It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300.000 Organic Farmers Sue Monsanto In Federal Court And LOSE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well people.

Some of you might remember my other thread.

300.000 Organic Farmers Sue Monsanto In Federal Court.

Well they lost!

And it´s a freaking shame!!

Judgde Naomi Buchwald dismissed the case in Federal Court on the 24th of february.

On February 24, Judge Naomi Buchwald handed down her ruling on a motion to dismiss in the case of Organic Seed Growers and Trade Assn et al v. Monsanto after hearing oral argument on January 31st in Federal District Court in Manhattan. Her ruling to dismiss the case brought against Monsanto on behalf of organic farmers, seed growers and agricultural organizations representing farmers and citizens was met with great disappointment by the plaintiffs.

Further Info On The Ruling And Link To News Article

Judge´s Ruling

I came across a letter on a site, that i DID NOT write, but i felt was so on-point and well said i needed to share this with ATS.

I hope every single (sane) person agrees with this letter.

This is an open (hearted) letter to the more than 300,000 organic farmers, seed growers, and members of farming and agricultural organizations (collectively “OSGTA”) challenging Monsanto’s patents on genetically modified seed, who today, after suffering through months of deliberation, tediousness and preparation, had their case against Monsanto dismissed by Judge Naomi Buchwald in Federal District Court in Manhattan.

The letter itself.

Dear Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association,

Today we also heard the bad news. We read of your case being thrown out by Judge Naomi Buchwald. We know the system is broken. And we know that you are trying, however desperately, to stitch a portion of democracy and justice back together again, with us. So, really, this is our case—sane America’s lawsuit. We are writing today to let you know that we feel the pain of today’s decision. We too are saddened and outraged. But our sadness will not last long as we hope yours too will lift soon, with your passion reinvigorated. Far from disengage and extinguish our hope, the decision by Judge Buchwald bolsters our determination, our urgency to do everything in our power to dismantle the Biotech monster machine.

With each blow to our justice, to our health, to our peace of mind, to our children’s future, we will grow stronger, more united, and determined. And with each subsequent act of corruption we will come thundering back to take back our lives, our wealth, which we believe can still be free. Count on it. It’s a promise from all of us to you, fellow farmers. And it’s our promise to Monsanto, the soulless politicians who enable them, and to all Big Business Bullies.

Hope you took the time to read this and you enjoyed it as much as i did.

People ARE waking up.

GMO's are bad.

I don't see how anybody, who has the choice, willingly favors GMO over natural food.

There's absolutely NO NEED to go GMO.

source for the letter

For the people that are interested (all of you should be btw)

*SNIP*
edit on 2-3-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

POSTING WORK WRITTEN BY OTHERS
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

edit on March 2nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This was already posted but none the less it is sad to see the farmers case dropped like this. I don't know the full details but I'm going to assume America has the best legal system money can buy.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This was already posted but none the less it is sad to see the farmers case dropped like this.

I did a search and just did it again.

Nothing comes up except for my own threads?

the best legal system MONEY can buy.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'll bet the bank account of Judge Buchwald is a lot fatter than it was before this case was brought to her bench.

The fact that Monsanto doesn't serve GMO foods in its own corporate headquarter's cafeteria says it all.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
reply to post by Swills

This was already posted but none the less it is sad to see the farmers case dropped like this.

I did a search and just did it again.

Nothing comes up except for my own threads?

the best legal system MONEY can buy.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.

posted 2/27 - www.abovetopsecret.com... but I have no issues with this being brought up again.

Class-Action Lawsuit Against Monsanto Is Dismissed

dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

thanks for finding the thread.

did not notice.

since my thread also revolves around the letter and (possibly) signing the petition, i think it warrents a stay.

however that's just me.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

she needs to be thrown off the bench,this won't stop us.Eventually we will take back our right to clean unadulterated food.
I would love to ask the judge if she eats gmo's

new topics

top topics

join