It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Breitbart, Andy Kaufman, and Faked Deaths???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I want to preface this by claiming that I really don't believe in this "conspriacy". But since everyone else is coming up with crazy conspiracy theories about Breitbarts death...I thought...what the hell. I posted in another thread that Breitbart faked his death to promote the Obama video...this was a joke...just to point out how silly the other conspiracies are. But I thought, hey...I should google this just in case there are actual claims of this...and this is when I found this.

www.dailykos.com...

Now, I didn't come up with this theory...that is credited to someone named "lawsyl" over on the Daily Kos website. So I am simply presenting existing data...I am not endorsing it.

Here are the important parts of the theory:

When Andy Kaufman died back in 1984 at the tender age of 35 I thought it was another Kaufman stunt. I figured he would emerge again but in some other badly-masked persona, but I waited and waited, and nothing. Gee, I thought, maybe he really did die.

According to wikipedia:

Kaufman allegedly told many people...that he wished to fake his own death prior to his actual death. This has caused some fans to believe Kaufman is still alive. Kaufman himself purportedly claimed that if he were to fake his death, he would return 20 years later, which would have been in 2004.

According to his wikipedia page, "Andrew Breitbart" first started making TV appearances in 2004. That's right: 2004. The same year that Kaufman said he would return if he, in fact, had faked his death. I think you can start seeing where I'm going with this.

Add 20 years to Andy Kaufman and you can start to see some similarities. The hairline, the square chin, the long thin nose. Even the famous lip-snear that made Kaufman's impersonation of Elvis so believable. "Breitbart" supposedly was only 43 years old, but look at that photo -- he is one very old looking 43 year old. Kaufman, who was born in 1949, would be 62 today, but he always had a boyish look to him

In the original thread on Daily KOS, they provide two photos to compare.

Kaufman:

Breitbart:

Now I thought it was kind of a fun theory, so I looked up some more pictures of the two...and then I was a bit like "WTF?"

Kaufman:

Breitbart:

Again...I'd like to make clear that I don't buy into this...but as I looked into it, I just had a "hmmm" feeling. Not "hmmm" there is something to this, but "hmmm" this is quite odd.

I don't think that Breitbart faked his death, I posted that in the other thread as a joke to show how easy it is to come up with a somewhat realistic theory. But Kaufman did say he would like to fake his death and come back in 20 years as a different character. So the faked death part is purely on the part of Kaufman...not trying to suggest that Breitbart's death was also faked. But I'm sure someone could easily pick that up and run with it. However, Breitbart has a family while Kaufman did not...so that makes that theory a bit harder to swallow. BUT...it does make you wonder about Breitbarts "Wait until they see what happens on March 1st" comment.

I have always seen Andrew Breitbart as a character, like he is acting a part to be outrageous. I always thought that it was done for ratings...be outrageous and people will watch. But this gives you something to think about. Like I said...I'm not buying into it...but it is a fun theory.

Everyone else is coming up with some theories...at least this is one to have fun with.

If nothing else...the resemblance is striking and could very well just be an ironic coincidence...you know...just like Breitbart dying the day he was going to release a video about Obama in college.
edit on 2-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
They look nothing like each other. Andy Kauffman looks more like Ted Bundy.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
One of the reasons people felt that Kaufman had faked his death was the appearance of Tony Clifton, after the funeral.

www.tonyclifton.net...#/content-03-00

As you can see from the above link, Tony is still making appearance. Pretty hard to do if Kaufman was actually playing Clifton.

More info:
en.wikipedia.org...

Breitbart wouldn't have any reason to fake his own death. There's no punchline there and, to be honest, as impressive a feat as it might be, if Kaufman really did fake his own death, upon his return, he'd find many irate friends and family members as well as lawsuits from anyone and everyone who was negatively impacted by his "demise." (life insurance payments, unfinished acting/performing contracts etc).

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I admit that I have no clue about Kaufman and the theories surronding his death...let's say he was "before my time".

But I did find the resemblance a bit odd.

Like I said...I honestly am not buying it...but I thought it would be a more light hearted discussion than "Obama killed Breitbart" that has been surronding his death.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
"Tony Clifton" was played by 2 people, Andy Kaufman and Bob Zmuda, I think the joke here is they keep the character alive even after Kaufman's death.

