It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's ALL "6's and 7's" means "in a state of confusion and disarray"... NO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
From Robin R Lynch: Any idea where the phrase at sixes and sevens came from, and what it really means?
www.worldwidewords.org...

Tech N9ne's - "All 6's and 7's"
en.wikipedia.org...

Above I have provided some links that will get you acquainted with the saying 'All Sixes and Sevens', and the assumed meanings.
Now I will provide the biblical aspect, in defining what the numbers 6's and 7's truly means... I'm sure I will fall short in convincing anyone of a new understanding or belief in regards to what I know it truly means, but with out further ado...

Job 5:19
He shall deliver you in six troubles: yes, in seven there shall no evil touch you
bible.cc...

Well, from this one can see how the idea of disarray or confusion can be concluded in defining 6's and 7's... for in order for one to be subject to trouble, first must be disarray or confusion. For if this were not so, someone who was not confused and has knowledge(which is power) would not be subject to such circumstances, for they would be able to prevent it.

Matthew 6: 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Now we see that the number 6 is associated with secretive acts, or the practice of not putting sacred acts on display for the masses or others to see.

Matthew 6:7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

Now one can see again, how disarray or confusion can play into the defining of All 6's and 7's, for 'Babbling' can be a product or a construct of this very notion. Then also to reference it as being 'like pagans' goes to reiterate Job 5:19 in the idea of 'no evil shall touch you', for pagans were in many ways defined as being 'Evil'.

With all this being said, I will now present the true meaning of 'All 6's and 7's'

Matthew 7:6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Again, we see the notion of secrecy being attributed to the number 6.

Matthey 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Again, we see the notion of "in seven there shall no evil touch you"(Job 5:19), in knowing that following the 'Law of the Prophets' gives way to..

Matthew 7:26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”"

Again, 26 and 27 or... 2-6,2-7... which is a construct of 6-7, but in direct opposition to the defining implications of 6's and 7's.

Essentially... Matthew 7:6-7 sums it up, but just like mathematics.... their 'sum' can be found through addition.
What in the world does that mean?
6+7=13
Matthew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

Why in the world would I have posted a link to Tech N9ne's "All 6's and 7's"?
Length 76:31
backwards 13:67, 13=6+7, yeah a stretch I know....

Released June 7, 2011
06/07
Another stretch or just cleaver marketing.... maybe

But now lets see.... is Tech N9ne a religious man? or does he apply religion to his music?
Studio Albums
Anghellic (2001)
Everready (The Religion) (2006)
The Gates Mixed Plate (2010)

Well, that's enough about Tech N9ne, but if you are a follower of his music, it is incredibly clear, as to the role of religion, god, and the devil has in his lyrics and mentality.

I'm not going to pretend like I presented a clear case as to the meaning of 6's and 7's, but rather just provided some interesting correlations for anyone to start with.

This many then shed some light into the understanding of what the number 13 means. What it means when groups use it to define who they(individual or group). From 13 steps on the Mayan pyramid, to 13 arrows in a eagles talons, to 13 colonies, up to Revelation 13 and 'The Beast out of the Sea'.

Hint(well... to my understanding), 13 is a transitional number, on a processional manner back to 1. Which then sheds light to the truth and reality in understanding just what Dec 21st, 2012 is all about. If this is not the truth in numbers.... well we will see what the true strength of Self-fulfilling prophecy truly is, for MANY DO LIVE BY THESE NUMBERS AND MEANINGS, AS MEANS AND INSPIRATION FOR THE CHOICES IN WHICH THEY MAKE. Don't believe me, look around.

Ahhhh the use of numbers and their meanings being behind the orientations of ancient and/or biblical texts.... too much fun, lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Its not very legit or fair to use the numbering system in the bible, as they were not originaly there. It was added to help the reader.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is a good book with lots of references to the Gematria of the original text itself ...well worth a read as a introductory to numbers in creation and the word of God ...peace

Gematria - Hebrew and Greek Numerology. In Hebrew, each letter possesses a numerical value. Gematria is the calculation of the numerical equivalence THE SEAL OF GOD www.mun.ca...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I'm not implying that this is the way in which all of the canon was created, only much of the new testament. Being that much of this was done during the 15th, mainly 16th century, starting in the 13th century, and actually having root back to the 5th century.. Sheds light into those that use these numbers as inspiration and guidance through this understanding. Again, I will toss in the term of 'Self Fulfilling Prophecy'.

