It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams about losing teeth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Im sure im not the only one that has had these dreams...

I've been having them for years, and everytime i am fooled by the dream... While im in the dream they are VERY real... I find my self shocked that one of my teeth are loose, and when i touch it or wiggle it, the tooth comes out, sometimes taking a few extras with it...

My reaction of course is shock... then acceptance. And of course i have no memory of the dream until several hours after i wake up.

Does anyone have any ideas on what these dreams might mean?

Personally i don't believe dreams mean anything... its your subconscious playing tricks on you... but some people consider dreams warnings. Others believe they are prophetic in nature...

Could it be this particular dream is playing on my vanity? Warning me against being vain?

Perhaps its preparing me for the day my body will slowly fall apart so to speak?

I really have no idea, but i can tell you one thing... I HATE these dreams... The idea of losing my teeth, even one of them is a little scary...

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
OMG the crazy thing is that i have had these dreams so many times before and they feel so damn real. Is like i feel them just falling out, and im like trying so hard to keep them back in but as soon as i touch them more fall out. Its probably the freakiest dream i have ever had....good to know someone else experienced this instead of just me...freakkyyyyy lol dang im still like wow.. i think there is a legit meaning behind it..

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I had a very vivid tooth dream most be, only just last week and another one a month before.

I almost never remeber my dreams only the vivid ones and i did not like it at all.

There was no pain when they "fell out" i spose i can liken the experience to a certain cringe worthy scene from "The Fly"

Creeped me out but apart from the inital discomfort, im not bothered by it.

It is a little odd, since i had an epicly real feeling dream about nukes and aliens and then a ATS member posts up a "tell me about your apoclyspe" thread!!!!

weeeeird.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have the same dreams.

I think it means I need to floss more often...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I too have had many dreams about losing my teeth lol. I always seem to be standing in front of the bathroom mirror in the dream. Like you said it must have to do with vanity.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I hate those dreams too. It is a nice surprise when you wake up to find that it was just a dream, but still I'd love for those to stop already.

From what I've read, loose teeth are an indication of loss of some kind, and teeth falling out mean financial losses and/or personal losses upcoming. Don't know how accurate those dreamer dictionaries are though. I think I'm going to brush my teeth now that you mention that stuff.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Losing teeth are very common dreams for some strange reason.
So are being late and not being able to find somewhere you are
supposed to be. I have no idea why. Karl Yung probably knows.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I've had the same kind of dreams, almost all of my life. Sometimes they just fall out, sometimes they chip or break, and sometimes it's even weirder than that. In one dream my top row of teeth all came off in one chunk, like they were dentures. It was disgusting and horrifying at the time haha.

In my personal case, I don't think it's related to vanity. I don't consider myself to be a very vain person, I think it just means I need to take better care of my teeth.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
These are very common dreams. Mine I usually associated with some anxiety I'm working through.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneness86
reply to post by Akragon

I too have had many dreams about losing my teeth lol. I always seem to be standing in front of the bathroom mirror in the dream. Like you said it must have to do with vanity.

lol Had one of those when I was young. Bathroom... Tooth falling out.. Puffy face...

I took it to mean that I shouldnt concern myself with looks. (Im not an ugly guy by any means, but I was self concious growing up in my teens)

A fear of getting ugly? Perhaps... I think it's a vanity thing. Personal fear of not looking like the typicle TV faces and poster abs.. Or getting older and changing looks, fearing they would degrade.. etc.

Funny, every now and then I recall that dream, even though it happened soooo long ago. I wanted to assure myself that it's one of the vivid dreams that didnt come true!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Maybe it means you have poor dental hygiene and you need to go to the dentist. Lay off the sweets too.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Crazy...I just had a dream like last week maybe that I was sitting up in bed, and i just spit one tooth out at first, then i just used my tongue, like it was nothing, and wiggled like ten of em loose and just spit em out like they were skittles...no pain or nothing, a little blood. I just spit em out. didn't even think it was that weird till I woke up. Crazy that so many people have had a dream like this!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ive had these dreams and belive that they are from fear of losing teeth. My wife has them and thinks its because she didn't have dental care as a child and has a deep rooted (no pun intended) fear of money problems that have alot to do with not being able to afford a dentist. She has them every time shes worried about money.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Any dream doesn't have just one "translation", but I heard dreams about losing teeth has to do with stress. Could also be about 100 other things. Vanity being one. It could just be about losing teeth, too.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
this is your brain telling you to watch your health .everybody has those dreams at some time or another your just anxious

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
My grandmother used to say that dreams about loose teeth or teeth falling out were a manifestation of anxiety about getting older. Looking at your loose teeth in a mirror was your inner self dealing with the fact that your body is ageing and changing.
She said that people often had these dreams after an event that set a new limitation on their abilities. Like finding it more difficult to do something that was easy when you were younger.

Thats my two cents.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... I had a dream similar to losing teeth this week, although as it turns out they weren't teeth.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Me and my friend were talking about this one day and he thought it was because we grind our teeth at night. It seems to be a very common theme in dreams and so is grinding teeth during sleep so I think they might be connected.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Interesting read:

dreammoods.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
My grandmother used to say that dreams about loose teeth or teeth falling out were a manifestation of anxiety about getting older. Looking at your loose teeth in a mirror was your inner self dealing with the fact that your body is ageing and changing.
She said that people often had these dreams after an event that set a new limitation on their abilities. Like finding it more difficult to do something that was easy when you were younger.

Thats my two cents.

I think this pretty much nails it. It's normally indicative of fears of aging and a loss of virility. Also, if something happens that makes you feel less attractive (weight gain, cruel spouse, etc), you may also have tooth dreams.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join