I don't see even the vaguest resemblances between Breitbart and Kaufman, but if you look at Breitbart, he appears to be 60 years old, if not older - for someone who was in his early 40's that's not a sign of good health.

Latest news on Breitbart is that he hasn't been to his doctor in more than a year, a bit foolish for someone with a known heart condition.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I don't believe Breitbart died. I believe he spun himself into a silk cacoon and decades from now he shall reemerge as a beautiful Breitbart Butterfly with wings made of satin and cotton. And it shall be glorious.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
"Tony Clifton" was played by 2 people, Andy Kaufman and Bob Zmuda, I think the joke here is they keep the character alive even after Kaufman's death.

I don't see even the vaguest resemblances between Breitbart and Kaufman, but if you look at Breitbart, he appears to be 60 years old, if not older - for someone who was in his early 40's that's not a sign of good health.

Latest news on Breitbart is that he hasn't been to his doctor in more than a year, a bit foolish for someone with a known heart condition.

I agree there isn't the slightest resemblance between the two of them. They only share a first name.

As far as Breitbart looking old. He wasn't too vain. He let his hair turn white and that's not too common to see, for someone his age who holds a high profile. I know there's no rule of thumb for turning grey but it USUALLY starts late late 40's early-50s.

He does look dis-shuffled but I think he was just keeping things real. He also had a lot more important things on his plate other than his appearance.

The guy was off'd.
Anyone with groundbreaking controversial truths usually don't live to show/tell it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I looked closely at several other pictures of Andy and Andrew. I must admit that they have striking resemblance in the following features
1 - Nose ridge -
2 - eye to eye displacement
3 - eye color
4 - facial roundness
5- chin proportion
6 - ear shape/ lobe formation
7 - triangular eye-eye-nose. eye-eye-mouth
8 - upper lip
9 - mouth width

The significant dissimilarities are

1 - Andrew has light hair color
2 - Andrew's eye brows are curved up
3 - Andrew has no moulds on his face
4 - Andrew has a thinner lower lip

I wish I had more pictures / higher res pictures and poses to make more comparisons.

IMO, it would be plausible. But, other than to hide from TPTB, I fail to se a clear motive

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Maybe you could try to match AB up with some other celebrities, like Elvis or Jim Morrison.

I see similarities, same number of nostrils, ears, and eyes.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
there is, also, this one major factor that would make the Kaufman was Breitbart thing impossible.

I went to Tulane with Breitbart. We had mutual friends. I've hung out with him. I can vouch for the fact that, at one time, he was a younger man.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
there is, also, this one major factor that would make the Kaufman was Breitbart thing impossible.

I went to Tulane with Breitbart. We had mutual friends. I've hung out with him. I can vouch for the fact that, at one time, he was a younger man.

Yes, but if I believed any of this and wanted to defend it...or just play devil's advocate...you only knew him after Kaufman's death...correct?

Now, if you went to high school with him...yes, this would make it impossible.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
ok, here's another odd wrinkle for you, if you want to play that game.

I grew up in the town Andy Kaufman grew up in. I'm younger than him, his funeral was in 1984 and I was still in high school at the time but I remember it very well.

I grew up in the same town as Andy Kaufman, I went to college with Andrew Breitbart. It's obvious I am Tony Clifton aka Latka Gravas.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

I agree there isn't the slightest resemblance between the two of them. They only share a first name.

As far as Breitbart looking old. He wasn't too vain. He let his hair turn white and that's not too common to see, for someone his age who holds a high profile. I know there's no rule of thumb for turning grey but it USUALLY starts late late 40's early-50s.

He does look dis-shuffled but I think he was just keeping things real. He also had a lot more important things on his plate other than his appearance.

The guy was off'd.
Anyone with groundbreaking controversial truths usually don't live to show/tell it.
I hope they release the tapes unedited.
I'm curious to know whats on them and how damaging they are to Obama.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Ha ha ha what are the chances?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
ok, here's another odd wrinkle for you, if you want to play that game.

I grew up in the town Andy Kaufman grew up in. I'm younger than him, his funeral was in 1984 and I was still in high school at the time but I remember it very well.

I grew up in the same town as Andy Kaufman, I went to college with Andrew Breitbart. It's obvious I am Tony Clifton aka Latka Gravas.

Well then... Maybe you have a copy of the video??

LOL

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

I might but I don't want to wind up like my alter egos

top topics

join