These numbers were placed into the texts, being guided by ancient understandings in meanings of these numbers. Mainly Mayan numerology and Pythagorean numerical defining characteristics.
The progression of these numbers create a story line, just like the story lines and philosophies presented in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. It would truly take a 5000 page essay to try make my case. That's why I stated previously, that I'm not going to pretend like I'm actually going to convince anyone. No, the Torah/Talmud, OT, and others did not follow this orientation, but naturally followed as being the 'word of god'.
Ever heard the saying "God Geometrizes(sp?)"? Why is it a Compass over a Square(freemason), it's a description of a philosophy.

For many have said or implied that numbers are a product of geometry, and that geometry is a product of philosophy?

Philosophy and Geometry
www.springer.com...

read it, it's amazing.... I've only skimmed through it, but I have read many similar lit. that reiterate this point.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
They say that Proof is in the Pudding right? Well here's something Bill Cosby would go bonkers over.

Pythagoras - Number meanings
www.mathgym.com.au...

4 - (justice, retribution) squaring of accounts

www.biblegateway.com...
Matthew 4
Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness
1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Summing up, the notion of Jesus justifying himself as the Son of God to the Devil. Justice... Then the chapter goes on detail the beginnings of Jesus' preachings, aka... Retribution(towards evil, in the form of teachings from Jesus and the word of God)

Retribution: Punishment that is considered to be morally right and fully deserved.

Next...
Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.

Again, showing justice, or justification, and retribution. For justice is found by those who mourn.

Matthew 6:4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Again, showing justice, or justification. For the 'reward' is found through justice(through the act of not letting your left hand acknowledging what the right hand is doing.

Matthew 7:4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

Again, showing justice or justification, this should be pretty evident.

Matthew 8: 3 Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy. 4 Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”

Again, showing justice, not to tell anyone, but only to the priest as testimony, in which gives justice to the act of Jesus' healing of his leprosy.

Matthew 9:4 Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?

This is presented in a different fashion in regards to previous chapters, rather it is a question of justice or justification directed towards the previous statement of "3 At this, some of the teachers of the law said to themselves, “This fellow is blaspheming!”"

I could go on and on, but it is a reoccurring theme or construct of the texts. I choose to use Matthew only because it is my reiterates my very own practiced philosophy, but this applies to John, Luke and Mark as well.

Want more?

They follow the pythagorean meanings attributed towards numbers, although don't necessarily reflect the given meanings presented in the link I had provided, but all accounts on his teachings will essentially describe these(in the link) meanings of 1-5 being correct.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this information. I forgot about that scripture in Job. Now I see why the number 13 is regarded as unlucky to some Christians. Six added to seven only results in confusion.

The number seven has always been mentioned in good light within the scriptures. The number six is only mentioned a few times in the scriptures in an unfavorable light. - Job 5:19 and Rev 13:18
Revelation 13:18 calls six a number of a man.

The bible is silent on why the number six is put into a negative light. It doesn’t spell out the reason why God had a dislike for it. It is my personal opinion that the negative light of six came during the time of Genesis chapter 6.

Gen. 6:5, 6 - “And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth and it grieved him at his heart”

Gen. 6:7 - “And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man and beast and the creeping thin and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.”

Gen. 6:11-13 - “The earth also was corrupt before God and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth and behold it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, Then end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold I will destroy them with the earth.”

Gen. 7:6 - “And Noah was 600 years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.”

That number six pops up again with the chapter number but that has to be a coincidence. The age of Noah has more meaning than the chapter number but that still doesn’t connect to the bad six.

Something caused the atmosphere to purge all that water to create the deluge. Some laws of nature had to change to drop all that water. Today the earth’s oceans are attracted to the position of the moon with low and high tides. The destruction of a close planetary body most likely cause the flood. Somehow the number 7 went down to 6 in this event and God blames man for it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

In the Bible 6 is the number of man, 7 is the number of completion.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

6 is simply the number of man/mankind.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Still has no meaning with that statement alone. The sky is blue because the sky is blue, but why is the sky blue?

Is the number 6 associated with righeous people, wicked people or both?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

Still has no meaning with that statement alone. The sky is blue because the sky is blue, but why is the sky blue?

