It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOW TO Turn the tables on Big Brother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
HOW TO Turn the tables on Big Brother: Now internet users can watch who is spying them!

This video explains how to use the Firefox add-on "Collusion"...

Collusion
By @toolness

Keep browsing the web. As you do so, the graph on this page will change. Each circle represents a website.

Sites with a halo are sites that you have visited. Sites in grey are sites you have not visited. An arrow from one to the other means that the former site has set one or more third-party cookies to inform the latter site about your visit.

This add-on is still in development and is not guaranteed to be entirely accurate. Hover your mouse over the circles to learn more about them.
Reset Graph
Export Graph
Hide UI

Privacy Policy
When you're using the add-on, we collect information from sites you visit solely to show you how they're connected. This information is stored locally on your computer and you can delete it by resetting the graph. We don't give away this information to anyone except you.

At least it's something that's free we can use to watch the watchers.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Cool Ad-on. I just loaded it.

S&F

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Thanks for the heads up, just added this along with Ghostery.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
oooo i like it!!

added!

you sir, can have a s&f and if i could, a cookie too

EDIT: right thats all working time to hit some goverment sites and stuff and see what fun stuff i can find, or should i say has found me

edit on 2-3-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I dont know if anyones had time to play with it yet and notice whos interested in what.

Seems a website called foxnewsinsider.com is interested in where i go and is linked to almost everything ive been on in the past hour!!

very cool add-on!

edit on 2-3-2012 by Biigs because: spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Holy crap, I got like 6 tabs open and my Collusion looks like the frikken solar system!
So many 3rd party sites! I love this little program.

I don't use Twitter and haven't been on the Dailymail all day, yet I have Dailymail with an arrow linked right to Twitter active... this is out of hand.

edit on 2-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

twitter, facebook, quantserve come up the most as collectors and pretty much any large website or well known website is linked to them all plus a few others!!

Now to start using more privacy in my broswer!! hahah

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Thanks for passing this along.

I've always wondered if I'm being tracked and, if so, by whom. I'll download it later and see what transpires.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If you are like me and have a bunch of privacy/anti-tracking related plugin's installed then it's a nice visual to see these plugins working.

For instance, noscript and ghostery.

This one's highly reccomended along with the above two plugins to minimize tracker/data-sharing among site: www.requestpolicy.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

S&F for you! I just installed Collusion, reset it and went ONLY to ATS and logged in. I get 20 blips on the "radar" plus ATS. I'll try the Ghostery add-on as well. What I did find was that if you are using Firefox and under the Tools, Options and then Privacy Tab, check "don't allow websites to track me" and disable third party cookies, it appears you are a lot more protected from third party trackers.

It's a lot easier than running a network analyzer and less of a resource hog ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

utter twaddle - you are not " turning the tables on big brother - you are swallowing the scaremongering hype of " tracking cookies " hook line and sinker

top topics

join