it as pregnancy prevention, not health care.

Oh nooooooooo! You are arguing the common sense part of the story.

Fluke is playing the - victim - for Obama. Liberals love to hide behind - victims- .

It's obvious to everyone that Fluke should pay for her own recreation.

Go ahead and have sex. Just don't expect other people to pay for it.

----------
Birth control does not cost $1,000 a year for a student. Try CVS or Rite Aid or

maybe...........abstain from sex until you graduate.
---------
Well done Rush Limbaugh! Now - everyone - knows who Fluke is and what her

BS is all about. Now it's a joke.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Amen sir, agree with your assessment fully on this.

Just more garbage to detract from ObamaCare's 2012 inflated 100Billion dollar increase...I have never see an administration so crafty and quick to deflect, worst presidency ever IMO...

Sniper

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It's not being thrown onto the tax payers. The misinformation campaign is working I see. Telling insurance companies that they have to cover contraception has NOTHING to do with the tax payers.

Yes it is being forced onto the taxpayers. It isn't free and will just put the taxpayers premium higher. and from page 1, who is being denied birth control and how? Rubbers are cheap, abstinence is free. If the parents can afford to pay for Georgetown, they can pay for her pills.

OH, I see...when you say "taxpayer"...you really mean insurance customer.

Silly me...when someone says it's a burden on the "taxpayers"...I think that tax payer money is involved. You know...because you are making it a point to call them "TAX PAYERS".

I guess gas prices, grocery bills, electric bills, and ipods...are all the taxpayers burden

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

Be careful on this one the real issue is freedom of speech most of our so called representatives would like to stifle it.I personally don't care if she's a slut or not, but as usual the ones that cry out the most are going to get praise . And I don't want to pay for someone elses contraceptive, when I don't own a home because I would still be paying in to my elder years for someone elses kid to go to school.
Don't forget that Obama argued in favor of partial birth abortion and won when he was in the Illinois state senate. There are probably lots of people who would like to adopt these poor unwanted babies, if they were carried to term and healthy, and not a threat to the mother's life etc. Other countries sure benefit from the adoption bandwagon.
I don't listen to Limbaugh either, but fair is fair both parties have their share of loud mouths.Its hypocrytical to of sponsors I understand who have been with him for years.
It's why we're all going to suffer when they initiate the fairness docterine. It's political correctness thats to blame for all these stupid laws and taxpayer investigations. Someone says sommething to hurt your feelings? Get over it, sticks and stones may break your bones......

edit on 3-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change wording

edit on 3-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change paragraph

edit on 3-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: thought of sommething else to say.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
And this is the difference between liberals and conservatives. Liberal view on women using contraception: It is their right to be able to plan their future with contraception, it is a medical issue and thus should be covered under health insurance. Conservative view on women using contraception: They are whores and sluts who should keep their legs closed.

That's just absurd.

Liberal view: Break the First Amendment law and force churches to go against their faith. Force your moral point of view on others all the while complaining that's what conservatives do when they pray to end abortion.

Conservative view: Follow the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. You don't have a right to tell people of faith how to run their churches or their church outreaches.

Rush Limbaugh isn't a 'conservative' .. he's just a nutter.
He's in the same category as Keith Olbermann.
Two extremists with big mouths who want a lot of attention.

BTW ... free birth control isn't a 'right'. Birth control is a commodity.

No one is telling Churches how to run themselves at all.

They are telling the insurance companies that they have to provide a certain minimum coverage, and stop taking premiums from people and then not paying out when they are supposed to.

No liberal is forcing anyone to take contraception...they just want to make sure everyone has that right to be able to make that decision for themselves. But if religous groups want to get into the insurance business...guess what...they have to follow the law. Being a religous group doesn't get you out of laws...the are exempt from taxes due to them being a non-profit and for historical reasons.

And no one is asking for "free" birth control...only that is is offered as a service included with paying your premiums.

But I have to address this gem all by itself:

Conservative view: Follow the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. You don't have a right to tell people of faith how to run their churches or their church outreaches.

But the Church can tell free Americans how they should live their own life....right???
edit on 3-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

And this is the difference between liberals and conservatives. Liberal view on women using contraception: It is their right to be able to plan their future with contraception, it is a medical issue and thus should be covered under health insurance. Conservative view on women using contraception: They are whores and sluts who should keep their legs closed.

That's just absurd.

Liberal view: Break the First Amendment law and force churches to go against their faith. Force your moral point of view on others all the while complaining that's what conservatives do when they pray to end abortion.

Rush Limbaugh isn't a 'conservative' .. he's just a nutter.
He's in the same category as Keith Olbermann.
Two extremists with big mouths who want a lot of attention.

BTW ... free birth control isn't a 'right'. Birth control is a commodity.

No one is telling Churches how to run themselves at all.

They are telling the insurance companies that they have to provide a certain minimum coverage, and stop taking premiums from people and then not paying out when they are supposed to.

