It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Access to STRATFOR Articles and Analysis papers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
They'll soon be closing the free access down again to their paying customers, so now is the time if you would like to read up on many interesting issues. Access is around 350$ a year so grab the good stuff while you can

stratfor.com

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Good stuff? I think I'm missing something, bro. All I see are news reports. I still dont understand why people have to pay for news when it's pretty much free on some other news site. We'll eventually get it in ATS within a few moments after it hits.

Thanks though. Always like digging through news sites I haven't visited before.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Over the years I received tons of informative e-mail from them, with stuff you'll never see in conventional media. So I beg to differ.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Im not arguing.. Im honestly asking.. What I saw was nothing "special". Hence.. My question.. What am I missing?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hmm is it just me or is their website down again ? It's timing out on me.

Are they getting dD0s3d again by anonymous, or did the millions of ATS users reading my thread crash the server ? lol

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I bet the good stuff is still restricted, and I hope anonymous releases all the juicy materials soon.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A lot of their content is just short news articles you could probably find elsewhere, but their in-depth analyses are usually quite well written and not just news. On some subjects they are very good aggregators. You might be able to find the information elsewhere if you visited a dozen sites and did your own analysis, but they can give it to you in a neat package. IMO their content is somewhat "uneven" in its quality.

Their critics will often claim they aren't analysts at all, but reporters just like any news organization. But I think there is a world of difference between some of their analysts and the typical MSM reporter more interested in blow drying their hair. Many of their employees really do have a background in the intelligence field.

If you really do want to investigate Stratfor, skip the silly briefings on the front page and actually spend some quality time reading their longer articles to get an idea of what they can do. A drive-by look at their site won't give you very good information. You run the risk of thinking your brief superficial sortie means they are superficial, which just might be opposite of the truth.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't see no sign up link.

And why you join a site that just got hacked?

join