It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: Robo-call Election Fraud.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hello ATS,
In case some of you are unaware of what is currently going on in Canada right now. Elections canada and the RCMP are currently doing an investigation. Well i called this back before election day, i knew that some dirty tricks were going to be played so that the tories got a majority government, It doesn't make any sense if you're a canadian and know what happened to dissolve parliament in the first place.

Harper government held in contempt of parliament

Alright, so now that we have made this clear, and for those that know what is happening in canada right now, know that Harper is essentially a lunatic, But theres enough info on the web to cover that little topic.

This article shows the tories attempted to blame the liberals for the calls, but found to have lied about that as well. I think the cons are running scared now, trying to hold on to this country..

Tories counterattack backfires

And the amount of ridings effected has jumped from 19 to over 50! This is getting enormous:
Over 50 ridings

This is getting pretty big, and a lot of people are getting pretty ticked off at our current government. It seems like they are digging their own grave. All canada needs is a catalyst, this could possible be the catalyst that changes the face of canada, allows us to hold a new election and 'try again' so to speak, I knew there was no chance harper could have gotten a majority (he got it by 6,100 votes, and by ONE seat).

If some of you are interested in some of the things harper has done contrary to what the public wants or needs, check out this page right here, it has some interesting stories on it, as well as sources to news articles: Sh!t Harper Did
Example:

Since 2006, Harper has cut funding for women's advocacy by 43 per cent, shut 12 out of 16 Status of Women offices in Canada and eliminated funding of legal voices for women and minority groups, including the National Association of Women and the Law and the Courts Challenges Program

So now what do we canadians do about it? Well, there are already some people that thought of this, and already started up petitions on Leadnow and Avaaz, The leadnow petition will send an e-mail to all of the people listed below, and the e-mail can be modified, but it is a standard "Investigate this" e-mail. The e-mails will be sent to the following people:

Stephen Harper, Prime Minister of Canada
William H. Corbett, Commissioner of Elections Canada
Bob Paulson, Commissioner of the RCMP
Nycole Turmel, Leader, New Democratic Party
Bob Rae, Leader, Liberal Party
Louis Plamondon, Parliamentary Leader, Bloc Québécois
Elizabeth May, Leader, Green Party

Note: I removed the links to the petitions, you can find them yourself online, one is named Leadnow robocalls fraud, and the other is Avaaz, of the same name i believe. Check it out yourself since i am not allowed to link them here. Or U2U me and i will send the links

And here is the list of all local MP's in Canada, phone numbers, and e-mails: Parliament website

This is a really big deal, this breaking story has confirmed my beliefs that somehow the election was rigged, even a little bit rigged to suit the needs of one of the parties. It has been confirmed that the ridings effected were mostly non-conservative ridings, either voting for lib or NDP, and were given false information on voting locations, as well as accepting donations for the conservative party. What gets me the most is that the tories are shrugging it off, as if they have some sort of immunity from it,

I hope the smirk gets wiped off harpers face when the investigation is done. At the MINIMUM we should hold brand new by elections for the effected areas. I want a whole new election. And many people are feeling the same as me. The election was messed with, so the recent election should be void until proven otherwise.

Hope this gave some good information, I know there is a thread or two on this subject already, but they have already long died, and there is always news pouring out about it. Good luck canada.

Note to Forum moderators: I just got an e-mail from another thread about petitions, and well, i dont see why i can't put the petitions in my own thread here, seeing as how this is a big issue, its not some random site that i want people to go to for hits or whatever, its a legit problem. And it requires legit canadian voter signatures. I just want to -help-, that is all, and wanted to talk about it with fellow ATSers

Note note: Removed petition links
edit on 2/3/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

This is a really big deal, this breaking story has confirmed my beliefs that somehow the election was rigged, even a little bit rigged to suit the needs of one of the parties.

I've come to the realization that most elections are rigged, one way or the other. But your analysis of the situation is much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

This is a really big deal, this breaking story has confirmed my beliefs that somehow the election was rigged, even a little bit rigged to suit the needs of one of the parties.

I've come to the realization that most elections are rigged, one way or the other. But your analysis of the situation is much appreciated.

Of course, i have come to that conclusion as well,
But when they get caught in the act of doing it, thats when the fun starts to come
. I suspect that if this isn't dealt with soon, a couple petitions will be the least of the canadian governments problems.

I just wanted to bring the petitions to light, and get as many people to sign and send e-mails to their local MPs, I have already done so, Doesn't take a whole lot of time to do it. And really, im tired of harper attacking our freedoms, so i hope the cons are the ones who did this (personally).

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I seriously doubt the public will get a just resolution out of this. I was a fan of the Liberals, even though the corruption in some instances was terrible, they just seemed to do it not as blatantly.

But does the public ever get a resolution that makes all the people involved in Political schemes see the justice they impose on others?

Not really.

Mulrooney sat in a public inquiry to tell us not only did he commit tax evasion, not only did he take bribes, but he then sued for 2 million dollars for slander and got to keep it. And there was nothing the public could do.

Although he didn't have to face justice, I actually liked that resolution. At least we got an honest answer out of him.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well i'am in this One

THUNDER BAY - SUPERIOR NORTH, ONT. (NDP LIST)

NDP - Bruce Hyer - 18,334 - 49.9%

Conservative - Richard Harvey - 10,894 - 29.7%

Liberal - Yves Fricot - 6,117 - 16.7%

In a letter to Elections Canada sent over the weekend, NDP MPs Charlie Angus and Alexandre Boulerice included two phone numbers they say were the source of harassing or misleading calls to NDP supporters in Thunder BaySuperior North and Edmonton East the night of April 29, 2011- just three days before the vote.

Well we got one off those call to we live in the bush been voting at the same place in town now for close to 40 year was toll to go to a smaller town did not work on me when in to same place.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I remember getting called around election time but I cant say for sure what was being said ,,,bla,bla,bla ...I don't vote but if I did it would not be the Libs or the Cons ...We know from the speech Harper gave on the war was almost verbatim from our cousins in Auz ,so it doesn't matter much because tptb control their puppets no matter which suit they are wearing....peace

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Updates on

And the amount of ridings effected has jumped from 19 to over 50! This is getting enormous:
Over 50 ridings

31,000 complaint so far and increasing this is gona get interesting

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"It is not a crime if a President does it"
-- Richard Nixon
-------------------------------------------------

… (Or a prime Minister), apparently

Has there been any new development about this lately, other than the continuous finger pointing of the libs and cons?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
With all the stories of blatant vote rigging and election fraud being exposed, it kinda makes a mockery of our leaders when they stand there telling us we must attack other nations to bring democracy to them!

It's just the establishments way of maintaining power, and if elections really did make a difference, with the chance that they'd lose their power, they'd find an excuse to make it illegal anyway.

The widespread use of electronic voting, with no paper trail, lost ballots, thousands of dead people voting and counting outsourced to "defence" contractors - even those owned by foreign powers - should set alarm bells ringing with everyone. If votes cannot be counted and displayed openly, and audited / recounted for fairness, then we should NOT be obliged to accept the results and the edicts of whoever claims the win.
I know there will always be those who will claim that a recount call is just sour grapes by those who lost, but with all the shenanigans going on right now, this is surely one area where transparency is vital and should be demanded by everyone.

join