I don't know why God gives mankind the number 6, I can't tell you why He does.

Is the number 6 associated with righeous people, wicked people or both?

Mankind as in a general sense. Humans.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Knowing the meaning to this answer about the number 6 does not limit man's access to salvation through Christ. I'll rest my case and just leave you with this strange theory.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Hey Message--

Actually, 'to be at sixes and sevens' is a phrase still used in the British Sport of Cricket - and means, in essence,'the game is lost'

It is also still used in common parlance to-day in England for something 'to be in a state of dis-array or dis-order' (e.g. 'Sorry about the mess - our house has been at Sixes and Sevens ever since the staff was dismissed...')

The source of the phrase is apparently quite old : see the ancient (and mangled) poetical text of the 'Elamite' Hebrew version of Job 5:19 "the god Eloah shall deliver you through six troubles: yea, in seven no evil will ever touch you..."

Later the meaning in Chaucer's day was ['to risk one's fortune recklessly'] - and the earliest citation in print from yee goode oldene Days is from Chaucer's Troilus and Criseyde, c. 1374: "Lat naught this wrechched wo thyn herte gnawe, but manly set the world on Sexe[s] and Sevene[s]."

The appearance of 'at sixes and sevens' can be found as early as the year AD 1670, in Leti's Il Cardinalismo di Santa Chiesa, translated [...] by G. H., 1670

"They tend to leave things at Sixes and Sevens."

The phrase's true origins might well come from the French game called HAZARD which uses the curious phrase ('to set on 5 on 6 i.e. cinq (5) and six (6)' - the two riskiest numbers to bet on - hence was regarded as 'careless' or 'messy' i.e. not paying attention to the odds = to be a victim of muddled thinking...but the current meaning refers to 'a total state of confusion, disorder or disagreement' but not one of gambling-risk.

The Chinese (interestingly ...) have an ancient game called Qi Shang Ba Xia - which is their own version of Hazard using 7s and 8s...but of course not (4) fours -which number is considered very very very unlucky in China !!!.

I for one, however, certainly do NOT see anything devilish or anti-Christian in the phrase ...

edit on 3-3-2012 by Sigismundus because: stutteringgg keyyboarddd

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus

Hey Message--

Actually, 'to be at sixes and sevens' is a phrase still used in the British Sport of Cricket - and means, in essence,'the game is lost'

It is also still used in common parlance to-day in England for something 'to be in a state of dis-array or dis-order' (e.g. 'Sorry about the mess - our house has been at Sixes and Sevens ever since the staff was dismissed...')

The source of the phrase is apparently quite old : see the ancient (and mangled) poetical text of the 'Elamite' Hebrew version of Job 5:19 "the god Eloah shall deliver you through six troubles: yea, in seven no evil will ever touch you..."

Later the meaning in Chaucer's day was ['to risk one's fortune recklessly'] - and the earliest citation in print from yee goode oldene Days is from Chaucer's Troilus and Criseyde, c. 1374: "Lat naught this wrechched wo thyn herte gnawe, but manly set the world on Sexe[s] and Sevene[s]."

The appearance of 'at sixes and sevens' can be found as early as the year AD 1670, in Leti's Il Cardinalismo di Santa Chiesa, translated [...] by G. H., 1670

"They tend to leave things at Sixes and Sevens."

The phrase's true origins might well come from the French game called HAZARD which uses the curious phrase ('to set on 5 on 6 i.e. cinq (5) and six (6)' - the two riskiest numbers to bet on - hence was regarded as 'careless' or 'messy' i.e. not paying attention to the odds = to be a victim of muddled thinking...but the current meaning refers to 'a total state of confusion, disorder or disagreement' but not one of gambling-risk.

The Chinese (interestingly ...) have an ancient game called Qi Shang Ba Xia - which is their own version of Hazard using 7s and 8s...but of course not (4) fours -which number is considered very very very unlucky in China !!!.

I for one, however, certainly do NOT see anything devilish or anti-Christian in the phrase ...

edit on 3-3-2012 by Sigismundus because: stutteringgg keyyboarddd

Well much of what you provided can be found in the link I provided....

Next, if you're refering to something I may have said, I do not hold the opinion that the phrase is anti-Christian or Devilish.