No liberal is forcing anyone to take contraception...they just want to make sure everyone has that right to be able to make that decision for themselves. But if religous groups want to get into the insurance business...guess what...they have to follow the law. Being a religous group doesn't get you out of laws...the are exempt from taxes due to them being a non-profit and for historical reasons.

And no one is asking for "free" birth control...only that is is offered as a service included with paying your premiums.

But I have to address this gem all by itself:

But the Church can tell free Americans how they should live their own life....right???

Even VP Joe Biden admitted that the White House screwed up.

It is NOT the role of the US government to throw around $100 Million fines on anybody

who dares not to walk the ObamaCare line. This was a deliberate attack on the

Catholic Church. When it first happened, Joe Biden dove under his desk.

He was nowhere to be found.

---------
The good news is that ObamaCare will be found to be unconstitutional by SCOTUS

in June 2012. Good riddance!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0317

Amen sir, agree with your assessment fully on this.

Just more garbage to detract from ObamaCare's 2012 inflated 100Billion dollar increase...I have never see an administration so crafty and quick to deflect, worst presidency ever IMO...

Sniper

The good news is that it didn't work. It blew up in Nancy Pelosis face.

Now Sandra Fluke is a national joke.

You should have heard them on The Five on Fox News at 5 PM.

They couldn't stop laughing.
- Well, if we have to pay for the sex, then

should we also pay for the roses, the dinner & the movie also?-

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl
The bottom line on this argument is this...the Government has no place telling private insurance companies what they must cover. End of argument. It is not their function. Where does it end? Does the government need to force companies, or they themselves provide every single thing a person "needs" (or wants...yea). Individual responsibility has to come into play at some point. I listened to her statements, was interesting how she came up with the costs, complaining how students just can't afford them...well, I was a student, if I couldn't afford things, I didn't get them...while sex is fun, it's a choice...not a right that needs to be financed by others.

Having hormonal problems, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and various other medical issues are not a choice. Being on birth control does NOT equal having sex.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl
The bottom line on this argument is this...the Government has no place telling private insurance companies what they must cover. End of argument. It is not their function. Where does it end? Does the government need to force companies, or they themselves provide every single thing a person "needs" (or wants...yea). Individual responsibility has to come into play at some point. I listened to her statements, was interesting how she came up with the costs, complaining how students just can't afford them...well, I was a student, if I couldn't afford things, I didn't get them...while sex is fun, it's a choice...not a right that needs to be financed by others.

Having hormonal problems, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and various other medical issues are not a choice. Being on birth control does NOT equal having sex.

Does Sandra Fluke have hormonal problems or ovarian cysts? Are you trying to

-change the game-? Nice try.

Sandra Fluke should - abstain - from sex if she can't afford it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
If I gotta pay for her to get laid, she better be givin me some of that. I agree, at least show the video. Hey maybe that way we can pay for birth control. Sell the videos.

Because I don't feel like typing it all out again, I refer you to my post here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by digginforthetruth
While I don't agree with the manner in which he said it, I don't think contraception should be something thrown on the taxpayers. Why should I have to pay for it. I have been married for 10 yrs and we didn't have a kids until we were 5 yrs into it. We used condoms. We never used birth control, but even if we did, why the hell should I expect someone else to pay for it. I don't see birth control as health care. I see it as pregnancy prevention, not health care.

Oh nooooooooo! You are arguing the common sense part of the story.

Fluke is playing the - victim - for Obama. Liberals love to hide behind - victims- .

It's obvious to everyone that Fluke should pay for her own recreation.

Go ahead and have sex. Just don't expect other people to pay for it.

----------
Birth control does not cost $1,000 a year for a student. Try CVS or Rite Aid or

maybe...........abstain from sex until you graduate.
---------
Well done Rush Limbaugh! Now - everyone - knows who Fluke is and what her

BS is all about. Now it's a joke.

Yet again I have to say this because people like you just don't understand. Being on birth control does NOT equal having sex!!!!

Without my birth control, my hormones get so f*cked up I will go months without a period. Without my friends birth control, a VIRGIN mind you, she will bleed more in a month than she wont and her endometriosis will flare up. Some other women use it for ovarian cysts. Some use it for severe menstrual cramps or severe acne.
Birth control, depending on the type (even over the counter ones) can cost from about $60 a month to $150 a month. That equals over $3,000 a year.
Please, do some research on a topic before you talk about a topic you know nothing about.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Yes, Biden and Obama admitted a mistake in the first policy...and they corrected it.

That is what good leaders do.

And yet the Right cries...because that is what they do.

But you probably think admitting a mistake is a sign of weakness.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101
Yet again I have to say this because people like you just don't understand. Being on birth control does NOT equal having sex!!!!

I understand your frustration

It's that old tunnel vision issue I posted about earlier

Taking Birth Control Pills is not an indication of someone's sexual activities!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join