I think the number six can apply to the entire material plane, especially that of life.
From carbon, being 6,6,6(proton, neutron, electron), to the hexagon in which is found through out life and living things, also being a construct of the Koch fractal snowflake(inner shape in star of david(aka 12 walls))

Is it not plausible that the French game of HAZARD adopted these understandings into the rules of the game? Also, 5 is to be defined as 'Marriage', many numerology traditions hold. If six is to be defined as man, as well as the emotions that come with(and the characteristics of 7 not being applied) would result in 'not paying attention to the odds' and 'muddled thinking'.

With out 7, you have missed out on the following characteristics/meaning/understandings (in a biblical sense)

'Matthew 6:7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.'

Matthey 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Job 5:19
He shall deliver you in six troubles: yes, in seven there shall no evil touch you.

Also, 4 being 'justice', the most powerful acts or displays of 'justice' comes through 'Revelations' encompassing judgement, like that of the 4 hoursemen, 4 beasts,

Revelation 4: 4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads.

If man is 6, and justice is 4. Man by justices is 24(6x4)...

Also, 4 is justice by determining the completion of one digit through, 1+2+3+4=10
Which then you see....

Revelations4: 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:

Once you get into double digits, you start to identify more general terms for specific general 'events' or definitions and characteristic of whatever 1-9 is applied to... Wow, reading that makes little sense LOL, but that's the best you're going to get from me at the moment haha.

maybe....

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Knowing the meaning to this answer about the number 6 does not limit man's access to salvation through Christ. I'll rest my case and just leave you with this strange theory.

I never said it limited salvation for men. Salvation is found in a Person, Christ Jesus, not some philosophy.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I never said it limited salvation for men. Salvation is found in a Person, Christ Jesus, not some philosophy.

I didn't say you said that. I was saying it is not important to know the reason why God chose the number 6 for man. Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Thanks for reminding me about the atomic composition of Carbon. We're made mostly out of water and Carbon but only 18% of Carbon. The water portion is 65% Oxygen and 10% Hydrogen.

Elements in the Human Body

Interesting point about the number four associated with the number six, making the 24 elders. New Jerusalem is supposed to be foursquare and the earth is described with four corners. If the number six is good then the relationship to 24 seems appropriate as a multiple with four. Adam and Eve were created on the sixth creative day and maybe that’s why it is a man’s number.

God rested on the seventh day and blessed it and made it sacred. When is God going back to work to construct more planets for habitation?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Thanks for reminding me about the atomic composition of Carbon. We're made mostly out of water and Carbon but only 18% of Carbon. The water portion is 65% Oxygen and 10% Hydrogen.

Elements in the Human Body

Interesting point about the number four associated with the number six, making the 24 elders. New Jerusalem is supposed to be foursquare and the earth is described with four corners. If the number six is good then the relationship to 24 seems appropriate as a multiple with four. Adam and Eve were created on the sixth creative day and maybe that’s why it is a man’s number.

God rested on the seventh day and blessed it and made it sacred. When is God going back to work to construct more planets for habitation?

For me, the idea of 'good or evil' become null and void when speaking in terms of denoting any particular understanding to numbers. It becomes a conscious, subjective, and misleading means in defining the characteristics and implications that these numbers contribute to the over all nature of the cosmos, life, and consciousness alike.

To recognize that there is a precessional relationship between cycles, and that everything evolves and does not find an exact equilibrium, for if it did... would ultimately imply the idea of 'motionless' or a moment in which the term and function of 'absolute zero' applies. One bi-product, or function of absolute zero that is commonly acknowledged or accepted is the concept that any matter that is found in this state vanishes. Essentially transalting to it not being a true construct of the universe, and having no metaphysical application. For even in physics 'Annihilation':
" In physics, the word is used to denote the process that occurs when a subatomic particle collides with its respective antiparticle.[2] Since energy and momentum must be conserved, the particles are not actually made into nothing, but rather into new particles"
Into new particles, not nothing.
en.wikipedia.org...

In the end, everything is yin and yang, in a constant relationship of motion.... My suggestion is to try and not apply 'good' or 'evil', for inside the construct is universal justice, in which gives little strength to any perception of evil for means of finding good...

sorry if that doesn't make sense...

new topics

top topics

join